spinoff: Do you think your daddy is handsome?

love yourself firstlove yourself first Posts: 5,398Registered Users
Well, we've done this poll for our mothers and ourselves..... time to give our daddies their due (or not) :!: :wink: :P

I voted that he's handsome...
"Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
"I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."
- Eleanor Roosevelt (both quotes)

(taking a break from posting starting late august 2009)
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    I'd better hope he was handsome since I look like him. :D So yes, I put that he's handsome.

I also got my curls from him, as well as my gigantic smile and uber-silly sense of humor. :D
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • love yourself firstlove yourself first Posts: 5,398Registered Users
    PartyHair wrote:
    I'd better hope he was handsome since I look like him. :D So yes, I put that he's handsome.

I also got my curls from him, as well as my gigantic smile and uber-silly sense of humor. :D

Hmmmm, sounds niiiice :wink: :oops:
    "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
    "I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."

• AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    He was and is a very dashing, debonair, Latin lover type - the black wavy hair, green eyes, suave smile and so on. And he has no gained a pound or got any type of gut even in his 50's.

And, unlike many with those looks, he doesn't know it at all.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• amerasiancurlsamerasiancurls Posts: 168Registered Users
    definitely handsome :)
    Here's a link to a picture of my mom and dad on their wedding day (March 27, 1949). Mom's sister is her maid of honor and Dad's brother is his best man.

That's also the church that I grew up in and where I got married the first time.

scan0005.html

Who knows if that'll work - they usually don't for me. So here's the link: http://public.fotki.com/Kelcee/old_pictures/scan0005.html
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Amneris wrote:
    He was and is a very dashing, debonair, Latin lover type - the black wavy hair, green eyes, suave smile and so on. And he has no gained a pound or got any type of gut even in his 50's.

And, unlike many with those looks, he doesn't know it at all.

:o 8) :P :oops: :wink:

My dad has a gut now, which is a shame, but still has his great/skinny legs, handsome face and height (he's 6 feet tall). Plus, he's got the heart of a saint and truly loves and is devoted to his family. He'd give his life for us (and basically has given his life to my mother).

• ScarletScarlet Posts: 3,125Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    My father was movie star handsome when he was younger. Age and illness has now taken its toll.
    The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics - Thomas Sowell
    PartyHair wrote:
    Here's a link to a picture of my mom and dad on their wedding day (March 27, 1949). Mom's sister is her maid of honor and Dad's brother is his best man.

That's also the church that I grew up in and where I got married the first time.

scan0005.html

Who knows if that'll work - they usually don't for me. So here's the link: http://public.fotki.com/Kelcee/old_pictures/scan0005.html

PartyHair!

Are those your parents in the middle of picture 7 :?: They are sooo cute together, and yes your daddy was very handsome :P Your mom is great looking too!

• geekygeeky Posts: 4,995Registered Users
    I think my father was always cute rather than handsome, if you know what I mean.
    To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
    I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
    Curltopia wrote:
    PartyHair wrote:

scan0005.html

PartyHair!

Are those your parents in the middle of picture 7 :?: They are sooo cute together, and yes your daddy was very handsome :P Your mom is great looking too!

Yes, that's them. Mom was almost 19; Dad was almost 21. So young!

Feel free to poke around that album - it's my brother's and he scanned a bunch of old pictures for us. My favorite picture in that album is number 9, where Dad's holding on to Mom - that was at church camp while they were still in high school, and Dad was (as ever) teasing Mom. :lol:
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • j'adorej'adore Posts: 1,966Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    My daddy was the mack back in the day. My mom had the good sense to get knocked up by him. :wink:

LOL. Yes, my dad is handsome. He too is a very round these days, but you can still see his cuteness. Really, he's very handsome. Anytime he can make a girl that looks just like him (me) and have her still be real cute. :lol: I got my mom's big eyes and cheekbones. This is what saves me from looking like a dude. Thanks mom! Thanks Dad!
    "Don't play me...I'm over 30, and I don't smoke weed"
    -Prince

catcatadr20050914_-8_Marley+is.png
  • MzShvyMzShvy Posts: 121Registered Users
    He's handsome. My Dad gets hit on by women of all ages ALL THE TIME! :lol:
    MzShvy

"If we get a little crazy, blame it on the alcohol." Pat Green
    PartyHair wrote:
    Curltopia wrote:
    PartyHair wrote:

scan0005.html

PartyHair!

Yes, that's them. Mom was almost 19; Dad was almost 21. So young!

Feel free to poke around that album - it's my brother's and he scanned a bunch of old pictures for us. My favorite picture in that album is number 9, where Dad's holding on to Mom - that was at church camp while they were still in high school, and Dad was (as ever) teasing Mom. :lol:

Picture 9 is very fun! and if that is your mom in picture 8 she is looking very diva-ish with that pose :wink: As for church camp........ guess that is where all the fun is at! at least back then :P 8)

• deedlesdeedles Posts: 2,467Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Scarlet wrote:
    My father was movie star handsome when he was younger. Age and illness has now taken its toll.

same with my daddy!!
    Liam: 6 years old
    Colin: 3 years old
    Curltopia, picture 8 is my mom's older sister. She was, and still is, very diva-ish, despite being married to a cow and grain farmer. :lol

My mom is vaguely diva-ish in picture 47, but she's really more herself in picture 11 - she's a farm girl and still prefers being outside working in the yard than inside working at a desk. :D (In picture 11, Mom is sitting on Dad's egg-truck. That was the first business he ever created. He left all of us kids with a distinct hatred for live chickens and the mess they leave behind... :D )
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    PartyHair-

LOL at the comments about your aunt! I guess the true test of diva-dom is taking it wherever you happen to be, including on the farm! :wink:

Those pictures of your mother are priceless! She is pretty and seems wholesome/sweet too. Thank you so much for sharing these fabulous pictures! :D

• ~915~~915~ Posts: 519Registered Users
    I voted for Handsome because Hot is just not how I think of him.
  • msrebamsreba Posts: 143Registered Users
    my vote was for bad looking. Too bad there wasnt a hideously ugly option
    Curltopia wrote:
    PartyHair-

LOL at the comments about your aunt! I guess the true test of diva-dom is taking it wherever you happen to be, including on the farm! :wink:

Those pictures of your mother are priceless! She is pretty and seems wholesome/sweet too. Thank you so much for sharing these fabulous pictures! :D

She's a wonderful woman, and my dad was the best guy ever. When I go home and run into people who knew my dad they always tell me the nicest things about him, how he liked everyone and was willing to help whomever needed help.

Mom's turning 75 in November so my sister, brother and I are throwing her a big ol' party on Thanksgiving Day. Just wish Dad could be there. :)
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Awwwwww, Party Hair, I know that you love your parents SO MUCH! And look what a good job they did of raising you :D That is, of course, more important than all this appearance stuff...... although a little vanity never hurt anyone :wink:

Curltopia wrote:
    Awwwwww, Party Hair, I know that you love your parents SO MUCH! And look what a good job they did of raising you :D That is, of course, more important than all this appearance stuff...... although a little vanity never hurt anyone :wink:

Aw, heck. You went and made me cry. ;) Thanks. :)
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • KurleeKurlee Posts: 1,354Registered Users
    I have had many women (friends even) telling me my dad looks good. I can't see it myself but he isn't ugly. He looks pretty young for his age.

You're welcome Party Hair....... You know we love you around here :D

• PoodleheadPoodlehead Posts: 6,959Registered Users
    My dad was handsome, but not very tall. Black Irish coloring, and SUCH a flirt, all the girls loved him.
    Minneapolis, MN
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    j'adore wrote:
    My daddy was the mack back in the day. My mom had the good sense to get knocked up by him. :wink:

LOL Thats what I always tell my Mom!

My Dad was quite the stud in his day, it makes me blush to read his yearbooks :lol: He's still really good looking, alot of my Moms friends hit on him and some I think are a little more serious than I think they should be....but then maybe thats just me looking out for my Daddy! He's also a wonderful husband, father and friend, I'll be lucky to marry a guy half as great as him! .
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • bouncebounce Posts: 297Registered Users
    Yes, my dad is handsome. He's just a wonderful person through and through.

And he's fun too.
  • curlyarcacurlyarca Posts: 8,449Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    my dad has always been a very attractive, charismatic man. he's gained weight in recent years though. i look like him kind of, but i don't think his good looks "work" in feminine form. :roll: :oops:

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
  • alguma pessoaalguma pessoa Posts: 619Registered Users
    I voted for Handsome because Hot is just not how I think of him.

Same here.

My dad has dark brown eyes and skin and was born with white hair so he is very distinguished.
    We're all born mad. Some remain so.

br-flag1.gif
  • MarMar Posts: 3,004Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Oh-you better believe it!
    My daddy was the handsomest man in the world:)
    "what's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?"

"If you judge people,you have no time to love them"
    -Mother Theresa
  • RainRain Posts: 217Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I could never think of my dad as "hot" but he's a good-looking guy so I went with the "handsome" option. That's kind of what I have to go with since I am like a female version of him! :wink: He has jet black hair, very thick eyebrows, dark blue eyes, a strong chin and dimples. He has fair skin but not freakishly pale like mine. He looks a little bit like an older Peter Gabriel.

Edited to fix smiley. Duh.
    3a/b, fine, lots of it

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file