Before you had confirmation, did you know...?

FreeCurlsFreeCurls Posts: 4,408Registered Users
Hi Ladies,

question for ya...before you had actual honest to God confirmation that you were pregnant, could you tell or feel it? Like in the very early stages before you started even to wonder if you might be pregnant or looking back were there sensations that you had or anything where you just knew? What did it feel like? I'm most interested in physical sensations rather than intuition. thanks
[FONT=&quot]Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce & FreeCurls[/FONT]

Comments

• KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I just knew. The day we had sex when we conceived, I actually thought "OMG, what if I get pregnant?" Now, I've had these panicked thoughts before, but I couldn't shake the feeling this time and kept thinking about over the following week. Then I started feeling nauseous whenever I got hungry and had to eat every few hours. I took a test then that came back negative, but I knew it was too early. By the time I took the second test, I was positive I was pregnant.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • DarkAngelDarkAngel Posts: 2,671Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I ate every two or so hours almost immediately after conception. I was ravenously hungry. Before it occurred to me that I might be pregnant, I thought I had worms. I also had this crampy feeling in my abdomen. Sort of like I was about to start my period but it never started.
    image.php?type=2&o=5&c=1&date=2009-10-07&babyname=Sebastian

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Theodor Seuss Geisel
  • CurlieGlamourGirlieCurlieGlamourGirlie Posts: 1,198Registered Users
    I found out on a Saturday. The Monday before I had gone to the gym and couldn't keep up with a kickboxing class that I never have had a problem with before. That was about it. Other than that I had no idea. But the next week I was exhausted.
    3b (I think!)
    HGs - Suave Nexxus Knockoff, Jessicurl Weekly DT, L'Oreal Out of Bed, HESMU.
    http://public.fotki.com/CurlyGlamourGirlie
    http://curlyglamourgirlie.blogspot.com
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    We had planned baby #2 to the day and I felt fairly confident it "took." As the next few weeks wore on, I got more and more sure.

But the first one -- no, not at all. It was the last thing in the world I expected. You could have knocked me over w/ a feather. I'm what???? :shock: LOL

• SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    I knew something was wrong when I lost my taste for liquor.
  • wavezncurlzwavezncurlz Posts: 1,814Registered Users

Same here - isn't that a crazy phenomenon?
    I knew for sure with #2 - the moment of conception.

#1 - I was like Spiderlashes - HUH??? WHAT??? NO!
    HAIRCOLLAGE2010-1-1.jpg[

mini-album w/ various styles for the past 10 years of natural hair:
    http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c252/wavezncurlz/hair/
    password: curlzorwavez
  • FreeCurlsFreeCurls Posts: 4,408Registered Users

how? was it a physical feeling? can you describe it?
    [FONT=&quot]Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce & FreeCurls[/FONT]

• cajuncurlscajuncurls Posts: 270Registered Users
    Nothing around conception date, but-
    I woke up a couple of days before I was due to start my period and my back felt like it was broken, and my breasts were incredibly sore.
    Did you do it for love? Did you do it for money? Did you do it for spite? Did you think you had to, honey?
    - Eagles

age.png

age.png
  • wavezncurlzwavezncurlz Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    FreeCurls wrote:

how? was it a physical feeling? can you describe it?

Could have been psychosomatic b/c we were trying. It seemed like I felt a twinge after the act was over. I felt ummm... maternal afterward. Again, I really wanted to get to work on #2 so who knows....
    HAIRCOLLAGE2010-1-1.jpg[

mini-album w/ various styles for the past 10 years of natural hair:
    http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c252/wavezncurlz/hair/
    password: curlzorwavez
  • DarkAngelDarkAngel Posts: 2,671Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I forgot one. Sushi tasted different. Everything was too sweet. That didn't go away until after X was born.
    image.php?type=2&o=5&c=1&date=2009-10-07&babyname=Sebastian

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Theodor Seuss Geisel
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    i had no freakin clue. my boyfriend knew though..he knew a month before me!
  • realisticrealistic Posts: 2,222Registered Users Curl Novice
    I was craving beef (big EW for me) and also my breasts became unusually sore and tender. The sore breasts were the most obvious sign.
    Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth. I sat at a table where were rich food and wine in abundance, and obsequious attendance, but sincerity and truth were not;
    and I went away hungry from the inhospitable board.
    -Henry David Thoreau
  • PoPo Posts: 2,607Registered Users
    I was extremely fatigued.

One afternoon, I literally crawled up the stairs and fell asleep with my winter coat and boots on, and I didn't wake up until the next morning.

I've never felt anything like it in my life.
    3c/4a
  • CynaminbearCynaminbear Posts: 4,476Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    With the first, no idea. The same usual cramps and tenderness I usually experienced during PMS, but it lasted a week. When I took a test, it was a faint positive, so I figured it was a false positive. A couple days later I took another test, which was a quick positive.

With #2, I had a strange unease and snapped really badly at my husband about 4 days after conception. After I'd yelled at him, I looked at him and said, "That's not like me. I must be pregnant!"

With #3, no idea or feeling until I realized I was 2 weeks late.

With #4, again a general feeling of unease, kind of unsettled, I had a really hard time falling asleep (a problem I had with the first 2 pregnancies), and my hands broke out with eczema. I didn't test for almost a month after I had the 'feeling'.
    All day nausea didn't hit until around the 4th or 5th week with #1,2 & 4.
    There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.
  • cymprenicympreni Posts: 9,609Registered Users Curl Neophyte

I lost my taste for coffee and cigarettes made me feel ill. To this day, I can't stand full strength coffee.
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    I knew at the moment of conception too... both with my early loss and with this baby.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• sarah42sarah42 Posts: 4,034Registered Users
    Yes, I just had a feeling a fews days or a week before I missed my period. We weren't trying to get pregnant, but somehow I just really strongly thought I was. I also had some physical symptoms (e.g. sore breasts, which I never get before my period), which probably contributed.
    ehLB.jpg
  • cosmicflycosmicfly Posts: 1,814Registered Users

Same here with #1, although I couldn't for the life of me figure out what was wrong. I also had intense PMS- like symptoms that wouldn't relent, with a lot more breast soreness than usual.

With #2, the symptoms were less pronounced, but I felt slight breast tenderness about 4 days post conception, and I knew.

I did not know at conception either time.
  • MunchyMunchy Posts: 5,206Registered Users Curl Novice
    Bailey422 wrote:
    I just knew. The day we had sex when we conceived, I actually thought "OMG, what if I get pregnant?"

Me too, and I actually told my husband the next day that I jokingly could be pregnant. My mom knew from the start - it was her questioning me that made me take a test - 2 weeks before my missed period!
    She was right. She still says she "just knew."

• medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    Munchy wrote:
    Bailey422 wrote:
    I just knew. The day we had sex when we conceived, I actually thought "OMG, what if I get pregnant?"

Me too, and I actually told my husband the next day that I jokingly could be pregnant. My mom knew from the start - it was her questioning me that made me take a test - 2 weeks before my missed period!

I don't think it's possible to get a +hpt right after conception. Maybe a week to 10 days after, with a highly sensitive test.
    medussa wrote:
    Munchy wrote:
    Bailey422 wrote:

I don't think it's possible to get a +hpt right after conception. Maybe a week to 10 days after, with a highly sensitive test.

Yeah, that's true. Most people do not have more than 16 days between ovulation and menstruation, so the earliest someone could test positive would be an absolute maximum of a week before their period, and that's fairly rare. However if someone isn't charting and has long cycles, it would be hard to tell, especially since conception does not have to happen the same day as sex... sex up to at least 5 days before ovulation can lead to conception.

ETA: I can see how a positive test 2 weeks after sex and maybe a week before the period is due is possible, if someone has a 16 day LP and has sex a few days before O, for example.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

Amneris wrote:
    medussa wrote:
    Munchy wrote:
    Bailey422 wrote:

Yeah, that's true. Most people do not have more than 16 days between ovulation and menstruation, so the earliest someone could test positive would be an absolute maximum of a week before their period, and that's fairly rare. However if someone isn't charting and has long cycles, it would be hard to tell, especially since conception does not have to happen the same day as sex... sex up to 5 days before ovulation can lead to conception.

This is true. But Munchy's post seems to indicate that she knew she was fertile, hence my comment about testing two weeks before her period. The luteal phase is 2 weeks long for every woman, give or take a couple of days.
    Amneris wrote:
    ETA: I can see how a positive test 2 weeks after sex and maybe a week before the period is due is possible, if someone has a 16 day LP and has sex a few days before O, for example.

Amneris, girl, you are confusing me.

Take out a calendar and do the math. I don't think the above scenario is possible. Let's say a couple has sex today, 9/1. The woman ovulates 5 days later, on 9/6 and conceives. Her luteal phase is 16 days. That would put her period to arrive on 9/22. According to you, she could test two weeks before the 22nd and get a +hpt? How can she do that only two days after conception, on 9/8?

I might be misunderstanding you, though. What with the post-baby brain cell loss. :wink:
  • mad scientistmad scientist Posts: 3,530Registered Users
    I had no idea at all either time (and these were charted cycles and planned pregnancies - so I was looking for signs!).

With my first, I started feeling pronounced PMS-like symptoms on the day my period was due. I tested a couple of days later. With my second, no symptoms at all - my period just didn't come when it was supposed to.

• M2LRM2LR Posts: 8,630Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I felt implantation with my son, kind of a deep pin prick feeling, woke me up from my sleep. I didn't know what it was...but the next week I kept cramping, menstrual like cramps, didn't figure it out. One night, I was at a Weight Watchers meeting and said to my mom, "I keep getting cramps, but nothing is happening..." for some reason, I had this feeling, "You could be pregnant." I took a test a few days later, it was 14 days after Ovulating and it was positive.

With my daughter, I didn't feel the implantation, but my breasts felt different, like "alive" is the only word I can describe it. I sent my husband an email on June 3rd telling him I was pregnant, didn't get a positive test until June 17th or something like that. Those two weeks were hell. Finally, 12 days after ovulation, and I got a faint line.
    :rambo:
  • M2LRM2LR Posts: 8,630Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    medussa wrote:
    Amneris wrote:

Take out a calendar and do the math. I don't think the above scenario is possible. Let's say a couple has sex today, 9/1. The woman ovulates 5 days later, on 9/6 and conceives. Her luteal phase is 16 days. That would put her period to arrive on 9/22. According to you, she could test two weeks before the 22nd and get a +hpt? How can she do that only two days after conception, on 9/8?

I might be misunderstanding you, though. What with the post-baby brain cell loss. :wink:

IT's almost impossible to get a + HPT before CD 10...maybe 9 DPO, but it's VERY rare. An LP should be between 10 and 12 days to result in successful pregnancy...and that's usually when you get the + HPT. Getting one at only 2 days after conception is pretty impossible - your body isn't producing the human chorionic gonadotropin (which is only produced after implantation).
    :rambo:
  • imagenimagen Posts: 343Registered Users
    This could just be coincidence, but right after I *think* I conceived both of my children I got crampy right away, and I got a UTI the next day.

I never charted so I wasn't really recording anything, but I'm pretty sure I concieved my son the day I ovulated, and my daughter a few days after, if my timing is correct. Both times I knew almost immediately that something was different, but I couldn't put my finger on it. The first time the symptoms were stronger, but I didn't know what they were. The second time they were more subtle, but I knew what I was looking for. It was torture that second time waiting till I could test. I did test a little early and got a faint positive.
    .png

.png
  • MunchyMunchy Posts: 5,206Registered Users Curl Novice
    Hmm, I know that I got a very faint pink line when I tested because it was too early, but maybe I have the dates a little off. It could have been a week or a week and a half before.

medussa wrote:
    Amneris wrote:

not 2 weeks ... 1 week. I have post baby brain too so maybe i wasn't clear... I agree that 2 weeks before is impossible.

.png

534Pm5.png

M2LR & Co. wrote:
    I felt implantation with my son, kind of a deep pin prick feeling, woke me up from my sleep. I didn't know what it was...but the next week I kept cramping, menstrual like cramps, didn't figure it out. One night, I was at a Weight Watchers meeting and said to my mom, "I keep getting cramps, but nothing is happening..." for some reason, I had this feeling, "You could be pregnant." I took a test a few days later, it was 14 days after Ovulating and it was positive.

With my daughter, I didn't feel the implantation, but my breasts felt different, like "alive" is the only word I can describe it. I sent my husband an email on June 3rd telling him I was pregnant, didn't get a positive test until June 17th or something like that. Those two weeks were hell. Finally, 12 days after ovulation, and I got a faint line.

I felt implantation too, 9 days after ovulation, before a positive test.

.png

534Pm5.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file