Suave Professionals anyone?

Anyone use the suave professionals line?

I recently purchased this because i wanted a conditioner that didnt have any proteins
Suave Professionals Conditioner, Humectant
200.jpg
Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Centrimonium Chloride, Dimethicone, Fragrance (Parfum), Quaternium 18, Potassium Chloride, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, TEA Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, DMDM Hydantoin, Glycerin, Panthenol, Hair Keratin Amino Acids, Sodium Chloride, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

It smelled good and it felt nice on the hair. But I havent really seen any reviews about it on here and the ingredients seem ok. But then again, im still a beginner at checking for the good/bad folks.
strickly CG.
BCed Jan 27,07
I think my hair type is :pain10: 3c? 3b? eh 4a? hmm idk
My hair survives on;
Suave naturals
Herbal essences set me up gel
Amla powder
Other lovies; :laughing8:
[Vitamins, olive oil, honey, silk peptide powder,vitamin e oil]

event.png
hairpic.png
Taken Feb 21,09
Blogger
Youtuber

Comments

• LavenderCurlsLavenderCurls Registered Users Posts: 1,478 Curl Connoisseur
    I used it a long time ago and liked it (I've just ventured on to other things :lol: ). It's okay if your not totally CG because of the dimethicone in it. If you are CG, you'd have to use something else (no cones).
    CG-modified since 4/05
    2b/3a and 3b on occasion!
    Products: The hair aisle in my own cabinets. :roll:
    Best definition winner: KCCC
    Best volume winner: LOOB
  • stellaBabystellaBaby Registered Users Posts: 237
    I used it a long time ago and liked it (I've just ventured on to other things :lol: ). It's okay if your not totally CG because of the dimethicone in it. If you are CG, you'd have to use something else (no cones).

Aww mannn
    How did I miss that?
    I honestly didn't pay much attention to the ingredients just because I was confident in 'suave'.
    Lol, I try avoiding cones but I make a lot of mistakes. Thanks a lot.

Edit:
    Um I just looked at the suave ingredients on the back of the bottle I purchased and I see dimethiconol, I'm lost now because I found those ingredients on an online website and now I'm seeing something else on the bottle.and its the same exact suave professionals....sigh* what the hell..
    strickly CG.
    BCed Jan 27,07
    My hair survives on;
    Suave naturals
    Amla powder

event.png
    hairpic.png
    Taken Feb 21,09
    Blogger
    Youtuber
    I think they have people that do nothing but sit and reformulate stuff to confuse us :wink: :laughing9: !

Unless you're wanting to be totally CG, I'd go ahead and use it up (I hate to waste anything!).
    CG-modified since 4/05
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    Yeah, I've been seeing dimethiconol in several products. That's not CG friendly is it?
    unpoof wrote:
    Yeah, I've been seeing dimethiconol in several products. That's not CG friendly is it?

Nope it's not. You could always use the products to shave your legs :wink::lol: .
    CG-modified since 4/05
  • AmandacurlsAmandacurls Registered Users Posts: 6,252 Curl Neophyte
    I've used that Suave humectants, and I really liked it. Cones or no cones, I really don't pay that much attention to that though.
    I think they have people that do nothing but sit and reformulate stuff to confuse us :wink: :laughing9: !

Unless you're wanting to be totally CG, I'd go ahead and use it up (I hate to waste anything!).

I was thinking the same thing. LOL
    hahahah @ using the conditioner to shave legs, you're funny.
    Might as well. I already washed my hair with shampoo and went back to using my faithful v05.
    sigh*
    i wanted to avoid proteins a little because i dont think they're working too well for me.
    strickly CG.
    BCed Jan 27,07
    My hair survives on;
    Suave naturals
    Amla powder

event.png
    hairpic.png
    Taken Feb 21,09
    Blogger
    Youtuber
  • heavengirl410heavengirl410 Registered Users Posts: 821
    Before I went CG, I used the poo and condish, they both dried out my scalp really bad, and it itched too. I thought it was just me, but DH said his head felt the same way. I got rid of them both, I don't like either product, nor do I recommend them. :pukeright:
    stellaBaby wrote:
    Might as well. I already washed my hair with shampoo and went back to using my faithful v05.
    sigh*

:wink:

Hey my favorite VO5 is Strawberries and Cream (got 3 huge bottles of it that I'll be starting soon. I swear I could stick a straw in that stuff and slurp away!
    CG-modified since 4/05
    Before I went CG, I used the poo and condish, they both dried out my scalp really bad, and it itched too. I thought it was just me, but DH said his head felt the same way. I got rid of them both, I don't like either product, nor do I recommend them. :pukeright:

Wow seriously?

Because it say it's 'moisturising' and all that good stuff, this is interesting, the fact that the ingredients is something else online and another thing in the bottle bothers me. And I really don't wanna waste sigh...dammit

P.s.I got the conditioner, I didn't think it was bad because I didn't see any serious cones....but then I made a post just make sure because it was too good to be true. I basically looked it up on the net and just copied and pasted the ingredients....

This is so annoying sometimes, guess I'm gonna have to stick to v05 and keep spiking it with rosemary and so on.
    strickly CG.
    BCed Jan 27,07
    My hair survives on;
    Suave naturals
    Amla powder

event.png
    hairpic.png
    Taken Feb 21,09
    Blogger
    Youtuber
    stellaBaby wrote:
    sigh*

:wink:

Hey my favorite VO5 is Strawberries and Cream (got 3 huge bottles of it that I'll be starting soon. I swear I could stick a straw in that stuff and slurp away!

Lol ur so cute.
    I always smelled so yummy everytime I used that conditioner. I love it
    strickly CG.
    BCed Jan 27,07
    My hair survives on;
    Suave naturals
    Amla powder

event.png
    hairpic.png
    Taken Feb 21,09
    Blogger
    Youtuber
  • ~GypsyCurls~~GypsyCurls~ Registered Users Posts: 351
    I use that conditioner now, and I love it! I believe it's actually the most moisturizing I've tried-the only one I like better is Suave Healthy Curls, because it really helps define curls.

I'm not totally CG, but I do try to avoid most 'cones. I used to use serum all the time and my hair looked/felt like crap. Now that I don't, it's a lot softer and looks a lot better. I do use a few products that have 'cones, but not as main ingredients. I haven't seen them do anything bad to my hair yet.

Heh, you can actually use conditioner to shave your legs! I've heard people do that if they ran out of shaving cream. :wink:
    2c/3a/3b curls, tailbone length, fairy tale ends
    Cleansers: V05 Co
    Conditioners: KMS Everyday, Dove Dry Oil Care

DT/Treats:Aphogee Protein Treat/Hemp/Argan Oil
    Leave-ins/Stylers: All HE Condish, Generic PM The Conditioner

• picklesgirlpicklesgirl Registered Users Posts: 1,955
    I've used that Suave humectants, and I really liked it. Cones or no cones, I really don't pay that much attention to that though.

I like it to I just poo my hair from time to time if it makes your hair feel good that's all that matters to me
    Mm59.jpg.png

.png

.png
  • susancnwsusancnw Registered Users Posts: 1,374 Curl Novice
    Heh, you can actually use conditioner to shave your legs! I've heard people do that if they ran out of shaving cream. :wink:

Yep, you can. Hair on your head, hair on your legs! Just on your legs it isn't curly ;) Plus it softens up the hair better than shaving cream does.
    My son wears combat boots (and a parachute). So does my son-in-law.
    The older I get, the less patience I have with cleverness. Thomas Sowell.
    Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform without fail what you resolve. Benjamin Franklin.
    Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. Mark Twain.

s-event.png

• scarlet65scarlet65 Registered Users Posts: 14

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file