I know sun exposure is bad for you so......

HairproductjunkieHairproductjunkie Posts: 363Registered Users
why does my face look so good now that I've gotten some sun?

For some reason, for the past year or so, my skin has been acting crazy. I had no problem with acne when I was a teenager, but I'm breaking out like crazy now. I've gotten a little sun lately on my face, and it looks so much better! I even notice the marks from past acne less. Is there any way to get these same benefits without damaging my skin?
GuardianB wrote:
Southern gals rock :!:

Comments

• TropicalCurlsTropicalCurls Posts: 12Registered Users
    I think that having a *little* sun is ok. My dermatologist actually recommended that I don't use sunscreen on my face (or use a low SPF) every now and then -- not every day -- to help with my acne, so I guess it can't be that bad! Still, I use a face moisturizer with SPF 15 daily, and even then being in the sun helps. Just my $.02! HTH
    Hair type: 3
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,737Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    sun exposure dries out skin - ergo, dries up acne too!

:(

10 minutes of sun exposure WITHOUT sunscreen - 3 times a week - helps your body produce its own Vitamin D.

i do it early in the morning, when the sun's rays aren't as intense
    , sitting on my balcony drinking my morning tea.

bronzers and fake tanners can help hide facial flaws, though over-use can emphasize scarring and dark spots, so they should be used sparingly.
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • ShrekLoverShrekLover Posts: 2,551Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Sun damage won't show up until you are at the very least in your late 30's and I was around 45 before it showed up.

I don't think you should ever expose your face to the sun without sunscreen. You are going to get some sun exposure anyway. I don't believe it blocks out 100% of the sun and I doubt it lasts full strength all day.
  • silkystormsilkystorm Posts: 7Registered Users
    Whatever products you use and your lifestyle will determine how well your skin ages. Sun can damage it, but if you're extreme, too many products will damage it also. What type of skin do you have? If it's oily, the sun is working to dry it out. There are products that can do the same thing. Talk to a dermatologist to see if they can suggest something.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file