Do any of you wavies have a blunt cut (no layers)?

OctoberBaby02OctoberBaby02 Posts: 105Registered Users
I'm a 2/b-2/C and I've had layers for many years now. I'm trying to grow my hair out to bra strap length, but the layers make my hair look really unkempt. There's a 3-4 inch difference between the ends and the shortest layers, and my longest hairs are an inch past my collar bone. I am debating on whether I should just get it cut to all one length and grow from there, or let the layers grow out longer before I cut. Half of my hair is virgin and the ends are colored/bleached. Cutting it will help the growing out process, but I am afraid a blunt cut might not work with my hair type. Do any of you not have layering? Do you find that your hair cooperates/looks better with or without them? Thanks :icon_smile:
|~*~Carly~*~ |24 yrs old|Type 2C hair|

Comments

• UP LisaUP Lisa Posts: 98Registered Users
    I'm a 2a with a blunt cut. It is about to my waist now. It works for me!
    2b. Dark Golden Blond. Very fine texture. Medium thickness. Thrilled to find waves!!!
  • wyldchildcurlswyldchildcurls Posts: 393Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    I have a blunt cut for the same reason you are thinking of cutting yours- layers made my hair messy and uneven looking. The ends were scraggly so I cut it to one length- now it looks thick and sits better.
  • keikokkeikok Banned Posts: 585Banned Users
    Its kind of difficult for the stylist to do a blunt cut on previously layered hair, because they have to cut uneven sections most of the time. Its really easy for them to add layers to blunt cuts understandably.
    Keiko

my fotki-its a work in progress
    http://public.fotki.com/keikok/
    password:curly
  • FuzzyMonsterFuzzyMonster Posts: 259Registered Users
    I have the very same issue and have been considering going one length as well. It seems the longer it gets with layers, the more scraggly-looking it gets. My stylist told me I NEED layers, but I think I might challenge her. I'd love to hear how your decision turns out!
    Mostly 2A; Fine and wavy :batman:
  • winifredwinifred Posts: 295Registered Users
    I'm bumping this thread because I'd love to hear how other 2c's have their hair cut.

I have a blunt cut across the back and graduated layers/angles (whatever it's called) in the front from my nose down. Whenever I've had long layers all over, it's been a disaster and I've always regretted it. My hair just poofs and frizzes more with layers. I avoid the triangle look by keeping the length below my shoulders.

Do other 2c's (or 2c/3a's) have blunt cuts?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file