New to CG, starting today

Hi everyone! I have been lurking on these boards for awhile & decided to take the plunge. Based on info from these boards, I went out & got the following:
LOOB
Joiwhip
HE Body Envy & Set me up - Which do you guys prefer?
Suave Naturals Ocean Breeze Cond

Today I used a sulfate shampoo (White Rain)for the last time to clarify.
I used the LOOB & the HE BE over that. I definitely need a gel for more ctrl. Then I diffused, which I never do. I ALMOST love the results. Clumpy curls, volume galore (which is usually a prob when I air dry). But, I def have some halo frizz which drives me nuts. I think this is from the diffusing. What if I kind of pasted the frizz down w/ some spray gel? Suggestions?

I def went from a 2b to a 3a though. Pics to follow. Can you use Photobucket here?
CG since 8/30/2007
.png

Comments

• JuicyTubeJuicyTube Posts: 2,369Registered Users
    To use photobucket just do url

Did you condition after?! It's good to condition condition and condition more. CG takes time for the hair to transition. good luck =]
    3b-3c CG
  • Andrea1977Andrea1977 Posts: 8Registered Users
    Yes, I conditioned w/ the Suave Naturals. Going w/out conditioner is not an option for my hair. I'm a little worried about the transition period, but I'll stick with it.

Can anyone explain clipping to me? I have read the book as well as earlier posts describing it & am still confused. What do they mean clip at a right angle?

Thanks
    CG since 8/30/2007
    .png
  • CurlyinColoradoCurlyinColorado Posts: 3,093Registered Users
    I'm so excited for you, can't wait to see pictures! I like set me up, but only as a finisher and I never spray it directly on, into my hands it goes, then apply/scrunch. I was using the HEBE but didn't like the halo frizz, I have yet to use it with CK so no help there.
    2b/3a.
  • ttripleblondettripleblonde Posts: 300Registered Users
    Andrea1977 wrote:
    Yes, I conditioned w/ the Suave Naturals. Going w/out conditioner is not an option for my hair. I'm a little worried about the transition period, but I'll stick with it.

Can anyone explain clipping to me? I have read the book as well as earlier posts describing it & am still confused. What do they mean clip at a right angle?

Thanks

I don't think that that conditioner is moisturizing enough to use, especially in the beginning of CG when you have to moisturize.
    3a/3b Mod CG
    CURRENTLY EXPERIMENTING!

excited2buy:Hello Hydration CO & LOOB

Owner Of CG Recipe Website: www.freewebs.com/triplecurl
  • Andrea1977Andrea1977 Posts: 8Registered Users
    Does anyone have any suggestions about a co that is rich enough to condition my dry ends but is CG?
    CG since 8/30/2007
    .png
  • realisticrealistic Posts: 2,222Registered Users Curl Novice
    Jessicurl TooShea, Robert Craig, and DevaCurl OneCondition (whether or not this one's CG is a controversial topic)

I find the conditioner chronicles thread very helpful
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/viewtopic.php?t=91196
    Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth. I sat at a table where were rich food and wine in abundance, and obsequious attendance, but sincerity and truth were not;
    and I went away hungry from the inhospitable board.
    -Henry David Thoreau

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file