CK

I just recieved some CK yesterday from the CurlMart.

I'm not really sure how to use it, and how much. Like, when should I apply it? Before my leave-in? After my cream styler (LOOB)? And how much - a few puddles?

How do you gals use it?

CoN green, HE hello hydration, burt's bees super shiny condish, & KCCC.

mostly 3b, mod CG

Smiles are free, so give them away.

Celebrate we will, 'cause life is short but sweet, for certain.

Comments

• realisticrealistic Posts: 2,222Registered Users Curl Novice
    I apply it over a leave-in and I rake it in but I know a lot of others scrunch it in. Raking doesn't interrupt my clumps, scrunching gives me frizz. I use two huge puddles and usually end up scrunching out a little bit of crunch when it's dry. I think it is meant to be a final coat to keep the frizzies from popping out.
    Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth. I sat at a table where were rich food and wine in abundance, and obsequious attendance, but sincerity and truth were not;
    and I went away hungry from the inhospitable board.
    -Henry David Thoreau
  • asleep to audioasleep to audio Posts: 2,085Registered Users
    So you use it last? After gel?

CoN green, HE hello hydration, burt's bees super shiny condish, & KCCC.

mostly 3b, mod CG

Smiles are free, so give them away.

Celebrate we will, 'cause life is short but sweet, for certain.
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I use it after a leave-in, and before gel (or other stylers). I also use several smaller puddles throughout the hair. It's best to apply to wet, not damp, hair for best curl formation.
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • curlyclaudiacurlyclaudia Posts: 416Registered Users
    I use it first before my leave-in and gel. It really works for me. Maybe I'll give it try after the gel :icon_smile:
    3b, modified CG, short inverted bob living in Central Jersey
    Current faves: no poo, HE Hello Hydration, ck, Shea Moisture, Mixed Chicks
    PW colombia
    http://public.fotki.com/curlyclaudia/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• rejoicingcurlygirlrejoicingcurlygirl Posts: 654Registered Users
    I also apply before gel. I scrunch in my sopping wet hair. I have not tried in after gel though.
    3A; I have HG products!
    Curl enhancer: Mop-C curl cream
    DT: Deva Heaven in Hair; JC WDT
    Gel: B&A; Arc Angel
    Conditioner: Deva OneC; JC too shea
    Frizz fighters: CK, JCS C&S
    PW: curlynow
  • realisticrealistic Posts: 2,222Registered Users Curl Novice
    I apply it before gel, although I haven't been using much gel when the humidity is low- just CK.
    Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth. I sat at a table where were rich food and wine in abundance, and obsequious attendance, but sincerity and truth were not;
    and I went away hungry from the inhospitable board.
    -Henry David Thoreau
  • CurlyinColoradoCurlyinColorado Posts: 3,093Registered Users
    I apply after my leave-in and before my gel. I have below shoulder length hair and I scrunch in a nickel size puddle, while my hair is flipped upside down. I do not use CK as a curl enhancer, I use it more for a frizz buster. Happy experimenting!
    2b/3a.
  • wildsheepchasewildsheepchase Posts: 161Registered Users
    On Monday I used the Curlmart discount to buy some CK, and was here seeking the same answers before applying it for the first time. Thanks for everyone's responses–they were all very helpful!

As I was bending over to plop a few minutes ago, I could already tell that my hair is going to be a LOT less frizzy today. Normally my hair declumps a bit and frizzes up during the product application process, then plopping helps it reclump. Today I only saw a very small strand that had un-clumped, but everything else was looking perfect.

I can't wait to see what it looks like when it's dry.
  • ACHACH Posts: 245Registered Users
    Hey asleep - I have been using CK w/ LOOB. I use a bit of [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Aloeba-Daily-Conditioner-p-104.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-aloeba-daily-conditioner]Aloeba[/buylink] as a leave-in, then a decent size puddle of CK (BSL hair), then LOOB, then a glob of BRHG for hold. This is the best combo yet for me. Shiny, bouncy, frizz-free curls that hold :cherry:
    Amy
    2b/3a-ish at times
    http://public.fotki.com/AHopewell1/hair/
    PW hair

Currently using
    Jessicurl HCC
    Aloeba
    CK
    AG Liquid Effects
  • jlpmom23jlpmom23 Posts: 755Registered Users
    I just got my CK this week too, and I am LOVING IT!! I use about three nickel sized puddles and scrunch through, and then use Biotera Curl Creme over it. I normally hate to layer products, but this is an awesome combo, and my hair feels great and not producty.
  • CelebrationCelebration Posts: 134Registered Users
    I have below shoulder length hair and I scrunch in a nickel size puddle, while my hair is flipped upside down.

Wow! I wish I could get away with a nickel size puddle! I use two palmfuls on my hair... which is why I can't afford to use CK all the time. But I do love it!!! Nothing makes my hair clump better than CK. I use it on sopping wet hair.

Let us know what you thought about the final effect after your hair was dry :)
    CG Since 2/06
    3a/3b, Coarse, Very thick, bra strap length and growing!
    Fotki Album

Mary Kay Beauty Consultant

• mrfhnlmrfhnl Posts: 276Registered Users
    I really recommend that CK is the first thing that touches your hair. Leave ins and gels will be just as effective when applied after but CK may not be as effective if applied after.

And I'm jealous of the two palmfuls---I use 7-10 deep puddles!! :)
    3B, normal porosity, med to coarse texture
    Deva Inspired, LiveCurlyLiveFree Trained Stylist
  • CelebrationCelebration Posts: 134Registered Users
    mrfhnl wrote:
    And I'm jealous of the two palmfuls---I use 7-10 deep puddles!! :)

Yikes! This stuff is like liquid gold!

mrfhnl~how long is your hair? I tried to look at your photo album but got an error message (something about your album at moved?)

TIA!
    CG Since 2/06
    3a/3b, Coarse, Very thick, bra strap length and growing!
    Fotki Album

Mary Kay Beauty Consultant

I'm on flickr now but i don't know how to put in the website for all to see without putting down the website with me already being signed in. I have BSL hair and I LOVE CK--lately it's all I use--I used to use it with many other creams, gels etc but since May I've been using just CK alone and have been loving my hair.
    Will work on the flickr thing.
    did it.
  • Katina128Katina128 Posts: 560Registered Users
    I got mine this week too, and I'm totally in love. I've used it over recoil, under recoil and alone today and I'm totally hooked on it. I recently cut my hair to above my shoulders and cut all the curl out, or so I thought, until I got this stuff and the recoil. I'm so happy I found this board to know about these products. It's a night and day difference between what you can get at the drug store/mart and what you can get online here. Amazing.
    Katina, 3a redhead with spirals/waves
    My Faves:
    CJ CCCC Lite, Mirracurls gel, Marie Dean Curly Styling Cream
  • princessaprincessa Posts: 39Registered Users
    This is my second time using and I too love it. I bought CK at Jonathan Torsh Curly Hair solutions salon. When they told me about it and used it on my hair I started to like it. Of course they do a better job than I do.

I think t his time I did not dry my hair enough or I put too much. I feel parts of CK dry in some areas and this is due not drying properly. This did not happen last week when I tried it. In any case my hair looks much better than it did before.
  • lazykerrilazykerri Posts: 650Registered Users
    I tried it for the 2nd time. I used less this time. It worked out really well. I put it on 2nd after a tiny bit of Jessicurl Rockin [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Confident-Coils-Styling-Solution-p-116.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-confident-coils-styling-solution]Confident Coils Styling Solution[/buylink]. Then I used [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Rockin-Ringlets-Styling-Potion-p-100.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-rockin-ringlets]Rockin Ringlets[/buylink] and HE Set me Up Gel

The first time I tried this, the smell of the CK really bothered me. Does it seem to have a strange/strong scent to anyone else? I have some chin breakouts and I'm concerned it may be due to the CK. I have sensitive rosacea skin so fragrances are usually a no-no (I use the unscented Jessicurl).

Have people had good luck using CK in the winter?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Always naturally lazy and curly! ~

Photo album password: curly
    Blog: lazykerri.wordpress.com
    Curl Type: 3a Fii
    Current Favorites:
    • Jessicurl Too Shea Conditioner
    • Jessicurl Confident Coils
    • Rockin Ringlets, and
    • Herbal Essences Set Me Up Gel
    I too would be interested to know if anyone uses CK in the winter and does it work as good as it does in the winter?
  • TheHamburglarTheHamburglar Posts: 31Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    sorry, but was is ck????
  • TheHamburglarTheHamburglar Posts: 31Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    I bought ck at curly hair solutions salon. in the Toronto area. I knww it's available online and at curlmart.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file