CurlTalk

Calling the ingredient experts!

Hello!!

Recently I bought 2 very good hairproducts but I m a bit worried if the ingredients won´t dry out my hair. I m not an expert :alien: so I would be very(!!!!!!!!!) thankfull if someone who has knowledge could advise me? :)

The conditioner:
aqua, cetearyl alcohol, cetrimonium chloride, isopropyl myristate, aloe extract, camellia extract, isopropyl alcohol, propylene glycol, 2-bromo-2-nitropropane-1,3-diol, citrid acid, butlphenyl.

Gel:
aqua, VP/VA copolymer, sorbitol, tea carbomer, peg-40 hydrogenated castor oil, panthenol, peg-75 lanolin, methylparaben, propylene glycol, dmdm hydantoin, benzophenone 4, linalool, hexyl cinnamel, limonene, citronellol, disodium edta, buthylphenyl methpropional.
Long dark brown 3B curls! Still looking for the HG gel. I like CK and JCCC. Gonna try KCCC and KT :mrgreen:

Comments

• asleep to audioasleep to audio Posts: 2,085Registered Users
    I definitely don't see anything drying in the gel, and I don't think I do in the condish either. The only thing that I'm skeptical about is the isopropyl myristate, since isopropyl alcohol is drying...so I'm wondering if that is too. :?

CoN green, HE hello hydration, burt's bees super shiny condish, & KCCC.

mostly 3b, mod CG

Smiles are free, so give them away.

Celebrate we will, 'cause life is short but sweet, for certain.
  • linda_mlinda_m Posts: 211Registered Users
    I definitely don't see anything drying in the gel, and I don't think I do in the condish either. The only thing that I'm skeptical about is the isopropyl myristate, since isopropyl alcohol is drying...so I'm wondering if that is too. :?

Isopropyl myristate is a thickening agent and emollient. Same with cetearyl alcohol. They're not one of the drying alcohols you need to worry about (thank goodness)! :-) The isopropyl alcohol, which is drying, is pretty low on the ingredients list, which makes it less worrisome.

edited to add: I'm not an ingredients expert! This is just one of those random things I happen to have stuck in my brain. I looked it up to verify I was remembering correctly before I posted.
    Couple of inches past shoulder length 3A. Shampoo every 3rd or 4th day w/ baby shampoo; Tigi Fashionista conditioner; back to Condition 3-in-1 mousse . Alternate days water rinse, conditioner and mousse.
  • asleep to audioasleep to audio Posts: 2,085Registered Users
    linda_m wrote:

Isopropyl myristate is a thickening agent and emollient. Same with cetearyl alcohol. They're not one of the drying alcohols you need to worry about (thank goodness)! :-) The isopropyl alcohol, which is drying, is pretty low on the ingredients list, which makes it less worrisome.

edited to add: I'm not an ingredients expert! This is just one of those random things I happen to have stuck in my brain. I looked it up to verify I was remembering correctly before I posted.

OMG, I totally missed the isopropyl alcohol on the list! Now I sound really stupid, acting as if isopropyl alcohol wasn't on the list. Duh! :confused5:

CoN green, HE hello hydration, burt's bees super shiny condish, & KCCC.

mostly 3b, mod CG

Smiles are free, so give them away.

Celebrate we will, 'cause life is short but sweet, for certain.
  • KasiaKasia Posts: 24Registered Users
    Oh don't worry :wink:

Thanks a lot girls for the replies :cheers: , I m very glad you gave me advice. Now I know the ingredients are pretty good (except the isopropyl alcohol, but as Linda said, the amount of it is not too bad :) )
    Long dark brown 3B curls! Still looking for the HG gel. I like CK and JCCC. Gonna try KCCC and KT :mrgreen: