Anyone have teenagers?

2poodles2poodles Posts: 2,485Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Why is it that teenagers become delightful people again just in time for us to ship them off to college? Sometimes I think that highschool aged kids should go to school away from home and the college age kids should commute from home...!!!
:laughing8:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2Poodles :flower: Southeast PA
fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Ain't that the truth. I currently have a lovely 21 year old who lives away from home whome I miss very much, and a snotty 15 year old who I only wish lived away from home.
  • lazy loopslazy loops Posts: 8,792Registered Users
    I have a 19 yr old I'll trade for two 9-1/2 yr olds! :lol:
  • CynaminbearCynaminbear Posts: 4,476Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I've only just entered the teen years. My son will soon be 14. My daughter turns 13 next year.
    There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.
  • 2poodles2poodles Posts: 2,485Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Well good luck to you - You'll have the dubious pleasure of deciding for yourself which are more "pleasant" -- teenage boys or girls!

I have 3 kids - 2 daughters, ages 17 and 19 (who is nearly 20) and a son who is 14.

So far I prefer teenage boys - but he's young yet! :wink:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2Poodles :flower: Southeast PA
    fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
    Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
    Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    2poodles wrote:
    Well good luck to you - You'll have the dubious pleasure of deciding for yourself which are more "pleasant" -- teenage boys or girls!

I have 3 kids - 2 daughters, ages 17 and 19 (who is nearly 20) and a son who is 14.

So far I prefer teenage boys - but he's young yet! :wink:

I think both genders have their pluses and minuses. I haven't gone through a teen girl yet (my daughter is only 9), but I imagine it really can't be worse than a moody teen boy. At least I'll "get" a teen girl, as I do have a few memories of that age myself. Raising boys for me has, at times, been like raising aliens. I don't always "get" why they do stuff....WHY did they have to squish bugs and jump on the couch and shoot everything? How can boys punch each other and then be best friends a minute later without even having to discuss it? Crazy stuff...
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    I'll be an old lady by then :laughing9:
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• VTmomVTmom Posts: 2,487Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    2poodles wrote:
    Why is it that teenagers become delightful people again just in time for us to ship them off to college? Sometimes I think that highschool aged kids should go to school away from home and the college age kids should commute from home...!!!
    :laughing8:
    This is so true. I have an "almost" 21 year old who is a late bloomer, and a 22 year old, both boys. The 21 year old is starting to grow out of the moodiness that infects teenagers, but he isn't quite there yet. The 22 year old, who has always been a little wise beyond his years, is a complete joy. He actually enjoys hanging out with us. This summer, he and his girlfriend invited us to go to a concert with them. How cool is that? He spent 3 semesters co-oping (similar to interning) with a company close to home. During that time he lived with us. At first, I was a little concerned because we had gotten used to the "empy nest" life. But I have to say it was really great. He and my husband would go out on the back porch every night after dinner, drink in hand, listening to their music. Or they'd be down in the basement shooting pool - you know, guy stuff. When he left for his last semester last month, it was sad around here. I'm still holding out hope for the younger one. :wink:
    The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
    Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
    Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
    Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)
  • MarMar Posts: 3,004Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Heh-I never could figure that one out.
    Lucky me,my 21 yr old goes to college and lives at home,so I DO have the benefit of his company.
    He's a great guy to be around.
    #2 son is 18,not in college at the moment and has been looking for a job since graduation in June.He is miserable because he has nothing to do and can be pretty grouchy at times.
    Still-I like having him around.
    Then we have the 15 yr old.
    Yikes.
    Hormones!
    "what's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?"

"If you judge people,you have no time to love them"
    -Mother Theresa
  • susancnwsusancnw Posts: 1,374Registered Users Curl Novice
    Ain't it the truth? My oldest son (almost 22) was such a pain in the ass from the time he turned 16 until 20. I got so irritated with him. I almost blame my MIL for part of it. He spent the summer after he turned 16 with her and she asked him when he would start rebelling. Well, she got what she asked for. He was terrible that summer and I was so embarassed at his attitude and behavior. I woudl have smacked the snot out of him if he'd been around. We moved from Houston area to Raleigh NC when he was 14 and were there 2 years, and then left NC to come to CO. He was upset about the first move and finally came out of it, just in time to move again! I hated doing it to them, but circumstances required it. He transferred into a school that I did not like, didn't challenge him, etc. He listened to underground punk music, and just a real pain.

Then my middle son, who is usually a delight, hit his senior year and turned into a grumpy idiot. In many ways he is more mature than his brother (heart defect and when you face your own mortality at 16, you grow up fast). He started college in Aug, lives at home and for the most part is tolerable.

I have a 16 YO daughter who got most of the crap out of her system at 14...but I did wonder a few days if she was going to ever come out of her room again. She tried to do the emo/punk thing and we refused to let her.

We have an 8 YO also....no telling what is in store for us.;)

I agree, with girls I can remember being that way, but boys are a mystery (and when they were little? Lordy! Chris, we come in the house to go to the bathroom, we do not find the knothole in the fence and pee through it...and we don't let you little brother watch you do that!) I really did understand the reasoning...it was the perfect height and pretty irrisistable to a little boy.
    My son wears combat boots (and a parachute). So does my son-in-law.
    The older I get, the less patience I have with cleverness. Thomas Sowell.
    Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform without fail what you resolve. Benjamin Franklin.
    Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. Mark Twain.

s-event.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file