Conception Stories!!!

inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Registered Users Posts: 2,954 Curl Connoisseur
Just for the fun I thought I'd start this post. Do you know when your child was conceived? Was it during a snow storm, after a big fight???

I just thought it would be fun to hear the stories...

Chas was conceived the first weekend of December 2006. We were trying so I knew I was ovulating but I also call it a Celebration Weekend. Hubby had just finished law school plus a few weeks before he had found out he passed the Bar!!! All that stress being gone made up for a fun weekend!!!

Comments

• deedlesdeedles Registered Users Posts: 2,467 Curl Connoisseur
    Thanksgiving 2005... Rainy, Cold... we kept warm!!!

HE HE HE HE HE

edited for year!! DUH!!
    Liam: 6 years old
    Colin: 3 years old
  • geekygeeky Registered Users Posts: 4,995
    Both times we were charting, and both times we were both thinking "Ugh, I hope it takes this time cause this scheduled mating really takes the fun out of it"
    To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
    I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
  • SweetPicklesSweetPickles Registered Users Posts: 850
    geeky wrote:
    Both times we were charting, and both times we were both thinking "Ugh, I hope it takes this time cause this scheduled mating really takes the fun out of it"
    Both times? :confused3:
    Hair type: Completely confused: mostly 3a, some 3b parts, and even 2 in places; very fine and thin.
    Products: Elucence clarifying & MBC; CK, F/X Curl Booster Fixative Gel (when I can find it)
    :oops: :tongue: :iconbiggrin:

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
  • CurlieGlamourGirlieCurlieGlamourGirlie Registered Users Posts: 1,198
    I'm not positive (I wasn't charting or keeping track of anything) but I think it might have been when we were on our mini vacation in Philly!
    3b (I think!)
    HGs - Suave Nexxus Knockoff, Jessicurl Weekly DT, L'Oreal Out of Bed, HESMU.
    http://public.fotki.com/CurlyGlamourGirlie
    http://curlyglamourgirlie.blogspot.com
  • KaiaKaia Registered Users Posts: 8,815 Curl Connoisseur
    I don't know the exact date off the top of my head, but it was during a lunch break. :oops: To clarify, we do go home for lunch.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • SweetPicklesSweetPickles Registered Users Posts: 850
    geeky wrote:
    :oops: :tongue: :iconbiggrin:
    WOOT for you! :thumbup:
    Hair type: Completely confused: mostly 3a, some 3b parts, and even 2 in places; very fine and thin.
    Products: Elucence clarifying & MBC; CK, F/X Curl Booster Fixative Gel (when I can find it)
  • KaiaKaia Registered Users Posts: 8,815 Curl Connoisseur
    Congrats Geeky! :cheers:
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • medussamedussa Registered Users Posts: 12,993
    Aw, I knew it J!!! Congrats baby!
  • Jenny CJenny C Registered Users Posts: 1,195
    geeky wrote:
    Both times? :confused3:

I wasn't sure if I read that corectly - CONGRATS!
    If you got nothing to bring to the table - don't even bother sitting down.
  • PhDCowPhDCow Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Curl Connoisseur
    Yay, Geeky!

Emma was conceived over Thanksgiving weekend, 2001.

Colin was conceived over the 4th of July weekend, 2003.

Clearly, we had a thing for major holidays!
    God doesn't give special kids to special parents. He takes ordinary, imperfect people, and gifts them with his greatest treasures. And therein, he creates special parents.

• DarkAngelDarkAngel Registered Users Posts: 2,671 Curl Neophyte
    It was the first weekend in March 05. The 5th, I think. We were watching Their Eyes Were Watching God and drinking too much wine. I miscalculated ovulation and told him that we didn't need no fancy protection that night. The next week, I realized my error and knew that I was pregnant. 5 days later, I got a positive.

Congrats, Geeky!
    image.php?type=2&o=5&c=1&date=2009-10-07&babyname=Sebastian

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Theodor Seuss Geisel
  • inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Registered Users Posts: 2,954 Curl Connoisseur
    Oh this thread is funny!!!

Congrats Geeky!!!
    October 12th, October 23, October 14th and October 26th. We were actively trying with all of our pregnancies. Nothing significant was happening when our children were conceived. But I was thinking the same as Geeky.
    "Ugh, I hope it takes this time cause this scheduled mating really takes the fun out of it"

:lol:
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Banned Users Posts: 24,963 Curl Neophyte
    H~ has a thing for October! :laughing9:
    congrats geeky!

:happy2:
    :clown:
    I'm starting to feel left out here...& yes, I remember it very well...hehe

• CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 10,904 Curl Connoisseur
    Congrats Geeky!!!
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • sarah42sarah42 Registered Users Posts: 4,034
    It was March 2006, and romance was in the air in beautiful Bushenyi, Uganda, the village of love.

I'm not sure beyond that--DS was a surprise.

Congratulations, Geeky!! :cherry:
    ehLB.jpg
  • internetchickinternetchick Registered Users Posts: 6,191
    Congrats Geeky! :cheers:
    Thanks. Did not mean to be an attention whore and steal this thread, so make with the conceptions stories, y'all.

totally off topis, IC is that Conan O'Brien in a reindeer collar in your avatar?

• Oregano  (formerly babywavy)Oregano (formerly babywavy) Registered Users Posts: 5,297 Curl Neophyte
    W/ Bailey, We had just bought a new mattress, and we loved it :wink: and hubby did a boo-boo in the na-na at the WRONG time of month.

As for Bella, there really isn't a story. We were like, hey, we should have another baby, and I was like, oh, I'm ovulating, and bam, pregnant. What can I say, he's Irish.
    ~ the artist formerly known as babywavy ~

Please excuse any typos. For the time being, we are blaming it on my computer.
  • CGNYCCGNYC Registered Users Posts: 4,938 Curl Connoisseur
    I was charting but so NOT trying to get pregnant. I got a little bold about my charting skills and we didn't use bc and BAM I got pregnant. I have probably skipped bc like four times in my life. Anyway, I got pregnant on our anniversary.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    October 12th, October 23, October 14th and October 26th.

So, you only do it in October? I guess you're getting all randy looking forward to next month?
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    With my daughter, we had just gotten married and decided that since we were older, we should try to conceive right away. This decision, apparently, got my husband all worked up. He asked me if I "wanted to see something really cool?" I had seen it before, but I humored him...and had a baby exactly 9 months and 2 weeks after we got married.

I still tease him about seeing something really cool...it's our little code word.
  • deezee02deezee02 Registered Users Posts: 1,509
    New years eve 2005, after a wee bit too much to drink...we were not trying
    58eCm4.png
    SCxkm4.png

Come swag with me!
  • internetchickinternetchick Registered Users Posts: 6,191
    geeky wrote:
    Thanks. Did not mean to be an attention whore and steal this thread, so make with the conceptions stories, y'all.

totally off topis, IC is that Conan O'Brien in a reindeer collar in your avatar?

Yes :lol: From one of his Year 2000 skits
  • velvet pawsvelvet paws Registered Users Posts: 1,250
    Oh, congrats Geeky. Yay! :)

Um, we conceived in March. I wasn't charting, but I knew when I was ovulating. I think I said something romantic like "hey, we should do it now." Not that he needs to be told twice .... ;)
    3A / 2B / 2C wavicelli

.png

.png
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Banned Users Posts: 24,963 Curl Neophyte

So, you only do it in October? I guess you're getting all randy looking forward to next month?
    :laughing9: :cherry:
  • imagenimagen Registered Users Posts: 343
    My son was a late Valentine's day celebration. My daughter was a vacation baby. There are a couple similarities of details both times that obviously lead to baby making for us, so I'm really careful to avoid them now! :laughing9:
    .png

.png

You are wicked, RCW. :lol: I only get pregnant in October.
  • CynaminbearCynaminbear Registered Users Posts: 4,476 Curl Connoisseur
    With the first, I remember, but I'm too embarrassed to tell it. I went for a gyno appt. right after and I'm surprised she didn't figure it out.
    With the second, it was the night after a really big bad fight. Well, we don't fight, but it was an earth shattering, marriage killing day. Then we made up!
    With the 3rd, no memory.
    With the 4th, again no memory, but it was right after getting the all clear from the midwife after m/c the 3rd. Not long after I just remember feeling all wrong and knew I had to be pregnant.
    There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file