Breastfeeding and OTC medications??

imagenimagen Registered Users Posts: 343
I have a horrible head cold (UUGGHH!!) and I don't know what I can take and what I should avoid. I've tried homeopathic remedies and nothing is cutting through this sucker! Any suggestions?

Thanks! :sad4:
.png

.png

Comments

• KaiaKaia Registered Users Posts: 8,815 Curl Connoisseur
    Here's info from kellymom.com http://www.kellymom.com/health/meds/cold-remedy.html

Looks like tylenol, advil, sudafed, and most forms of robitussin are ok to take.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • CynaminbearCynaminbear Registered Users Posts: 4,476 Curl Connoisseur
    You can also call LLL.
    Hope you feel better soon. If there's a silver lining, at least with all your antibodies the baby most likely won't catch the cold. [at least that was my experience]
    There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.
  • imagenimagen Registered Users Posts: 343
    Thanks guys! :wink:
    .png

.png
  • inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Registered Users Posts: 2,954 Curl Connoisseur
    I think the rule I followed was anything you can take while pregnant...you could take breastfeeding.

Sorry your feeling crummy!!!
  • geminigemini Registered Users Posts: 3,325
    I usually took Tylenol cold medicine. It comes in liquid or pill form.
  • itsjustmeghanitsjustmeghan Registered Users Posts: 652
    just be sure to drink a TON of fluids if you have to take the decongestants. (tylenol cold/sudephed) they might make your supply dip a little because they're drying.
    i know that miserable cold feeling. rest up and get better soon!
    3A Once again on the quest for BSL healthy curly hair....

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file