The Firm Bootcamp

curlynikkicurlynikki Registered Users Posts: 2,420 Curl Neophyte
Has anyone had any experience with THE FIRM exercise dvds? I bought the Cardio Dance (wierd) and the Max Calorie Burn (looks challenging). I think I'll start doing the Max Calorie Burn today. Any opinions about either?

Thanks!

Comments

• JerseyCurlJerseyCurl Registered Users Posts: 945
    curlynikki wrote:
    Has anyone had any experience with THE FIRM exercise dvds? I bought the Cardio Dance (wierd) and the Max Calorie Burn (looks challenging). I think I'll start doing the Max Calorie Burn today. Any opinions about either?

Thanks!
    My only experience are with the Original Firm videos from the 1980's and early to mid 1990's. But they were and are killer videos especially Firm Volume 1 with Susan Harris and Firm Volume 3 with Sandal Bergman. Also, anything with Traci Long is great. I am not sure if I answered your questions but you might want to check these sites out.

http://www.tracielongtraining.com/ (These were original Master Instructors at the Firm studio South Carolina and have appereared in numerous Firm videos)

http://www.whfn.com/ (These are the new videos by the sisters who created the Firm, Anna and Cynthia Benson)
    "Wonder Twin Powers, Activate! "
  • curlynikkicurlynikki Registered Users Posts: 2,420 Curl Neophyte
    Thanks!
  • JerseyCurlJerseyCurl Registered Users Posts: 945
    curlynikki wrote:
    Thanks!
    You are welcome. :wink:
    "Wonder Twin Powers, Activate! "
  • cymprenicympreni Registered Users Posts: 9,609 Curl Neophyte
    I bought the firm transformer series a few years back, it is pretty intense. Really my only complaints are they aren't the right for me, I apparently develop muscle very easily in my legs and within a few weeks got popeye legs. but I could see them as being very effective. They work you hard.
    Wow....that video kicked my butt today. I watched a few minutes of it when I first bought it, and it didn't look too bad. Well, long story short, I made it through the warm up and the plyometrics...and that was it! 20 minutes, out of 55! Sad.

Oh well, I'll try to get through more of it next week.

Thanks for the info :)
  • cymprenicympreni Registered Users Posts: 9,609 Curl Neophyte
    They are tough ones, I would ease into them, I didn't and I could barely walk for a week my calves were so tight.
  • KurlyKarenLeeKurlyKarenLee Registered Users Posts: 1,048
    I have a lot of Firm videos. Some of them I like and some of them I don't. I'm kinda a klutz so the ones that require a lot of coordination just to get through the routine don't work well for me because I get too frustrated.

Last October I invested in Debbie Sieber's Slim in Six (I think it was about $60). It's been the BEST fitness purchase I've ever made. It's comes with three fitness levels and you can work into the intensity. It also comes with resistance bands in three different fitness levels. Since October, I've gone from a size 8 to a size 2/4. I've only lost about 8 lbs. but I've gained muscle. For the first time my arms have visible muscle tone. I'm 47 years old (almost 48) and my 25 year old son just told me I look "hot!"

I still do The Firm occasionally when I get bored with the Slim In Six, but not very often. After about a week of The Firm, my thighs start feeling like a football player.
    KurlyKarenLee

You can say what you want about the South, but you never hear of anyone retiring and moving North.
    I have a lot of Firm videos. Some of them I like and some of them I don't. I'm kinda a klutz so the ones that require a lot of coordination just to get through the routine don't work well for me because I get too frustrated.

Last October I invested in Debbie Sieber's Slim in Six (I think it was about $60). It's been the BEST fitness purchase I've ever made. It's comes with three fitness levels and you can work into the intensity. It also comes with resistance bands in three different fitness levels. Since October, I've gone from a size 8 to a size 2/4. I've only lost about 8 lbs. but I've gained muscle. For the first time my arms have visible muscle tone. I'm 47 years old (almost 48) and my 25 year old son just told me I look "hot!" I still do The Firm occasionally when I get bored with the Slim In Six, but not very often. After about a week of The Firm, my thighs start feeling like a football player.

Oh yeah :wink: Thats exciting! I'm really happy for you :cheers:

The Firm does require alot of coordination and I often cut the TV off before its over out of pure frustration. I'll try to keep with it. I really do get a great work out.
  • malafachamalafacha Registered Users Posts: 301
    So how are yopu keeping up with the firm program?
    It's five o'clock somewhere! ctail.gif
    :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

Rigggghhhhtttt...

Yeah, so I haven't worked out in 3 weeks :afro:

I'm going to start working from home in December (yay!) and hopefully, exercising (The Firm, walking the dogs, etc.) will fit into my schedule a little better. I'll keep ya posted :wink:
  • gemmagemma Registered Users Posts: 12
    I'm new here. Just want to say that anyone who has dogs has a great tool. Get out there and walk the dog! It's great for them and great for you.

These are some of my favorite workout tapes/dvds:

The Firm-everything

Yoga-Baron Baptiste

Core Secrets-Gunnar Peterson

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file