We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

SUN HATS - SoLastSunday, Dia, etc.

SisaSisa Posts: 759Registered Users
Remember the sun hat thread you started, L?

Your discussion inspired me to purchase this pattern (click here!) from eBay last week.

I like "a" and "b". "C" and "d" - not so much! :? :lol:

What do you guys think? Shall I sew away at it?
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    I'm confused by the different pictures of B-is it the same pattern, but you can make the brim bend either way? I like it best. "A" looks like the crown part is too high for me, which is why I prefer B. But I like both.
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • SisaSisa Posts: 759Registered Users
    NetG wrote:
    I'm confused by the different pictures of B-is it the same pattern, but you can make the brim bend either way? I like it best. "A" looks like the crown part is too high for me, which is why I prefer B. But I like both.

Yes, the brim on hat "b" can be bent a couple of ways. I think that's kind of cool.

I agree that the crown on hat "a" is too high / round, or something. I'd be sewing "b", if any.
  • dia99dia99 Posts: 1,998Registered Users
    I say definitely yes! 'B' is very cute, and versatile. I think you should send me the prototype :wink: XL to fit my big head, of course :lol:
    People rise to the standard expected of them. GC
    dia99 wrote:
    I say definitely yes! 'B' is very cute, and versatile. I think you should send me the prototype :wink: XL to fit my big head, of course :lol:

I would certainly make one for you! Bonus being that if I were to make it too slowly, you have summer year-round. 8)

What colour?

The largest size on the pattern is for a head sized 23 1/2". How big IS your head, anyway? :lol:
  • dia99dia99 Posts: 1,998Registered Users
    Sisa wrote:
    dia99 wrote:

I would certainly make one for you! Bonus being that if I were to make it too slowly, you have summer year-round. 8)

What colour?

The largest size on the pattern is for a head sized 23 1/2". How big IS your head, anyway? :lol:

Can you improvise :oops:

If you're really going to make me a hat :D :D , I think black would be the best color - it won't draw so much attention to the size of it :cry:

Oh yeah, I just tried to measure at what I think is the biggest part of my big head, and it was 23 in. I would go with the largest, because I have my hair up today.
    People rise to the standard expected of them. GC
    dia99 wrote:
    Sisa wrote:
    dia99 wrote:

What colour?

Can you improvise :oops:

If you're really going to make me a hat :D :D , I think black would be the best color - it won't draw so much attention to the size of it :cry:

Oh yeah, I just tried to measure at what I think is the biggest part of my big head, and it was 23 in. I would go with the largest, because I have my hair up today.

I need to test the pattern anyway, so why not? But it's not a trade for the box of books you sent to me. No, no, no... It's a "love gift" that has absolutely nothing to do with the books whatsoever. Absolutely nothing. (Happy now? :twisted: )

:lol:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file