Revelation: I like frizz

mel_80mel_80 Posts: 173Registered Users
So, last night I conditioned my hair and used a combo of products from my stash that I'd never used before. To my surprise, when I woke up this morning my hair had a very minimal amount of frizz and guess what? I didn't like it. So I fluffed and pulled and created a bit more frizz and it looks so much better.
I think I might be insane :laughing9:
Am I the only frizz lover out there?

Comments

• curlynikkicurlynikki Curl Neophyte Posts: 2,420Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm right there with you! If I don't have frizz, I look like I'm rockin' that Soul Glo :thumbdown:

Frizz (that is still somewhat in my control) is my friend.
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Curl Neophyte Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Nope, you're not insane. I love frizz & texture mixed together. There are types of frizz I hate too.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
    Mel80,

Yay! I saw your shout out to my night time routine in your fotki. I'm happy it works for you. Its definitely a life (and time) saver.

Last Saturday, I went out and had one too many drinks (as usual) and i had a presentation that next morning, so I definitely needed second day hair. Although I was too tipsy to remember how and when I got home, when I woke up, my hair was pulled down into a neat little pony and I was definitely sleeping on my satin pillow case. I wasn't that drunk! :laughing9:
  • mel_80mel_80 Posts: 173Registered Users
    curlynikki,

LOL at Soul Glo comment. Yep, your nighttime routine is great. In fact, that's what has allowed me to start showering and doing my hair at night. A complete time saver.
    You've reminded me, I need to update my fotki. The pictures are several months old.
  • CheleighCheleigh Posts: 552Registered Users
    I have lots of kinky straight hair, so I think that "frizz," is actually a part of my hair texture, so it's not going anywhere. My hair will never be fully defined without any frizzy texture.
    Natural pics: http://picturetrail.com/shelacious
    pw: kinky
    Hair type: Spongy & kinky texture. Coily & curly strands.
  • teshonteshon Posts: 1,127Registered Users
    Curlynikki,
    I viewed your hair album and your hair is way cute :flower:

Oh! I can't help it I'm addicted to frizz. I love BIG hair!!!
    3c-4a; Protein Sensitive(forms of wheat, keratin, soy and anything "hydrolyzed"). My hair hates coconut oil and jojoba oil(sometimes).
    http://photobucket.com/teshon PW: crazycurls
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/teshonandfamily
  • curlywifecurlywife Posts: 198Registered Users
    I love a little frizz to my hair. I have 4a hair, the type that when dry it's a curly afro. I absolutely love my hair. As a matter of fact, I came to the conclusion that I do not like to do wash n gos (maybe I will when my hair is much longer and not too much shrinkage). When my hair is wet, it is extremely curly and it shrinks a lot. Then once it dry, i have to pick it out some to get it to be the "big curly funky afro" that I like. I have a new routine thats been working great for me. I wash and detangle once a week at night. I apply my [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/CURLS-Curls-Milkshake-p-884.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Curls-Curls-Milkshake]curls milkshake[/buylink] and IC Fantasia (currently looking for a lighter gel) at night. I delicately finger part my hair down the middle and down the side. I put 4 plaits in my hair and pin them down. Put a scarf on and go to sleep. I wake up and fluff out for the big cute funky afro that I love. That's it. I plait and pin down for the next 5 or 6 nights. Then I wash again and repeat. Works great for me and does not take up a lot of my time. Plus, I love the results of my hair.
    4a-Cute, Coily, Curly Afro When Dry
    DT-Aubrey Organics White Camellia & Yes to Cucumbers
    Moisturizer-Oyin Shea butter & Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade (my new love)
    teshon wrote:
    Curlynikki,
    I viewed your hair album and your hair is way cute :flower:

Oh! I can't help it I'm addicted to frizz. I love BIG hair!!!

Thanks!
  • KellKell Posts: 201Registered Users
    Yeah, some frizz is good. I be working it. :tongue1:
    J&J Baby Shampoo fugged up my hair! :thumbdown:
  • stingostingo Posts: 124Registered Users
    Ha ha, I love this thread. I thought I was the only one who liked frizz :) I love big hair too! Maybe because it's not easy for me to get it--I have fine hair, you see--and I need some fluffiness for texture. I never understood why people seemed to always want to combat humidity; I've always liked it! Well, I'll admit there are some ridiculous types of frizz as well (which I've of course experienced), but I've always liked to have at least some frizz--not just for volume, but also for a more natural look. It's definitely a question of taste; I don't like perfectly defined hair because, in my case, that comes with a set of either stringy, pitiful-looking, crunchy, or all-together artificial-looking curls.
    Fia 2c?, F/Mii, porous, below shoulder; Mod.CG since 08/08
    Occasional no/low-poo: Jessicurl Gentle Lather; KBB Juicy bar; Soap of Alep
    Co-wash: Inecto Coconut; Enliven Raspberry; other local cond.
    Rinse-out & leave-in: KBB Milk
    [If] Styling: KCCC; avocado oil or KBB Butter to STCO
    2nd day: pineapple; KBB Milk+water spray
    Deep Cond.: Inecto Coconut; KBB LLHMask
    Scalp massages: Jessicurl Scalp Oil; avocado+rosemary oils
    Daily battle: my fussy scalp (just started Nizoral :()

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file