CurlTalk

What did you do to your hair today?

After 2 days of dry fluff and go's, I rubbed Afro Detangler lotion into my dry hair, detangled and re-curled.
My blog - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fsuburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
My FOTKI - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatsnew.fotki.com%2Fsuburbanbushbabe%2F" class="Popup
comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.

Comments

• echokittenechokitten Posts: 1,751Registered Users
    This morning, yet again, I tried unsuccessfully to acheive 2nd day hair with a spray of co and water. And yet again it didn't work. I had to waterwash when I got to work and plop with Biotera glaze. I've pretty much decided that I must cowash or at least water wash every day for good hair.
    Cincinnati Ohio>>>Coarse protein sensitive 3a, Jessicurl WDT as a leave in, Biotera gel, White Boots, PW= coffeecurls

"Man tries to exaggerate what nature has given him," Charles Darwin (1809-1882).

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -Sophia Loren
  • bostonwavesbostonwaves Posts: 727Registered Users
    No-poo'd, OneC'd then Angell
    Plopped 20 minutes, clipped top and air dried for 1 hour.
    Diffused for 5 min.
    Done!
    "What's the good of having naturally curly hair if nobody's jealous?" Freida - Peanuts

~CG 8/06 ~
    fine, wavy - 2b/3a
    KCNT and KKCC
  • CarmenCarmen Posts: 31Registered Users
    This morning I was really lucky! I did nothing at all. Fortunately, I got second day hair, so I just clipped the top back (I do that all the time because I hate it when the hair hangs in my face) and I was done. I didn't even spray my hair with anything, that gives me even more frizz.
    Natural blonde 3b with some 3c & 3a, thick and coarse
    modified CG since September '06
  • PixieCurlPixieCurl Posts: 5,656Registered Users
    Washed with No Poo, conditioned with One Condition, left most of it in. Am currently plopping in a tee-shirt, and will diffuse for about 10 minutes in a little while. That won't get me all the way dry, but enough that it looks mostly dry, presentable to leave the house.
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • Oregano  (formerly babywavy)Oregano (formerly babywavy) Posts: 5,297Registered Users
    I'm into a very natural look lately, so that means almost no product, and nothing that enhances it to curl.

I conditioned w/ B2B Coconut Mango, then let airdry about 1/2, raked a small amount of Easy Straight Flat Iron Finish, and let it dry the rest of the way. Then I brushed it out, and tied it back for a minute to calm down the poofies.

I'm amazed at how much faster my hair dries w/o product in it, so I've gotten away from putting product into very wet hair.
    ~ the artist formerly known as babywavy ~

Please excuse any typos. For the time being, we are blaming it on my computer.
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users
    After meditating this morning my scalp started to itch. So even though hair looked okay after that Afro Detangler from last night, I washed with Robert Craig conditioner, with [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Knot-Today-p-207.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-knot-today-leaveindetangler]Knot Today[/buylink] left in and plopped. Gelled with John Masters mixed with Jane Carter [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jane-Carter-Solution-Condition-and-Sculpt-p-159.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=the-jane-carter-solution-condition-sculpt]Condition & Sculpt[/buylink]; scrunched a film of castor oil/Set it Free on ends. Air drying (takes forever).
    My blog - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fsuburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
    My FOTKI - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatsnew.fotki.com%2Fsuburbanbushbabe%2F" class="Popup
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
  • lazy loopslazy loops Posts: 8,792Registered Users
    Rinsed, did a quick conditioning with Yes to Carrots & did a quick rinse.
  • linda_mlinda_m Posts: 211Registered Users
    Co-washed with a small amount of Suave Naturals ocean breeze, rinsed thoroughly, squished [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Rockin-Ringlets-Styling-Potion-p-100.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-rockin-ringlets]Rockin' Ringlets[/buylink] into soaking wet hair, scrunched with a MF towel, put a few clips in the crown and let air dry.
    Couple of inches past shoulder length 3A. Shampoo every 3rd or 4th day w/ baby shampoo; Tigi Fashionista conditioner; back to Condition 3-in-1 mousse . Alternate days water rinse, conditioner and mousse.
  • DominicanaHeatDominicanaHeat Posts: 2,729Registered Users
    CWC'd w/ Vo5 Vanilla Mint, Elucence Clarifying Poo and Moisture Balancing Co.

Added my product: GF C&S Leave In and LA Looks Durahold gel. Today I tried out my Alagio Curl Balm sample, just used a small amount between the leave in and conditioner. Plopped for about 20 minutes. Left it loose. It looks pretty curly today...haven't taken a look at my hair yet now that it is dry.
    3a/3b thick coarse WL dark brown hair. CG/Mod CG since: 5/4/05. Current products: Right now my hair is in such a tizzy over this winter weather we are hving that nothing really seems to be working. I need a haircut.
  • tschocktschock Posts: 101Registered Users
    Today I cleansed and conditioned with a combination of WEN lavender and fig, used a little bit of the lavender and a few drops of jojoba oil as a leave-in, plopped for about 15 minutes, scrunched in Angell gel and then diffused until about 75% dry. Pretty good hair day...a little frizz, but I can never totally eliminate it anyway.
    2c, thick & coarse
    Inverted curly bob
    Modified CG
  • bostonwavesbostonwaves Posts: 727Registered Users
    lazy loops wrote:
    Rinsed, did a quick conditioning with Yes to Carrots & did a quick rinse.

I know Guano - but lazy loops how are you liking that Yes to Carrots stuff?
    "What's the good of having naturally curly hair if nobody's jealous?" Freida - Peanuts

~CG 8/06 ~
    fine, wavy - 2b/3a
    KCNT and KKCC
  • 2happy2happy Posts: 5,138Registered Users
    BTB Pomegranate condish.
    Pink Boots mixed with Fuzzy Duck.

Decent hair day.

Oh, smoothed out some frizz after dry with Body Envy gel.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or hump it.....Piss on it and walk away.
    Location - WI
  • LavenderCurlsLavenderCurls Posts: 1,477Registered Users
    1. Co-washed with L'Oreal Nutri-Gloss.
    2. Conditioned with OneC, rinsed all out.
    3. Added CK.
    4. Added some more OneC for a leave in.
    5. Wrapped hair in Scunchi mf. towel for 30 minutes.
    6. Raked in mousse (today it was He Body Envy).
    7. Diffused for about 10 minutes, let air dry.

Pretty decent hair considering we've got rainy weather here today.
    CG-modified since 4/05
    2b/3a and 3b on occasion!
    Products: The hair aisle in my own cabinets. :roll:
    Best definition winner: KCCC
    Best volume winner: LOOB
  • realisticrealistic Posts: 2,222Registered Users
    Bathtub isn't draining- somehow I think my two-year old has something to do w/it....

So second day hair for me: wet the crown a little and pull back w/a bungee band, mix a small drop of HE BE gel w/a few spritzes of Deva SIF and scrunch into ponytail. It looks presentable.
    Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth. I sat at a table where were rich food and wine in abundance, and obsequious attendance, but sincerity and truth were not;
    and I went away hungry from the inhospitable board.
    -Henry David Thoreau
  • GeminiLeslieGeminiLeslie Posts: 190Registered Users
    -took out my puffs (one in the front and one in the back)
    -fluffed out my hair without disrupting the curls too much
    -wet my hands and rubbed in some ORS Lock and Twist gel and scrunched it on my ends
    -Got in the shower, and once I came out...my hair had nice volume
    -Pinned back the front

-And that's it; I have pretty nice 2nd day hair, which I haven't had for a while now. :)
    Mostly 4a..crazy hair

Currently using: 100% Aloe Vera Gel :), VO5 Conditioners for Co-Washes, Jojoba and Africa's Best Oils, GV Biolage Conditioning Balm :), Cream of Nature Detangling Shampoo, ACV rinses, Herbal Tea Rinses (rarely), Alba Botanica Leave-in

Goal: healthy hair and longer hair

• cymprenicympreni Posts: 9,609Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Got it wet, combed and put it up.

I was supposed to run to the store last night because I was out of conditioner, and I lost track of time and forgot, so I had nothing in the house to fix my hair with. And my hair was a rats nest waking up and I sure as h*ll wasn't going out like that.
  • JuicyTubeJuicyTube Posts: 2,369Registered Users
    I co washed and conditioned, then left in coco-oil and gel. as always =]
    3b-3c CG
  • heavengirl410heavengirl410 Posts: 821Registered Users
    Washed with Vo5 Vanilla, rinsed with TJ nourish, Put in a mixture of oils, Almond, jojoba, coconut, and Shea butter, combed it all through with a wide tooth comb and then put my hair in a french braid.
  • memesmemes Posts: 785Registered Users
    The same thing I've been doing for the last week or so....I co-washed with Wen Cleansing Conditioner, rinsed it all out, added a dab of [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]Re:Coil[/buylink], scrunched it in, plopped for 10 or 15 minutes, added a dab of Aubrey Mandarin Magic Gel, clipped the front, diffused for a couple of minutes and let if finish air drying.

I've been doing this everyday but switching off gels and I've been having pretty good hair days....of course, it could be the cooler weather!

I tried the Wen on a whim as I didn't think it would be anything special but I'm liking it. I'm planning on shampooing once a week though as they do contain a version of amodimethicone. I tried using it as a leave in but that seemed a bit much right now...maybe in the winter.

Take care,

Michelle
    3A, fine but thick, low porosity, low to medium resilience, protein sensitive but not to silk

Favorites: Anything from Curly Kinks...their system is my new holy grail. Still liking Juice Organics Orange and TJ Refresh Conditioners as all purpose co-wash and rinse outs.
  • Ashkins1118Ashkins1118 Posts: 786Registered Users
    Loved my hair today! I detangled and put it in two buns saturday, with jojoba oil, [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Elucence-Moisture-Balancing-Conditioner-p-39.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=elucence-elucence-moisture-balancing-conditioner]elucence MBC[/buylink],avocado butter and Giovanni 50/50 as a leave in . Just took out the buns today(still damp after 5 days!?) got in the shower to add some volume, and thats it! My curls are soft, and hang all the way past my shoulders because the buns stretched out the curls a little bit, so it was nice to change up my look a little bit. So low maintence and easy!
    Super Thick corkscrews and waves. LOVE Elucence MBC, Giovanni 50/50 condish, Qhemet Products, V05 Calming Chamomile Tea Therapy condish, Jessicurl WDT. These are my official HG's that I love oh so much
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fuser%2FCurlypad%3Ffeature%3Dmhum" class="Popup

comic-p.jpg
  • juvjoyjuvjoy Posts: 670Registered Users
    I've been doing the same routine (w/ a few products changes).

Wash & cond. w/ Trader Joes' Essentials

Rinse upside down leavin gmost cond. in

scrunch in "back to basics" texture defining lotion upside down, w/ micro towel.

diffuse 90% dry (bad bang cut so I've been flat ironing those to the side)

Tah dah!
  • CurlyVeeCurlyVee Posts: 340Registered Users
    I saw that product package yesterday at the store and was tempted to get just the finish creme mentioned -I thought it may help with da frizz but alas I opted not to get it; have to see the Hair Doc in the morning so I shouldnt be experimenting quite yet.

Hmm today was just about the same for me since I am detoxing:
    Wet hair (in shower) spray detangler (J&J No Tears), comb through, give light rinse and pulled back in a loose band - Doc orders.

I may tyr the KYJ thingy :clown:
    I need products - CANNOT WAIT TO GET CLEARANCE to use again - I miss my hair !!! :afro:
    Hyper Sensitive to many things !!!
    2017 Routine: Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Cond as co-wash; 365 Fragrance Free Shampoo; Aloe Vera Juice , Water and Apricot Seed Oil as leave in. :blob3:When all else fails, I run back to KCKT and KCCC :thumright: Shampoo weekly - co-wash every 2/3/4 days - just depends :compress:
  • MagooMagoo Posts: 2,173Registered Users
    I think I'm overconditioned so today I just water washed, detangled with my fingers every so gently since I used no condish, put in some HE SMU gel and mousse and airdried. Best hair day and ages! But we also had nice cool dry weather so that could be it.
    3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
    Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
  • keikokkeikok Banned Posts: 585Banned Users
    I washed it...with water, and then put some leave-in in and let it dry
    Keiko

my fotki-its a work in progress
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fkeikok%2F" class="Popup
    password:curly
  • aaa00aaaa00a Posts: 284Registered Users
    Today, I accidently washed my hair with shampoo. I had no intentions to do so, but since I cannot see in the shower (I'm near blind without my glasses). I grabbed the wrong bottle. Oh well. I dt'd and then conditioned again and put no products in my hair. It actually feels pretty good today, comparatively to how it has been lately. Maybe that's because I've been smearing on EVOO every night for the past few days and will continue to do so for at least another week. I'm at the point where I'll do almost anything, even if I hate the smell of olive oil.
    Wavy, dry, protein sensitive, coarse, highly overly porus, very low elasticity, medium-thick density, very prone to split ends
    Avoids: Sulphates, Silicones, Protein, Mineral oil, Petroleum, Polyquaternium, Sodium/Magnesium, Heat
    Mod-CG since June 2007
  • ACHACH Posts: 245Registered Users
    I had 2nd day hair so a spritz of H2O and I was good to go!
    Amy
    2b/3a-ish at times
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FAHopewell1%2Fhair%2F" class="Popup
    PW hair

Currently using
    Jessicurl HCC
    Aloeba
    CK
    AG Liquid Effects
  • pinksugarpinksugar Posts: 2,346Registered Users
    I shampooed with TJ Nourish poo then applied TJ Nourish condish. Rinsed then applied leave-in. After shower, I applied [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]re:coil[/buylink] then Abba Weightless Gel. Partially diffused, then air dry 1 hour. Scrunched the crunch with SIF. My curls turned out great. I don't normally use the TJ products but I think I'll start.
  • msgibletmsgiblet Posts: 5,825Registered Users
    Co-washed with VO5 Strawberries & Cream
    Conditioned with Mop Top Lemon & Sage
    Sprayed in PM Awapuhi Moisture Mist and combed with wide tooth comb
    Bunches of Mop Top anti-frizz gel
    Plopped and diffused
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fmsgiblet%2F" class="Popup - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users
    2nd day hair today, fluffed with a dab of Set it Free/Qhemet Olive Detangler/Qhemet heavy cream mix. I woke up so late I had no other option.
    comic-p.jpg