SUN HATS - SoLastSunday, Dia, etc.

SisaSisa Posts: 759Registered Users
Remember the sun hat thread you started, L?

Your discussion inspired me to purchase this pattern (click here!) from eBay last week.

I like "a" and "b". "C" and "d" - not so much! :? :lol:

What do you guys think? Shall I sew away at it?
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    I'm confused by the different pictures of B-is it the same pattern, but you can make the brim bend either way? I like it best. "A" looks like the crown part is too high for me, which is why I prefer B. But I like both.
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

    But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • SisaSisa Posts: 759Registered Users
    NetG wrote:
    I'm confused by the different pictures of B-is it the same pattern, but you can make the brim bend either way? I like it best. "A" looks like the crown part is too high for me, which is why I prefer B. But I like both.

    Yes, the brim on hat "b" can be bent a couple of ways. I think that's kind of cool.

    I agree that the crown on hat "a" is too high / round, or something. I'd be sewing "b", if any.
  • dia99dia99 Posts: 1,998Registered Users
    I say definitely yes! 'B' is very cute, and versatile. I think you should send me the prototype :wink: XL to fit my big head, of course :lol:
    People rise to the standard expected of them. GC
  • SisaSisa Posts: 759Registered Users
    dia99 wrote:
    I say definitely yes! 'B' is very cute, and versatile. I think you should send me the prototype :wink: XL to fit my big head, of course :lol:

    I would certainly make one for you! Bonus being that if I were to make it too slowly, you have summer year-round. 8)

    What colour?

    The largest size on the pattern is for a head sized 23 1/2". How big IS your head, anyway? :lol:
  • dia99dia99 Posts: 1,998Registered Users
    Sisa wrote:
    dia99 wrote:
    I say definitely yes! 'B' is very cute, and versatile. I think you should send me the prototype :wink: XL to fit my big head, of course :lol:

    I would certainly make one for you! Bonus being that if I were to make it too slowly, you have summer year-round. 8)

    What colour?

    The largest size on the pattern is for a head sized 23 1/2". How big IS your head, anyway? :lol:

    Can you improvise :oops:

    If you're really going to make me a hat :D :D , I think black would be the best color - it won't draw so much attention to the size of it :cry:

    Oh yeah, I just tried to measure at what I think is the biggest part of my big head, and it was 23 in. I would go with the largest, because I have my hair up today.
    People rise to the standard expected of them. GC
  • SisaSisa Posts: 759Registered Users
    dia99 wrote:
    Sisa wrote:
    dia99 wrote:
    I say definitely yes! 'B' is very cute, and versatile. I think you should send me the prototype :wink: XL to fit my big head, of course :lol:

    I would certainly make one for you! Bonus being that if I were to make it too slowly, you have summer year-round. 8)

    What colour?

    The largest size on the pattern is for a head sized 23 1/2". How big IS your head, anyway? :lol:

    Can you improvise :oops:

    If you're really going to make me a hat :D :D , I think black would be the best color - it won't draw so much attention to the size of it :cry:

    Oh yeah, I just tried to measure at what I think is the biggest part of my big head, and it was 23 in. I would go with the largest, because I have my hair up today.

    I need to test the pattern anyway, so why not? But it's not a trade for the box of books you sent to me. No, no, no... It's a "love gift" that has absolutely nothing to do with the books whatsoever. Absolutely nothing. (Happy now? :twisted: )

    :lol:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file