New - already flaky scalp!!

loriglorig Registered Users Posts: 7
Hello-
I just started the no poo thing this week. I washed with Suave Daily Clarifying, did the Aussie (white) deep treatment, and then a few days later I washed with No Poo and then One Condition by Devacurl. I then used their gel.

My scalp and hair feel yucky! and my scalp is flaky. Is this normal? Is this a transition period or something? Thanks.

Comments

• eweniqueewenique Registered Users Posts: 1,502 Curl Neophyte
    It does take 3 - 6 weeks for your scalp to adjust to the CG routine. Be sure that you are really scrubbing your scalp with your fingertips and then rinsing thoroughly. Try to water wash more, too. The products you are using are CG, but some people do seem to react with the itchies. You will have to experiment to see what conditioner works best for you.
    2C wavy with some spirals. CG since April 07. Medium texture and porosity.
    COs: Yes to Cucumbers
    Stylers: Miss Jessies Coily Custard, KCCC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Live Simply. Use Soap
    www.TheLatheredLamb.com
    www.EweniqueEssentials.artfire.com
  • loriglorig Registered Users Posts: 7
    Thanks for the tips! I will try that.
  • dragoncurlsdragoncurls Registered Users Posts: 19
    I have always had a problem with dry scalp. if this is happening to you, you might try something I recently found by accident. I have whole leaf aloe gel from whole foods. The kind that you can eat... I applied this as a gel, but I also rubbed my scalp with it. It worked quite well. And the feeling on my scalp was NICE. I have really curly kinky hair. Don't know about yours, so if you use this, you might want to start sparingly.
  • curlquestcurlquest Registered Users Posts: 90
    i am new to this site and have also been having problems with my scalp. I started cg about 2 months ago, but apparently have been doing it all wrong because i wasn't getting results. I am going to start over by clarifying my hair with shampoo and then not using any more silicones in my condish or styling products, do you think this will help my scalp because it's been very flaky no matter how hard i scrub. or does anyone know of a dandruff shampoo without sls? any other tips for starting over? tia.
  • Gemini13Gemini13 Registered Users Posts: 5,000
    Curlquest- if you were using products with non-water-soluble 'cones, you might just have build up right now. See how your scalp feels after you clairfy.

But if that doesn't work, you can try mixing a few drops of tea tree oil in with the conditioner you use as your co-wash.
    Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
    HG products:
    Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
    Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
  • curlquestcurlquest Registered Users Posts: 90
    thanks, i'll try this and keep you updated

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file