What about Nexxus Humectress?

I've been using it for about a year now and my hair is really soft and shiney. I can't use it to co-wash because it's too rich, but I've been using it as a leave-in. I haven't heard anyone else mentioned it here on this website so I don't know if it's acceptable CG. It's got a long list of ingredients and I don't see any "cones" listed. I'm new to all of this so please let me know if it's CG or not. Here's the ingredients:

Water,Stearalkonium Chloride, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Mineral Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Wheat flour (Triticum Vulgare) Lipids, Tetrahexyldecyl, Ascorbate, Alpha-Glucan Oilgosaccharide, Keratin Amino Acids, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Magnesium Citrate, Manganese Citrate, Avocado (Persea Gratissima) Oil, Soybean (Glycine Soja) Sterol, Ceramide 3, Butyl Methoxydbenzoylmethane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Myristic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-3 Distearate, Polysorbate, Guar Hydroxypropylftrimonium Chlorid, Petrolatum, Stearyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA,DMDM Hydantoin, Iodoprogynyl Buttylcarbanate, PEG-40, Castor Oil, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Methylpapraben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parum), Red 4 (CI 14700), Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Blue (CI 19140), Red 33 (CI 17200), Linalcol.

Thanks!
KurlyKarenLee

You can say what you want about the South, but you never hear of anyone retiring and moving North.

Comments

• Charming NotionCharming Notion Registered Users Posts: 697
    I've been using it for about a year now and my hair is really soft and shiney. I can't use it to co-wash because it's too rich, but I've been using it as a leave-in. I haven't heard anyone else mentioned it here on this website so I don't know if it's acceptable CG. It's got a long list of ingredients and I don't see any "cones" listed. I'm new to all of this so please let me know if it's CG or not. Here's the ingredients:

Water,Stearalkonium Chloride, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Mineral Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Wheat flour (Triticum Vulgare) Lipids, Tetrahexyldecyl, Ascorbate, Alpha-Glucan Oilgosaccharide, Keratin Amino Acids, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Magnesium Citrate, Manganese Citrate, Avocado (Persea Gratissima) Oil, Soybean (Glycine Soja) Sterol, Ceramide 3, Butyl Methoxydbenzoylmethane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Myristic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-3 Distearate, Polysorbate, Guar Hydroxypropylftrimonium Chlorid, Petrolatum, Stearyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA,DMDM Hydantoin, Iodoprogynyl Buttylcarbanate, PEG-40, Castor Oil, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Methylpapraben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parum), Red 4 (CI 14700), Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Blue (CI 19140), Red 33 (CI 17200), Linalcol.

Thanks!

baaaad
    formerly;; girl anachronism

politics is like me and my buddy going hippo hunting. we shoot a hippo and it falls on us. now, instead of using our joint effort of pushing the hippo off of us, we arue for 5 1/2 years on who's idea it was in the first place to go hippo hunting.
  • KurlyKarenLeeKurlyKarenLee Registered Users Posts: 1,048
    Why?/
    KurlyKarenLee

You can say what you want about the South, but you never hear of anyone retiring and moving North.
  • Charming NotionCharming Notion Registered Users Posts: 697
    it's a crude oil. it builds up.

i hope someone else can come here and elaborate o :happy2:
    formerly;; girl anachronism

politics is like me and my buddy going hippo hunting. we shoot a hippo and it falls on us. now, instead of using our joint effort of pushing the hippo off of us, we arue for 5 1/2 years on who's idea it was in the first place to go hippo hunting.
  • JuicyTubeJuicyTube Registered Users Posts: 2,369
    I've also read that it's waterproof. Just nasty stuff.
    3b-3c CG
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    Wouldn't the petrolatum be bad also? Not a chemist, just guessing.
    Ahhhhh, maybe it's the petrolatum that makes it waterproof, unpoof! (Te he he.)

BTW, I read your other post. I was ROLFL!!!!!
    KurlyKarenLee

Whooppps!!!, This hair stuff is much funnier after a couple of glasses of wine. I meant ROTFL!!!
    KurlyKarenLee

• spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso
    unpoof wrote:

Yes, petrolatum and mineral oil/liquid parafin are both derived from petroleum and they aren't water soluable.

• SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    unpoof wrote:

Yes, petrolatum and mineral oil/liquid parafin are both derived from petroleum and they aren't water soluable.

Yay! I knew Spiderlashes would come to the rescue! You really do know your ingredients. Are you a chemist (I am too nosy, right?) :goofy:

KurlyKaren, I am glad I gave you laughter.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file