Help from fellow wavies w/ fine hair

katiedid26katiedid26 Posts: 19Registered Users
Hey, I'm new here. I think my hair is a 2A to 3A, it's hard to tell because sometimes it can be straightish with a bit of wave (never totally straight) but others (for no known reason) it has more ringlets. I think it might get curlier if I grow it more (its around shoulder length), but anyway, I was wondering how the fine haired girls here deal with their locks. I tried the CG and it drove me crazy, didn't seem to be making it curlier, if anything just weighed down and oily (I didn't really have the patience to get through a few weeks of icky hair though). What products do you use to make your hair curlier? Every gel, mousse, etc makes my hair crunchy and stiff! So I guess I don't have a specific question, just how do the rest of the fine wavies take care of their hair?
baby-fine, somewhat thin, 2a
Poo- giovanni 50/50, Co-wash- VO5 Pomegranate Strengthening, Styling-??? Can't quite figure that out, tips appreciated! Trying Jessicurl soon!

Comments

• CurlyinColoradoCurlyinColorado Posts: 3,093Registered Users
    I recently purchased the "light" trial pack from Jessacurl and really like it.
    I shampoo 1-2x weekly and condish every day, my current favorite condish is EMBC (I poo with EMBS). I DT weekly with Ojon Restorative Treatment.

CG drove me nuts, too, but I didn't clarify before I started it and I was using products that built up. Someday soon, I shall try again.

I squish and scrunch in my products, the more water left on my head, after a shower, the better my curls clump. I use a t-shirt or paper towel to blot the access and gently scrunch up the curls. I diffuse a little but only after 30 minutes of air drying and never diffuse completely dry. Once dry, I apply Set Me Up to my hands and scrunch out the crunch. I've discovered that my curls are curlier when I apply my products to super wet hair and let it dry for a period of time before I diffuse. Sorry for the long post. HTH.
    2b/3a.
  • LavenderCurlsLavenderCurls Posts: 1,478Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    CG-modified since 4/05
    2b/3a and 3b on occasion!
    Products: The hair aisle in my own cabinets. :roll:
    Best definition winner: KCCC
    Best volume winner: LOOB
  • kittymommakittymomma Posts: 6Registered Users
    I'm 2a, really fine, and going through some kind of a hormone shift, so my hair is falling out as well (I can't spare any!!).

I've ditched all cones, am trying to only wash every other day, and only the scalp, with a very gently biotin poo. (We have hard water too, so I have to clarify maybe once a month?)

I found that the CG routine just left me REALLY greasy...I'm oily by day 2 anyway, and CO-washing really weighs my hair down.

The HE gels seem to work great for me, as does plopping...I've tried clipping with the tiny alligator clips (the ones for THICK hair, so they don't leave marks) after pulling one piece from left, one piece from right, and crossing them over in the middle. Helps with body!

Trying to go mousse-free, but still use a bit on crown for height...good luck with your search and post results!! I need all the help I can get! :wink:
    2A? 2B? Color-treatment makes my hair a bit fatter, but still baby-fine. Still seeking any and all advice...urgh. password=hairstyles
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file