Guys

AmandacurlsAmandacurls Posts: 6,252Registered Users Curl Neophyte
How many curl-hating or derogatory remarks about your hair have you heard from guys?

I've heard the not too bad of "I like your hair better curly" to "You're so hot when your hair is straight". I've also had guys call me "birds nest", or when attempting to describe my hair ask how I get my hair "frizzy" or "crimpy" or "permy".

I've heard my fair share of insults from girls as well (poofy hair girl) etc, but I sort of expect girls to be sort of catty. Who do you hear more negative things said about your hair from girls or guys? And what are your comebacks?

(Sorry, this is like 50 questions in one, but bear with me!!! )

Comments

• CurlyzooCurlyzoo Posts: 148Registered Users
    I have been fortunate enough to not hear any derogatory remarks from men... I think a lot of guys think curly hair is sexy.

It's just the girls who have been mean to me. UGH! :cat:

By the way, I like the quote at the bottom of your signature! LOL!
    3a bsl highlted hair ; mod CG since 6/4/07
    current favs: JC's HCC and GLS, B2B Pom Co (old form.), Alagio Crzy Crl Balm
  • keikokkeikok Banned Posts: 585Banned Users
    My husband loves my curly hair. He always says how hard it is to find an Asian with naturally curly hair and how his mother always perms her hair to look like mine. Little does he know I spent years wishing I had straight hair like him.
  • JodenyseJodenyse Posts: 138Registered Users
    I did not know it was possible for an Asian to have curly hair. I know its none of my buisiness (is that how you spell it?) but are you mixed? Sorry, Im just curious/nosey
    www.Freerice.com
    Play a game while feeding the hungry 20 grains at a time:nike:
    ``````````````````````````
    Can someone please tell me how to change my Username?!??
  • keikokkeikok Banned Posts: 585Banned Users
    Jodenyse wrote:
    I did not know it was possible for an Asian to have curly hair. I know its none of my buisiness (is that how you spell it?) but are you mixed? Sorry, Im just curious/nosey

:laughing9: There are only 2 asians on this board that I know of. One is mixed and the other is me. I am half Chinese and half Polynesian (or possibly Thai my mothers side is confusing but shes definitely asian). My father, who is Chinese has straight hair and I have come to the conclusion that all Chinese people have straight hair. My mother has curly hair, like mine. When my hair is very long its not as curly, I guess it would be called wavy, and not wavy like what some of the people on here call wavy, I mean i t looks like the waves of the ocean. When I cut my hair very short I am capable of getting a curly curly :afro: and I've been wearing my hair like that often.
    Sorry about the rant but to answer your question I am 100% Asian if you consider Oceana part of Asia (it basically is) and I have naturally curly hair.
  • JodenyseJodenyse Posts: 138Registered Users
    I guess you learn somthing new everyday. Thanks for answering (I cant spell for nothing, is that right?) my question. I promise I'll start minding my own buisiness now(yeah right :wink: :laughing9: )
    www.Freerice.com
    Play a game while feeding the hungry 20 grains at a time:nike:
    ``````````````````````````
    Can someone please tell me how to change my Username?!??
  • hunnybeemayhunnybeemay Posts: 75Registered Users
    fortunately my husband loves my hair curly and hates it being straightened. what a blessing. i have had more men comment on my curly hair and compliment me than women.
  • BlondeSpiralsBlondeSpirals Posts: 19Registered Users
    Thankfully, I've just had guys tell me my hair is hot!
  • firelilyfirelily Posts: 1,298Registered Users
    I haven't heard anything negative since high school, and then it was definitely more girls than guys.
    Lots and lots of fine 3b-ish hair.
    DevaCurl currently, but exploring new products.
    Love the hair!
  • BlondeSpiralsBlondeSpirals Posts: 19Registered Users
    I honestly think the girls who say those things have insecurities of their own and they just want to say stuff to make themselves seem better.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file