CCR Fans

KurlyKarenLeeKurlyKarenLee Posts: 1,048Registered Users
Does anyone know the words to CCR's "Lookin Out My Back Door."

I was teaching this song to my granddaughters (ages 5 and 6) over the weekend and can't figure out if they're saying "Ben Vereen and elephants are playing with the band" or "tanborines and elephants are playing with the band."

Was Ben Vereen even around then???

Does anybody know what in the world they're saying???? I would hate for them to be mislead like I was. I grew up thinking "there's a bathroom on the right."
KurlyKarenLee

You can say what you want about the South, but you never hear of anyone retiring and moving North.

Comments

• g-stringrannyg-stringranny Posts: 2,701Registered Users
    Ccr - Lookin Out My Back Door Lyrics

Just got home from Illinois lock the front door oh boy!
    Got to sit down take a rest on the porch.
    Imagination sets in pretty soon I'm singin'

CHORUS:
    Doo doo doo Lookin' out my back door.
    There's a giant doing cartwheels a statue wearin' high heels.
    Look at all the happy creatures dancing on the lawn.
    A dinosaur Victrola list'ning to Buck Owens.

CHORUS
    Tambourines and elephants are playing in the band.
    Won't you take a ride on the flyin' spoon?
    Doo, doo doo.
    Wond'rous apparition provided by magician.

CHORUS
    Tambourines and elephants are playing in the band.
    Won't you take a ride on the flyin' spoon?
    Doo, doo doo.
    Bother me tomorrow, today, I'll buy no sorrows.

CHORUS
    Forward troubles Illinois, lock the front door, oh boy!
    Look at all the happy creatures dancing on the lawn.
    Bother me tomorrow, today, I'll buy no sorrows.
    AKA lotsawaves
    AKA new2curls
  • KurlyKarenLeeKurlyKarenLee Posts: 1,048Registered Users
    Thanks g-string!! Are you sure they're saying "dinosaur victorola" ? I thought they were saying "dinosaurs patrolin' list'ning to Buck Owens."

Did you get these on the internet?

I think I'll add "bother me tomorrow, today I'll buy no sorrows" to my sig line. I love that!!!
    KurlyKarenLee

You can say what you want about the South, but you never hear of anyone retiring and moving North.
  • VTmomVTmom Posts: 2,487Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I think I'll add "bother me tomorrow, today I'll buy no sorrows" to my sig line. I love that!!!
    ohhh, i love that too!
    The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
    Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
    Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
    Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)
  • roseannadanaroseannadana Posts: 5,633Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Does anyone know the words to CCR's "Lookin Out My Back Door."

I was teaching this song to my granddaughters (ages 5 and 6) over the weekend and can't figure out if they're saying "Ben Vereen and elephants are playing with the band" or "tanborines and elephants are playing with the band."

Was Ben Vereen even around then???

Does anybody know what in the world they're saying???? I would hate for them to be mislead like I was. I grew up thinking "there's a bathroom on the right."

No need for your granddaughters to know this, but that song is about drugs.

I was born to be a pessimist. My blood type is B Negative.
    Yea, I kinda figured that .....but it's got a catchy tune and interesting lyrics to little kids.

My husband and I took them on a two hour road trip last month and they were begging us to stop and buy them brat dolls on the way. (There was NO way!!!) We had CCR's greatest hits in the car and just popped it in and begun singing at the top of our voices to drown out their begging. They eventually learned some of the words and now ask to sing "I wanna know have you ever seeeen the rain."
    KurlyKarenLee

• roseannadanaroseannadana Posts: 5,633Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    We had CCR's greatest hits in the car and just popped it in and begun singing at the top of our voices to drown out their begging. They eventually learned some of the words and now ask to sing "I wanna know have you ever seeeen the rain."

LOL! Nothing shuts them up quicker than Mom and Dad singing and acting silly! :)

You should teach them Keep on Chooglin'!

I was born to be a pessimist. My blood type is B Negative.
  • susancnwsusancnw Posts: 1,374Registered Users Curl Novice
    Yep, dinosaur victrola

I know someone was on a major trip when they wrote this, but I adore the imagery in it.

My youngest likes "Summer Bees" (Summer Breeze)
    My son wears combat boots (and a parachute). So does my son-in-law.
    The older I get, the less patience I have with cleverness. Thomas Sowell.
    Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform without fail what you resolve. Benjamin Franklin.
    Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. Mark Twain.

s-event.png

susancnw wrote:
    Yep, dinosaur victrola

I know someone was on a major trip when they wrote this, but I adore the imagery in it.

My youngest likes "Summer Bees" (Summer Breeze)

ROTFL!!!

My step-daughter used to sing, "Everytime you go away, you take a piece of meat with you." :laughing9:
    KurlyKarenLee

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file