CurlTalk

Broken hair

How can you tell when hair is broken or just naturally shedding? The hair is white on the tip but does not have a bulb.

Speckla

Comments

• GiveMeABMWGiveMeABMW Posts: 219Registered Users
    I think broken hairs can be white on the tip. I remember when I used to flat iron every day there would often be a broken area in the hair shaft, which I could just snap by pulling lightly.

It can be hard to tell if your hair is breaking off with it curly... when it is straightened you might have a lot of flyaways that are shorter than the rest of your hair.
    What's working this week:
    Shower: Garnier 3x Nutrition shampoo 1x per week, cowash with Tres Semme Naturals, condition with
    GF Sleek and Shine deep conditioner
    Styling: Tres Semme Naturals as leave in, L'Oreal Melting gel and HE SMU raked in, LOOB and AG Re:Coil scrunched in, Jojoba Oil scrunched in when totally dry
    :toothy4: 3B
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    GiveMeABMW wrote:
    I think broken hairs can be white on the tip. I remember when I used to flat iron every day there would often be a broken area in the hair shaft, which I could just snap by pulling lightly.

It can be hard to tell if your hair is breaking off with it curly... when it is straightened you might have a lot of flyaways that are shorter than the rest of your hair.

I just got done checking out your hair album...your curls are a lot like mine. I had my last relaxer in Feb -07 and have been gradually trimming off the ends. You're so brave to cut them off all at once. Your hair looks really nice and healthy.

Speckla