The new filter

geekygeeky Registered Users Posts: 4,995
IMO you may want to revisit the list of forbidden words.

t w i n k?
f a i r y? (As in the tooth...)

I understand the reasoning behind expanding the list. But many words that have slang connotations are also legitimate words that people need to use in everyday discourse.

I don't think it does the board any good to limit expression to this degree. We may have members who are minors but this is not specifically a board for children. And even Disney films are full of f a i r i e s.

Just my $.02
To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    We are addressing this issue. definitely let us know if we misssed any words that probably should not be filtered. Thanks!
  • Sugar Plum FairySugar Plum Fairy Registered Users Posts: 178
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Once Geeky, always Geeky:
    IMO you may want to revisit the list of forbidden words.

t w i n k?
    f a i r y? (As in the tooth...)

I understand the reasoning behind expanding the list. But many words that have slang connotations are also legitimate words that people need to use in everyday discourse.

I don't think it does the board any good to limit expression to this degree. We may have members who are minors but this is not specifically a board for children. And even Disney films are full of f a i r i e s.

Just my $.02
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hehe, thanx geeky, i didn't want to say anything because i'd rather have a strict filter than offensive pics! icon_rolleyes.gificon_biggrin.gif
  • alphabetaalphabeta Registered Users Posts: 7
    I'm having the first seven letters of
    b a t t e r e d filterd out, too. (The "d" seems to be ok.)

I have no idea what a "b a t t e r e" is. But I don't think it's a dirty word.
  • webjockeywebjockey Registered Users Posts: 2,786
    LOL! the new potty mouth filter is international so I guess some words snuck in that shouldnt be there.

Keep em coming!
    hello.world.
  • naturaltnaturalt Registered Users Posts: 175 Curl Neophyte
    **** - l i c k
    cloud9.gif
  • bloviatrixbloviatrix Registered Users Posts: 6
    O-ral as in o-ral surgery is filtered out.

icon_confused.gif
    Hairtype: shoulder-length Botticelli curls

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file