root lift?

2b/3a, fine, "naturally frizzy", non-porous, above shoulders, brunette
Low-poos--faves are Deva and JC, experimenting with CJ Gentle Cleansing Shampoo
Conditioners: faves are Devacare One-C, Jessicurl Too Shea
Leave Ins: Conflicted relationship--no fave
Fave stylers: Aveda Flax Seed & Aloe over Aveda Phmollient mousse, KCCC over anything, Biolage Firm Hold Gelee (HG for spring/summer), CK

Comments

• * Willow ** Willow * Posts: 496Registered Users
    I always use a root lifter. I used to use one by KIWI, but switched over to "Tri Body Infusion" http://www.amazon.com/Tri-Body-Infusion-9-oz/dp/B000N2QA6S . Occasionally I forget to use it and I can really tell a difference. I know it works well when I diffuse, and I bet that if you put a little on before you clip it would help. Worth a try?

ETA: Ingredients: Deionized Water, SD Alcohol 40, Isobutane, PVP, Propane, AMP-Isotearoyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Panthenol, Fragrance
    If you focus on the negative not only is that what you'll see, that's what you'll be.
  • kinihakiniha Posts: 233Registered Users
    both of those sound useful--thank you! you apply only to the roots, while hair is still wet? do you happen to know if they are CG-friendly? Thanks for posting the link, too!
    2b/3a, fine, "naturally frizzy", non-porous, above shoulders, brunette
    Low-poos--faves are Deva and JC, experimenting with CJ Gentle Cleansing Shampoo
    Conditioners: faves are Devacare One-C, Jessicurl Too Shea
    Leave Ins: Conflicted relationship--no fave
    Fave stylers: Aveda Flax Seed & Aloe over Aveda Phmollient mousse, KCCC over anything, Biolage Firm Hold Gelee (HG for spring/summer), CK

• * Willow ** Willow * Posts: 496Registered Users
    kiniha wrote:
    both of those sound useful--thank you! you apply only to the roots, while hair is still wet? do you happen to know if they are CG-friendly? Thanks for posting the link, too!

Yes - I apply at the roots on the top and in the front while after I scrunch with a towel/t-shirt while it's still wet. I'm not good at identifying CG stuff, but I do think that the TRI is CG. I don't know about the KIWI. :happy2:
    If you focus on the negative not only is that what you'll see, that's what you'll be.
  • PigletPiglet Posts: 1,451Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I wash my hair upside down, apply product upside down, then scrunch upside down.
    Yes, my tail is naturally curly.
    No, it was NOT me who cried 'wee wee wee wee wee' all the way home.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file