CurlTalk

Do You Think You're Pretty?

ScarletScarlet Posts: 3,125Registered Users
Just curious, do you?
The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics - Thomas Sowell
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• MizKerriMizKerri Posts: 1,701Registered Users
    I do, at least most days. :) Though, I don't think I'm the normal kind of pretty, if that makes any sense.

If a news story breaks and no one on the Internet comments, did it really happen?
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    I do, absolutely, but I worked hard to get myself to see myself that way and I work hard to stay that way, (it's part of my job as a performer) so hopefully it's not in a cocky way. I know I'm not so much a "classic beauty" as someone with a very unique and vibrant look, and that's OK.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• j'adorej'adore Posts: 1,966Registered Users
    Yes. I ain't Halle Berry, but I like the way I look.
    "Don't play me...I'm over 30, and I don't smoke weed"
    -Prince

catcatadr20050914_-8_Marley+is.png
  • curlygirlinvacurlygirlinva Posts: 9Registered Users
    I think I'm pretty, but just like Amneris, it took a while and a lot of work to perceive myself that way. I used to feel like the ugly duckling.

I can say that the experience I am currently going through...being in severe pain day in and day out has forced me to see my "natural" beauty as I haven't been doing my hair, wearing makeup, bothering with nice clothes, etc. I think I have worked so much on my inner self that I don't have to try so hard with the outside.
  • MzShvyMzShvy Posts: 121Registered Users
    I can't stand the way I look. I have always thought my body was really boney and ugly, now I'm gaining weight in my mid section so I look like one of those old men with boney legs and a pot belly, my face from the side is hideous because of my ugly ski slope nose, I have acne prone skin and it seems like it is always broken out....I've just never liked the way I looked.
    MzShvy

"If we get a little crazy, blame it on the alcohol." Pat Green
    MzShvy wrote:
    I can't stand the way I look. I have always thought my body was really boney and ugly, now I'm gaining weight in my mid section so I look like one of those old men with boney legs and a pot belly, my face from the side is hideous because of my ugly ski slope nose, I have acne prone skin and it seems like it is always broken out....I've just never liked the way I looked.

what???? MzShvy, I think you are extremely attractive and unique! You crazy, girl!
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

I think I'm pretty, but just like Amneris, it took a while and a lot of work to perceive myself that way. I used to feel like the ugly duckling.

Me too... I was insecure about my colouring and mixed look which is now a major part of my beauty! I wanted to be a blue-eyed blond until I was 14 if you can believe that. Then I thought I was too light and had to look like Naomi Campbell to be pretty. Then I got curves and thought I was fat.... it's been a ride.

.png

534Pm5.png

• Jenny CJenny C Posts: 1,195Registered Users
    I'm no supermodel, but I think I'm pretty. I do put effort into myself, a natural beauty I am not. Hair, make up and a nose job do wonders.
    If you got nothing to bring to the table - don't even bother sitting down.
  • PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    Small children don't run screaming away from me, if that's what you're asking. :D

I will say, while I don't think I'm barkin' now, I was prettier when I was younger. I miss having tight skin. I also miss having a tight ass and belly, but oh well. Oh, and I miss having smaller boobs.

But I do take care of myself, so I don't look half bad for 40-in-August.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • LAwoman516LAwoman516 Posts: 23Registered Users
    Sometimes.
    "I'm not mad. I just want to know who did this so I can punish them." - Dwight, "The Office"
  • curlygirlinvacurlygirlinva Posts: 9Registered Users
    Amneris wrote:
    MzShvy wrote:

what???? MzShvy, I think you are extremely attractive and unique! You crazy, girl!

I agree with Amneris. ...and you have a terrific smile!
  • amerasiancurlsamerasiancurls Posts: 168Registered Users
    Yes, I do think I am pretty, not knockout supermodel, but pretty, yes. :)
  • love yourself firstlove yourself first Posts: 5,398Registered Users
    I voted yes, but it has taken me my whole life to grow comfortable with being unconventionally attractive. I always saw my parents and sisters as beautiful, but somehow as "the smart one" and the one who did everything differently in my family, I couldn't quite see my own beauty and always thought I was too heavy/curvy (at a size 4/6 :!: :shock: lord, what I would give for that body now :lol: ). Not to mention the life-long saga with my hair which I fought for too long.

I guess the main thing that saved me growing up was always being told how "cute" I look and getting a lot of attention for it.... But I never wanted to be cute, I wanted to be stunning or conventionally beautiful...
    "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
    "I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt (both quotes)

(taking a break from posting starting late august 2009)
  • mayimmayim Posts: 2,301Registered Users
    Same as most of you - I didn't always feel this way but I am very comfortable in my own skin now, and pretty satisfied with the way I look. I'd ask me out on a date.

;)

M
    coarse, thick 3a
    modified cg

weight.png

• MeghuneyMeghuney Posts: 4,263Registered Users
    Honestly..I think I'm HOT SH*T! :) Really, I'm very confident. I don't think I'm PRETTY...I think I'm EXTREMELY CUTE! And I'm very happy with myself...now, I just have to lose these 25 pounds of baby weight and I'll be back on track!
  • MzShvyMzShvy Posts: 121Registered Users
    Amneris wrote:
    MzShvy wrote:

I agree with Amneris. ...and you have a terrific smile!

Thanks. I just always felt very awkward. Tall and boney, very "lanky" feeling. I don't think I'll ever get used to it. :lol:
    MzShvy

"If we get a little crazy, blame it on the alcohol." Pat Green
  • SisaSisa Posts: 759Registered Users
    I voted "um, sure".

I don't hate myself the way I once did, but I'm not delusional - I know I'm not anything more than an average woman, appearance wise. I'm who I'm supposed to be though, and since I can't change how I look I'll continue to allow God to make-over my character - the place where beauty really counts.
  • Who Me?Who Me? Posts: 3,181Registered Users
    Yes, I think I'm pretty. Not waifish blond pretty that is often used as the "standard of beauty" (i.e. I'll never be in an Abercrombie catalog), but I definitely think I'm pretty. People either seem to think I'm really pretty, or just average.

However, I definitely do NOT think I'm "hot". This is where I have issues. I don't see how people can find me sexy, even though I know I'm pretty.
    "I don't know! I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again!" -BART SIMPSON
    Who Me? wrote:
    Yes, I think I'm pretty. Not waifish blond pretty that is often used as the "standard of beauty" (i.e. I'll never be in an Abercrombie catalog), but I definitely think I'm pretty. People either seem to think I'm really pretty, or just average.

However, I definitely do NOT think I'm "hot". This is where I have issues. I don't see

sexy is pretty much an attitude, as Meghuney demonstrated. Some of the sexiest people out there aren't necessarily that pretty. I never thought Kim Cattrall was especially good looking, (she's OK) but she always portrays herself, on Sex and the City or in real life, with supreme confidence and extreme self-love, and people are attracted to that. It has very little to do with size, age, colouring, weight, race etc. even though the media would have us think otherwise.
    But in order to be sexy, you need to know yourself, make peace with yourself, and be comfortable with yourself - so what if you don't have a 6-pack stomach or big boobs? (you as in generic you....)

.png

534Pm5.png

• eccentric_kurlzeccentric_kurlz Posts: 4,144Registered Users
    I voted "um, sure"

Thoughout most of my childhood/adolescence, I didn't feel pretty. I was always the tall(not so much now.....only 5'8"), long-faced girl, who was picked on and felt very insecure about the features that stood out.

I have my moments where I feel "unpretty", but then I have my fiance countering my thoughts by saying I'm beautiful and making me feel so(the features that I felt so ackward about are the same features that drew him to me, so I guess I don't look too bad). I think I'm average......not a super model, but not necessarily unattractive either. I'm normally the goofy girl......one of the guys. Never the "hot chick".
    A wonderful mix of coils, curls, corkscrews, and kinks.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fs211.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fbb133%2Fshyygirl_2007%2F" class="Popup
    PW: curlyhair

I have a blog now. Follow meeeee! :)

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fnaturalurbanista.blogspot.com%2F" class="Popup

"You see, when it comes to language competence, a true patriot must hit that sweet spot between "job-stealing immigrant" and "liberal elitist." ~Eilonwy

Wanna have access to the top names in fashion and luxury at up to 70% off retail? Sure you do. /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Ftinyurl.com%2F3yxneol" class="Popup

DC metro area
  • NejNej Posts: 2,444Registered Users
    Realistically I am an attractive girl, to what level depends on the person as I've heard everything from average, to cute, to beautiful. When I look in the mirror I see beauty because I know myself, although there are also days when I avoid mirrors all together. What's the point in seeing yourself as ugly, what would be the point of that?
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-2027-1364839025-19.gif
  • Who Me?Who Me? Posts: 3,181Registered Users
    Amneris wrote:
    sexy is pretty much an attitude, as Meghuney demonstrated. Some of the sexiest people out there aren't necessarily that pretty. I never thought Kim Cattrall was especially good looking, (she's OK) but she always portrays herself, on Sex and the City or in real life, with supreme confidence and extreme self-love, and people are attracted to that. It has very little to do with size, age, colouring, weight, race etc. even though the media would have us think otherwise.
    But in order to be sexy, you need to know yourself, make peace with yourself, and be comfortable with yourself - so what if you don't have a 6-pack stomach or big boobs? (you as in generic you....)

I agree with this, but I also think there's something just innate in some people. They're just born with it! The same way some people are just really easy to talk to, some people are just sexy. Everything you said above I think can make a person sexier, but you may still never be at the level of someone who was born with it, and is practicing those things.
    "I don't know! I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again!" -BART SIMPSON
  • Sweet CurlySweet Curly Posts: 32Registered Users
    I'm butt ugly. I can't stand to even look at myself in the mirror. I go out of my way to never look at my reflection, in a mirror or a window or any reflective surface. I hate waking up in my skin every day, but hey, I don't have a choice.

edited because not only am I ugly, I'm a bad typist
    I'm butt ugly. I can't stand to even look at myself in the mirror. I go out of my way to never look at my reflection, in a mirror or a window or any reflective surface. I hate waking up in my skin every day, but hey, I don't have a choice.

edited because not only am I ugly, I'm a bad typist

you're also hilarious!

aww, sweet curly, don't worry, you're the most gorgeous woman on the planet! we are blinded by your brilliance! you put every actress and supermodel to shame!

(that's what you were looking for, right? -kidding)

.png

534Pm5.png

• Sweet CurlySweet Curly Posts: 32Registered Users
    Nah, I wasn't looking for any reassurance, nor was I being funny. Some people are just ugly and I'm one of 'em. I accept it, that's cool. Gotta be some ugly people otherwise the pretty people wouldn't know they were pretty. :?
  • ChiChiChiChi Posts: 20Registered Users
    j'adore wrote:
    Yes. I ain't Halle Berry, but I like the way I look.

Same here.
  • goldencurlygoldencurly Posts: 2,385Registered Users
    Ok, I voted that I am proof God has a sense of humor. Why? Because I have many classic (someone else's term here) beauty traits: blue eyes, blond hair, tall, thin; without actually being pretty. My hair is frizzy and wild. I was underweight for many years and looked physically ill. I wore braces for over 3 years. I wear glasses or contacts all the time. As a child and teenager, I was picked on relentlessly for being so skinny, long-legged and brainy. Oh, and my nose with a hump on it is crooked from being broken twice. I am definately a late bloomer!!! About 3 years ago, I finally started gaining weight. I look the best I ever have. After I gave birth to my daughter 8 years ago, I became comfortable with my appearance. With 40+ pounds of weight added, I look pretty good. But still not pretty. I am one of those women who can be sexy without looking pretty. Sexy has to do more with liking who I am, than dressing or walking any certain way. I like me without being in love with myself though and that is something others can pick up on.
    ________
    Roll A Joint
  • spiderman5000spiderman5000 Posts: 673Registered Users
    My body is still in that awkward phase. My face is decent....Nothing too gorgeous, nothing too average.
  • Lucky06Lucky06 Posts: 31Registered Users
    I have days where I can't stand to look at myself either...bad skin, too bony, no boobs...list goes on and on.
    Its weird because I usually get positive comments from people I know and also strangers, but honestly, I just don't feel the same way.
    2b/2c - lots of hair, very thick and wavy/curly
  • zmanzzzzzmanzzzz Banned Posts: 3,826Banned Users
    my horse likes me. :cowboy:cowboy.gif