Dark under eyes

It is ok to post even though I'm 7.5 years from 40?
I'm noticing some differences in my body/face in the last 11 months. 1) The dark circles under my eyes seen to be getting darker 2) I have those annoying marionette (sp?) lines 3) I'm starting to get fine lines around my eyes and sun damage is showing up on my face from tanning bed use.
I don't really have too much in common with most women my age because they have small children or are still having babies. Not many women my age are on hormones or have full hyst. I find myself talking more to the older (not old) 50+ women at work....what hormones, what fiber...I feel like an old lady in a youngish body.

Speckla

Comments

• KurlyKarenLeeKurlyKarenLee Posts: 1,048Registered Users
    Unfortunately, Speckla, dark circles can be heritary. My mother started getting circles that kind of looked like freckles --and now I'm getting them, too. I use Bare Escentials "Well Rested." I think they sell it as a shadow, but it can be used as a base and/or concealer, too. It helps cover them without making me look like a racoon. Also, it doesn't settle in the lines like other concealers.

BTW, your thread on Specklabobsquarehead was hilarious!!! :laughing9:
    KurlyKarenLee

You can say what you want about the South, but you never hear of anyone retiring and moving North.
  • g-stringrannyg-stringranny Posts: 2,701Registered Users
    I never had problems with dark circles until I had my eyes done by a cosmetic surgeon. He raised my cheek bones which put hollows under my eyes. I don't think there is anything you can do other then conceal them. I use an under eye concealer from Bare Minerals before I apply my make-up.
    AKA lotsawaves
    AKA new2curls
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    I have the joy of my face becoming colorless as I get older. I always have people asking if I'm not sleeping well or if I'm sick if I'm not wearing makeup because under my eyes is so dark and my face is very, very pale. Doesn't help that my eyelashes are blond (but very long) and my eyebrows are very light and thin.
    I'm avoiding tanning because of damange and fear of skin cancers.
    Maybe I'll become a pirate and put a parot on my shoulder and two tinted eye patchs... :batman:
    Speckla
    What about using some light bronzers to give your face some color without looking made up. Bare Escentials has one called "glow" and another called "warmth" that you can lightly apply just to give your face a little color. It makes you look .....well......not dead. (Not that you look dead, but you know what I mean.)

BTW, the older I get, the less chance of EVER going out of the house without any makeup. I'll go without foundation --but never without mascara and lipgloss/lipstick.
    KurlyKarenLee

You can say what you want about the South, but you never hear of anyone retiring and moving North.
    Why can't we get more color as we age...haven't we earned it? :happy2:
    I've been told that I've earned the right to each wrinkle and each grey hair...I think I'd rather be undeserving if it means staying young looking. :laughing9:

Speckla
    Well, if you keep tanning, you will get more color --but it will be in the form of age spots!!! That's a whole 'nother problem. I'm just about to order me some stuff that G-StringGranny and RedCatWaves recommended for those nasty things.

BTW, I was wrong, this morning I looked at my face color products and it's "Glee". I think I called it "Glow." My bad. :happy2:
    KurlyKarenLee

Well, if you keep tanning, you will get more color --but it will be in the form of age spots!!! That's a whole 'nother problem. I'm just about to order me some stuff that G-StringGranny and RedCatWaves recommended for those nasty things.

BTW, I was wrong, this morning I looked at my face color products and it's "Glee". I think I called it "Glow." My bad. :happy2:

I haven't been in a tanning bed since I was 29 years old and didn't go to many times at that because I just burn!!

Glee-Blow-I'm mean Glow....I like the names!

Speckla

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file