Lena Flat Iron Review

one way streetone way street Posts: 772Registered Users
I really like this flat iron so far! I got it at Ulta for $30.00. It heats up quickly, and the highest temperature is 400 degrees F. It's ceramic and has tourmaline too. It took me 45 minutes to straighten my hair, and this iron got it stick straight! (Usually, it takes about an hour) However, the Lena only comes in 1 inch plates, and I had to pass through my hair a few times, but for $30.00, this is worth it!
mod. CG 2C-3A/M/iii
Fotki album and journal updated: 10/01/07
password: springlet

Currently: Trying to stop straightening so much. Using Elucence conditioner and whatever works for me.

Comments

• hockeymomof3hockeymomof3 Posts: 2,159Registered Users
    Sounds like a great iron for the price! I wish we had Ultas near me... :( I might invest in a flat iron sometime, just for occassional use. Your hair looks great!
    3b/a
    Cowash - No Poo
    Conditioner - One Condition
    Gel - Light Defining Gel

Looking to try Devacurl Decadence line next! Can't wait to try it.
  • one way streetone way street Posts: 772Registered Users
    Thanks, hockeymom! It's nice to have a change every once in a while.
    mod. CG 2C-3A/M/iii
    Fotki album and journal updated: 10/01/07
    password: springlet

Currently: Trying to stop straightening so much. Using Elucence conditioner and whatever works for me.
    I just found out there is a NEW Ulta near me! I was doing the store locator and it said "coming soon" in my area, but they listed a phone number and low and behold, it's been there a MONTH...where have I been (plus they carry Devacurl!)...I am so excited to go shopping. They were out of stock on the Lena, but I picked up a cheapie (andis) from Walmart to straighten very occassionally!
    3b/a
    Cowash - No Poo
    Gel - Light Defining Gel

• roksandicroksandic Posts: 1Registered Users
    Sweet i just got mine today they have them online at Ulta, and free shipping with $25 purchase you can probably use the 20% off coupon too!! I bought the styling iron which is basically the same thing(flat iron.) I don't believe Ulta is really good at updating there site and there are some glitches.

So i wondered this being the first time I have ever used a flat iron what should i use to help with teh flyaways and just making it softer.

I am getting it cut and styled Sat for the first time in like 7 years "aiyai yai!". I bought the Marc Anthony heat protectant but i need some kind of styler that actually dries and works well. I used my husbands pomade which i really dont like for my hair b/c it doesn't dry. Anyhow recs would be fantastic!!
    Stojanovic
    roksandic wrote:
    Sweet i just got mine today they have them online at Ulta, and free shipping with $25 purchase you can probably use the 20% off coupon too!! I bought the styling iron which is basically the same thing(flat iron.) I don't believe Ulta is really good at updating there site and there are some glitches.

So i wondered this being the first time I have ever used a flat iron what should i use to help with teh flyaways and just making it softer.

I am getting it cut and styled Sat for the first time in like 7 years "aiyai yai!". I bought the Marc Anthony heat protectant but i need some kind of styler that actually dries and works well. I used my husbands pomade which i really dont like for my hair b/c it doesn't dry. Anyhow recs would be fantastic!!

I've heard really good things about the Tresemme heat tamer spray. Good luck with your goodies!!
    3b/a
    Cowash - No Poo
    Gel - Light Defining Gel

• melledelvanimelledelvani Posts: 49Registered Users
    Yesterday I got my hair flat-ironed for the first time since I've gone au naturale. It came out pretty good. A friend came over and did it. It took over two hours because it was a small flat iron. My hair was longer than I thought it was. Of course, curls can be deceiving (I'm a 3b). When it was straightened it was about shoulder length. So today I went and got me a flat iron. I'm only going to use for special occasions. Last night when a friend saw my straight hair she thought I got extensions. Ha! I said 'it's a wonderful tool called a flat iron'.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file