how big is too big?

craziia111craziia111 Posts: 42Registered Users
I don't know, I'm in middle school with 3b/3c midback length. I wore my hair down to school for pretty much the first time and in the morning my friend said it looked good down. But I put it up later, because I thought it was too big/poofyish I don't know how people see it, so how big would you say is too big??

Comments

• JuicyTubeJuicyTube Posts: 2,369Registered Users
    If it's gettin in the way of people walking in the hall then sure, but I don't know what your hair looks like! It's probably perfectly fine- Volume can be a good thing. Your hair seems long enough to weigh down. I know how you feel about the poofy thing though. Don't cut it anywhere near shoulder length if you're wearing it curly and worried about poof- I learned that the hard way.
    3b-3c CG
  • craziia111craziia111 Posts: 42Registered Users
    now that i think about it, maybe it's the fact that it's thick. i don't even know, but since 90% of the people at my school have straight hair, and like no one has hair like mine, i can't really take example lol
  • waterlily716waterlily716 Posts: 781Registered Users
    Ahhh. I used to have this problem also. I used to worry constantly whether I was having a bad hair day and wonder if I should put up my hair. Now I 've gotten to the point where unless my hair looks disastrous, I wont put it up. However one day it was humid outside and I decide to use my new blowdryer before school. Bad idea. I used a diffuser, but I blew my hair around everywhere before it had even set. My hair expanded like 4 inches from my head by noon. I say too big is when you can no longer see individual curls, but frizz is A-OK. :happy7:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    3a/b low to normal porosity curls
    CG method since 2006 @:-)
    CO wash: suave naturals coconut
    rinse out CO: GVP conditioning balm
    stylers: KCNT, CK, jessicurl spiralicious
    @waterlily716 on YouTube, FB, & Twitter
    Blog: Curls and Blossoms

• craziia111craziia111 Posts: 42Registered Users
    thanks a lot. i just wonde rhow some curly haired girls at my school, their hair looks EXACTLY the same throughout the day!! i get so mad because me hair doesn't do that =/
  • EmBemEmBem Posts: 77Registered Users
    Oh my gosh... I know... like what do they do?!? My hair looks good for half the day then gets really poofy and by the time I get home I have to put it up. Lol. Its so difficult.
    3a/3b
  • meantimemeantime Posts: 8Registered Users
    I stopped caring a long time ago about that.
    my main goal in the morning is to make it big. i hate when its flat.

=]
  • FrizzBucketFrizzBucket Posts: 62Registered Users
    My hair always seems to be either absolutly MASSIVE or I've applied so much product that it's weighed down like a helmet....

Does anybody have any tips on stopping your hair from going poofy by the end of school? I've tried using refresher sprays and stuff but it just seems to make it frizzier.....

:pale:
    3a/3b In the Uk.

Currently Tresemme Conditioner
    Boots pink curl cream
    Wella shockwaves gel
    :nike:

Embrace the Frizz!!
  • dutch girldutch girl Posts: 150Registered Users
    perhaps those people use loads of hairspray. i used to do that and that kept my hair in place all day. it only made my hair so DRY i had to cut it off. you can try a leave-in conditioner and a strong hold gel like biosilk rock hard gelee. it's CG and keeps my hair perfectly in place. i use a little pomade te scrunch out the crunch.
    type 3b.
    modified CG.
    CON red, inecto-co, invisigel.
    thanks dutch girl! where do you get biosilk gelee? I'm currently using shockwaves and it's okay but if i use too much it ends up in a sticky mess.... hey do you know if there are any CG hairsprays about?

:happy2:
    3a/3b In the Uk.

Boots pink curl cream
    Wella shockwaves gel

Embrace the Frizz!!
  • dutch girldutch girl Posts: 150Registered Users
    hi frizzbucket, i don't know what your location is but as you could have quessed i'm in holland. i ordered my first tube biosilk rock hard gelee here: www.haarshop.nl but you could also buy it at a hairdresser that uses this brand. i have never tried shockwaves, were do you buy that? a black hair shop?

the only true cg spray that i know of that works is this easy and cheap recipe: 2 cups of warm water, solve 1 tbs honey in it, if you like you can also ad 1 tbs salt, pour the mix in a spray bottle.
    type 3b.
    modified CG.
    CON red, inecto-co, invisigel.
    I'm in the uk! I don't know if you have places like Sainsburies or boots in Holland, but that's where i get my shockwaves. I'll keep lookin out for biosilk over here!
    thank you for the hairspray recipe, it's so good, i'm carrying around a little bottle of it in my school bag that i've perfumed so it keeps my hair under control and smells gorgeous!!
    3a/3b In the Uk.

Boots pink curl cream
    Wella shockwaves gel

Embrace the Frizz!!
  • i_am_awkwardi_am_awkward Posts: 43Registered Users
    meantime wrote:
    I stopped caring a long time ago about that.
    my main goal in the morning is to make it big. i hate when its flat.

=]

Heck yes.
    Constantly battling my oodles and oodles of 3b[?]
    Secretly we like each other a lot, but we're way too proud to admit it to each other.

MySpace: wemissedtheboat
  • [B0RN.READY][B0RN.READY] Posts: 43Registered Users
    craziia111 wrote: »
    I don't know, I'm in middle school with 3b/3c midback length. I wore my hair down to school for pretty much the first time and in the morning my friend said it looked good down. But I put it up later, because I thought it was too big/poofyish I don't know how people see it, so how big would you say is too big??

Does really matter just as long as it isnt FRIZZY [dry, flyaways, no curl definition]...I recomend mousse =]..Or try wearing it half up n half down..maybe your hair is too thick
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Thinkin' of a master plan"

My hair type is: 3C/4A
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    You're fine as long as you can still get through the door without the aid of someone having to push/shove you through. :laughing7:

Speckla
    Yeh- I find big hair an advantage when trying to navigate busy corridors- people tend to give you some space!!

:D xx
    3a/3b In the Uk.

Boots pink curl cream
    Wella shockwaves gel

Embrace the Frizz!!
  • Curly939RedheadCurly939Redhead Posts: 14Registered Users
    yeah, I have the same problem, in the morning my hair lies flat and it is great but later on in the day, my hair becomes atleast 15cm wide on each side of my head so i end up putting it up half way through the day..

But on the plus side, i had the best hair for crazy hair day.. =] all i had to do is brush it out and blow dry!

My friend (and the only person i know with hair kinda like mine) even had to write a post-it note in my locker that said "don't tie up hair!"
    extremely thick red hair. Top is 3B bottom is 3C. Random straight pieces at the back... don't know how they got there

*Learning to accept her wild hair* :compress:
  • auggie007auggie007 Posts: 16Registered Users
    dutch girl wrote: »
    the only true cg spray that i know of that works is this easy and cheap recipe: 2 cups of warm water, solve 1 tbs honey in it, if you like you can also ad 1 tbs salt, pour the mix in a spray bottle.

does that really work???
  • ebzonixebzonix Posts: 411Registered Users
    i love big hair. That's me personally, but I don't like frizzy hair. Volume is always good.
    Goals:
    CBL Stretched: Reached! July '09
    Full SL stretched: Reached, then trimmed off. Dec '09
    Even, full NL unstretched
  • RockinCurlyRockinCurly Posts: 3Registered Users
    I say if it goes past your shoulders its too big. If you really want a way to slim down your hair i suggest John Frieda Volume reducing Serum. My hair used to go beyond my shoulder and its flattened so much and I love it!!!!! Hope this helps!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file