I have a question?

curlygirl8curlygirl8 Posts: 26Registered Users
Is urea in hair care products a good thing or a bad thing? I mean why would we want to put urine into our hair.

when I look up urea in the dict. it says a soluble nitrogenous compound that is the chief solid constituent of mammalian urine.

to me that sounds like something you don't want to put into your hair what do you guys think?

3A/3B long light brown hair
products im using NS condis and
ocean waves and la looks gel

Comments

• DominicanaHeatDominicanaHeat Posts: 2,729Registered Users
    curlygirl8 wrote:
    why do some of the best brands use urea that's so gross isn't it I mean, urea comes form urine right so why would we want to put that into our hair.

I guess I have to keep looking for products that don't use urea.

3A/3B long hair

The urea ingredients you find in products are most likely synthetic and commercially produced as a preservative.
    3a/3b thick coarse WL dark brown hair. CG/Mod CG since: 5/4/05. Current products: Right now my hair is in such a tizzy over this winter weather we are hving that nothing really seems to be working. I need a haircut.
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Urea is produced from synthetic ammonia and carbon dioxide. It's no more gross than any other chemical in beauty products.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file