CurlTalk

jojoba oil?

my hairdresser mentioned that one of her clients had luck using jojoba oil as a styling aid .... any thoughts or experiences please?
/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fjackiecoh%2F91908%2F" class="Popup
pw:curls

3a/3b curls fine hair
Deva lowpoo
Deva Angell

[IMG]file:////prod/jcohen$/My%20Documents/my%20pictures/IMAGE_133.jpg[/IMG]

Comments

• CurlyinColoradoCurlyinColorado Posts: 3,093Registered Users
    Heatherdawn on the "2" board has the best luck with jojoba oil, she loves it. Do a search and look for the oil posts by her. HTH.
    2b/3a.
  • GeminiLeslieGeminiLeslie Posts: 190Registered Users
    I just started using it about two weeks ago, and my hair really likes it. I've also been using a little on my face and it's been helping my dry skin. It's kind of pricey, but worth the money.
    Mostly 4a..crazy hair

Currently using: 100% Aloe Vera Gel :), VO5 Conditioners for Co-Washes, Jojoba and Africa's Best Oils, GV Biolage Conditioning Balm :), Cream of Nature Detangling Shampoo, ACV rinses, Herbal Tea Rinses (rarely), Alba Botanica Leave-in

Goal: healthy hair and longer hair

• RozettaStoneRozettaStone Posts: 695Registered Users
    GeminiLeslie,
    If you have a Trader Joe in your area, they carry Desert Essence jojoba oil (also tea tree oil) at a great price, $6 or $7 for 4 oz., approximately half the price I've seen it for elsewhere, exact same product. Four ounces goes a long way.

I like it a lot, too, and use it in a number of ways for hair & on my skin.
    2-something? Coarse, medium underneath. Mid-back. On CG since 5/9/07.
    Washing COs: VO5 Blackberry, Suave Cherry
    Detangle and leave-in: Sally's GVP Conditioning Balm -- I found my HG CO!
    Seal with camellia oil
    Leave-in: Aura cherry almond
    Gels: Homemade FSG, Eco-styler
    Plus: SOTC or smooth with camellia oil, JC Nourish & Shine
    Homemade food-based DTs
    RC color
  • Brown_Eyed_GirlBrown_Eyed_Girl Posts: 1,353Registered Users
    I use it as a leave-in sometimes (got this idea from Heather Dawn). I rub a dime-sized amount between my palms and smooth it over wet hair before any other styling products.

I also rub a tiny bit over my palms sometimes and smooth it over my hair to get rid of frizzies.

I haven't decided if I like this better than other methods yet.
  • GeminiLeslieGeminiLeslie Posts: 190Registered Users
    GeminiLeslie,
    If you have a Trader Joe in your area, they carry Desert Essence jojoba oil (also tea tree oil) at a great price, $6 or $7 for 4 oz., approximately half the price I've seen it for elsewhere, exact same product. Four ounces goes a long way.

Unfortunately, there aren't any Trader Joe's close to me. I have a 4 oz bottle of jojoba oil that I had to order online. It would've only cost about $5, but I had to pay for shipping which was about $6. I really like it. :-) It makes my hair feel very soft.
    Mostly 4a..crazy hair

Currently using: 100% Aloe Vera Gel :), VO5 Conditioners for Co-Washes, Jojoba and Africa's Best Oils, GV Biolage Conditioning Balm :), Cream of Nature Detangling Shampoo, ACV rinses, Herbal Tea Rinses (rarely), Alba Botanica Leave-in

Goal: healthy hair and longer hair

• Brown_Eyed_GirlBrown_Eyed_Girl Posts: 1,353Registered Users
    There are several brands of jojoba oil at my area health food stores.
  • jackiecjackiec Posts: 87Registered Users
    GeminiLeslie,

That's funny, even before I got responses to this post, I ran over to Trader Joe's and picked some up! thanks!

jackie
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fjackiecoh%2F91908%2F" class="Popup
    pw:curls

3a/3b curls fine hair
    Deva lowpoo
    Deva Angell

[IMG]file:////prod/jcohen$/My%20Documents/my%20pictures/IMAGE_133.jpg[/IMG]