CurlTalk

In a style rut.

My hair is boring me at the moment. I really need a change. I'm getting my highlights touched up soon and am thinking of having more put in around the back of my head.

I was out last night and people with straight hair can have such cool styles! So unfair! I have 3b hair and wonder would side bangs look ok on it?

Also my hair is a boring, icky, mousy brown, I have 3 shades of blonde highlights put through it. My hair is touching the top of my shoulder blades right now.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a new style? Pics are most welcome.

I would consider straightening it for a change but straightening is not an option because:
a) I don't have a straighening iron anymore - it broke.
b) I don't have the time to do it.
Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.

Comments

• rejoicingcurlygirlrejoicingcurlygirl Posts: 654Registered Users
    I don't really have a style suggestion but when i am bored i buy new accessories. In fact i just ordered a couple of those Flex 8 clips that someone was talking about. Maybe you could experiment with some different styles via up dos etc.
    good luck
    3A; I have HG products!
    Curl enhancer: Mop-C curl cream
    DT: Deva Heaven in Hair; JC WDT
    Gel: B&A; Arc Angel
    Conditioner: Deva OneC; JC too shea
    Frizz fighters: CK, JCS C&S
    PW: curlynow
  • lazy loopslazy loops Posts: 8,792Registered Users
    You could braid your hair when it's wet & take out the braids when they're dry, then you'll have wavy hair.

Do you have access to some really wide satin-like ribbon? Wrap & secure that around your wet ponytail & let it dry. I haven't tried this yet, but I read it'll straighten your hair.
  • RoRo Posts: 150Registered Users
    I don't really have a style suggestion but when i am bored i buy new accessories. In fact i just ordered a couple of those Flex 8 clips that someone was talking about. Maybe you could experiment with some different styles via up dos etc.
    good luck

What are Flex 8 clips and where did you see them???
    3A (I think)

Loving my curls after all these years -- but still trying to figure out what works for me...
  • linda_mlinda_m Posts: 211Registered Users
    Ro wrote:
    What are Flex 8 clips and where did you see them???

Excuse me butting in on the thread - Flexi8 clips are at: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.flexi8.com%2F" class="Popup.
    Couple of inches past shoulder length 3A. Shampoo every 3rd or 4th day w/ baby shampoo; Tigi Fashionista conditioner; back to Condition 3-in-1 mousse . Alternate days water rinse, conditioner and mousse.
  • rejoicingcurlygirlrejoicingcurlygirl Posts: 654Registered Users
    The clips are pretty cool (yes i said clips couldn't buy just one :wink: ) I got the medium size for my daughters 2c very very thick hair and it holds her ponytail nicely. She's been wearing it every day since we got them.
    3A; I have HG products!
    Curl enhancer: Mop-C curl cream
    DT: Deva Heaven in Hair; JC WDT
    Gel: B&A; Arc Angel
    Conditioner: Deva OneC; JC too shea
    Frizz fighters: CK, JCS C&S
    PW: curlynow