Adult Acne II- Sunscreen that doesn't cause breakouts?

BotanicalcurlsBotanicalcurls Posts: 30Registered Users
KurlyKarenLee's topic brings up a new question for me as I have acne as well. Has anyone on the boards with extremely acne prone skin found a good sunscreen that doesn't cause breakouts? I know I need to use a good sunscreen, but I have yet to find one that doesn't make me feel like my skin is completely clogged from the moment I apply it. I break out with the Neutrogena "sheer" products and even the really high end products I've tried cause problems for me. Any suggestions?
3b, coarse dark blonde hair; cut fairly short - just below ears.
TJ's Nourish for CO wash, Too Shea! as conditioner and leave-in, Bioterra gel (Too Shea! & Bioterra are my HG!)

Comments

• noellenoelle Posts: 377Registered Users
    Hi Botanicalcurls--My skin has been happy with Oil of Olay moisturizer with sunscreen (either regular or sensitive skin) and Banana Boat Faces. I hope you find the one that works for you!
    2C top/3A&B underneath. Activate Hydrating Conditioner, Jessicurl products.
  • BotanicalcurlsBotanicalcurls Posts: 30Registered Users
    Thanks Noelle! I'll give one or both of them a try!
    TJ's Nourish for CO wash, Too Shea! as conditioner and leave-in, Bioterra gel (Too Shea! & Bioterra are my HG!)
  • wild~hairwild~hair Posts: 9,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I use Sage Skin Care's sunscreen. My face breaks out super easily.
  • BarbM45BarbM45 Posts: 55Registered Users
    I've been using Aveeno positively radiant w/SPF 30 daily with good results. I've also used eucerin facial moisturizer SPF 30 in the past with no difficulty. I'm partial to drugstore brands that work and cost less.... :wink:
    Barb
    fine, 3a hair; using Suave CO, trying to find right gel
  • VTmomVTmom Posts: 2,487Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I know JUST how you feel. I've tried so many brands. My favorites at the moment are Biore Pore Minimizing Lightweight Moisture w/SPF 15 and Banana Boat Dri-Blok Sport SPF 30 Lotion. Neither are greasy or break me out (so far!). I really like the way OoO Complete Sensitive w/SPF 15 goes on and feels, but it makes me VERY oily in a couple of hours, but maybe not for you. I'm really wanting to try Sofina Perfect UV Lucent, but haven't bitten the bullet and ordered it yet.

Good luck in your quest!
    The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
    Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
    Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
    Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)
  • BotanicalcurlsBotanicalcurls Posts: 30Registered Users
    Thanks so much for the suggestions! I am super-greasy, so maybe Biore or Banana Boat are the ones for me.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I can't use any of the commercial sunscreens or moisturizers-with-sunscreen. All of them break me out. For sun protection, I mostly just rely on my mineral makeup. It contains zinc oxide and titanium dioxide, which provides an SPF of probably 15-20, and doesn't break me out.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    I use DDF Matte Finish PhotoAge SPF 30. It's one of the few non-oily facial sunscreens out there. It's pricey, but I only use it on my face and neck, so it lasts a long time.

I've also done pretty well with Neutrogena Dry Touch Sheer.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file