CurlTalk

What would you wear with these? (LINK)

SisaSisa Posts: 759Registered Users
I bought these capri pants yesterday. They're a deep, blue-based red, though. (I don't know why they aren't showing the colour selection on the website.)

Yes, I know. Many of you dislike capris. I'm looking for suggestions from those of you who actually happen to like wearing them / seeing others wearing them. You are invited to vote in my poll, however! :twisted:

I don't own capris currently, so I'm open to suggestions... I don't want to look stumpy. (I'm a 12 / 14 - Or zaftig as Springcurl would say. :wink: )

Simply put, I couldn't resist buying these - they are awesome big booty pants! The back crotch depth is at least 5 inches greater than the front, so they accomodate my junk. :oops: That crotch depth nonsense will probably make sense to any of you who are familiar with sewing.

So... Shirts? Shoes?

I was thinking my black leather slides with a fitted t-shirt for a casual look, and black chunky-strappy sandals with a lightweight sweater / blouse for a bit of a dressier look. Objections? De-stump-ify me! :mrgreen:
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• SoLastSunday152SoLastSunday152 Posts: 428Registered Users
    I think they would look great with all kinds of tops and shoes. They can definately be dressed up or down easily.

:lol: @ your poll options.
    Lindsey
    BKT'ed
    becks.jpg
  • KurleeKurlee Posts: 1,354Registered Users
    I like them and I agree with SoLastSunday.

• skywatcherskywatcher Posts: 429Registered Users
    I love em! :D I really like capris for work in the summertime.
    I could not get to vote in your poll for some reason, will try again in a minute
    3a/2c
    Long layers, past BSL
    Loving: CON poo, Elucence MBC, Jessicurl WDT, B&A Gel.
    SLS free poos since Feb 6/05
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    I adore the final option! I didn't pick it, but I adore it!

How do you feel about your upper arms/collarbone/neck? I could see some of those beaded slippers that are out all over the place now with a white tank or sleeveless shirt with some sparkle to it?

Are you going for more dressy/more casual?
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • PoodleheadPoodlehead Posts: 6,959Registered Users
    I like them, but you didn't explain what's up with all the German! :lol:

I think they'd look really cute in red. Hmmm... I feel the need to shop coming on...
    Minneapolis, MN
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,773Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    I have similar ones that are black with a white pinstripe. I wear them with kitten heals and fitted t-shirts. It's been great for the ship, I have about 5 diffrent coloured pairs of kitten heals and keep mixing them up with fitted t's and dressy capris :wink:

Great poll btw :lol:
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • SisaSisa Posts: 759Registered Users
    NetG wrote:
    How do you feel about your upper arms/collarbone/neck?

My arms are... arms. Good muscle, but it's covered in too much flub. :wink: Neck and collarbone I'm cool with.
    I could see some of those beaded slippers that are out all over the place now with a white tank or sleeveless shirt with some sparkle to it?

I'll check the slipper type shoes out... Haven't seen them around here, but I am in a rural area. (Darnit!)

If not sleeveless, a nice scoop or v neck could work, I think. It would kind of open up the look.

Are you going for more dressy/more casual?

Either. I just want to wear them, and not leave them hanging in my closet all summer.

Thanks for the suggestions!
    Poodlehead wrote:
    I like them, but you didn't explain what's up with all the German! :lol:

Mexx is a European company, and they don't have an entirely English-based website. It's funny trying to figure out what everything means. (Times like these I wish I'd learned German from one of the many, many Germans living in this area.) The two website options are "Germany" and "The Netherlands", so I always choose German because it seems closer to English! 8)
  • Who Me?Who Me? Posts: 3,181Registered Users
    Sisa wrote:
    black chunky-strappy sandals with a lightweight sweater / blouse for a bit of a dressier look. Objections? De-stump-ify me! :mrgreen:

Regarding capris in general, if you honestly don't think they make you look short and stubby, then congratulations you found a pair the perfect length/fit for you.

But I have to whole-heartedly object to any shoe that can be defined as "chunky". Please, please, everyone throw away your black chunky sandals. I think I literally cringe every time I see someone wearing them. Try some kitten heels, or anything with a nice wedge heel. I personally love my beige wedge-heeled sandals with an ankle strap. I often think the beige looks much better than the black, which can be overwhelming.
    "I don't know! I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again!" -BART SIMPSON
  • MarMar Posts: 3,003Registered Users
    I like capris :)
    Flat shoes and a fitted shirt would be nice :)
    "what's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?"

"If you judge people,you have no time to love them"
    -Mother Theresa
  • ScarletScarlet Posts: 3,125Registered Users
    Sisa wrote:
    So... Shirts? Shoes?

I would suggest both.
    The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics - Thomas Sowell
  • PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    Scarlet wrote:
    Sisa wrote:
    So... Shirts? Shoes?

I would suggest both.

Geez, Scarlet. You're such a prude. :roll: :lol:
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Scarlet wrote:
    Sisa wrote:
    So... Shirts? Shoes?

I would suggest both.

Brat. :lol:
    Who Me? wrote:
    Sisa wrote:
    black chunky-strappy sandals with a lightweight sweater / blouse for a bit of a dressier look. Objections? De-stump-ify me! :mrgreen:

But I have to whole-heartedly object to any shoe that can be defined as "chunky". Please, please, everyone throw away your black chunky sandals. I think I literally cringe every time I see someone wearing them.

*tear* :cry:

:twisted:

I like the shoes because the base is chunky, but they are strappy across the toes and at the ankle so they look more feminine. Also, I can walk for ages in them without pain. I do appreciate your advice, though, so I will look into kitten heels. I just don't think I can chuck my sandals quite yet... :wink:
  • RainRain Posts: 217Registered Users
    I would wear them around the house on weekends and to the beach because I hate wearing shorts.
    3a/b, fine, lots of it
  • zmanzzzzzmanzzzz Banned Posts: 3,826Banned Users
    link 8)
    I will wear clunky shoes until I die. But not those things Zmanzz just posted. Dear GAWD, those are ugly.
    3a/b, fine, lots of it
    zmanzzzz wrote:
    link 8)

Exactly.
  • PoodleheadPoodlehead Posts: 6,959Registered Users
    Rain wrote:
    I will wear clunky shoes until I die. But not those things Zmanzz just posted. Dear GAWD, those are ugly.

You obviously haven't seen the thread about the 9-year old who wants them. :-)

I can't wear kitten heels, because I have fat legs and thick ankles. They look like a tin can that has been squashed in the middle, and my foot is on top to finish it off. NOT a pretty sight. So, in some cases, clunky is better. :cry:
    Minneapolis, MN
  • Who Me?Who Me? Posts: 3,181Registered Users
    There are tons of non-clunky shoes that can look good with any type of ankle. :P Check out [url]http://www.zappos.com/n/es?d=722000226&d2=722000279 [/url]. With the exception of the two on the left hand side called "MIA", I didn't see a clunky shoe within the first 8 pages or so.

You can obviously wear whatever you like, and personally I'm a big proponent of wearing what you like best and what suits you instead of blindly following the trends. That being said, clunky shoes have not been instyle for at least 5 years.
    "I don't know! I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again!" -BART SIMPSON
    I don't hate every single sandal on that page but I wouldn't pick out any of them for myself either. I really don't care what's in style.
    3a/b, fine, lots of it
  • zmanzzzzzmanzzzz Banned Posts: 3,826Banned Users
    Rain wrote:

i concur 8)