Maintaining Current Weight

curlynikkicurlynikki Registered Users Posts: 2,420 Curl Neophyte
How often should I work out (cardio and toning) in order to maintain my current weight? I don't want to lose weight, I just want to get ahead of the curve and develop good habits now.

TIA

Comments

• luvmylocsluvmylocs Registered Users Posts: 7,578 Curl Neophyte
    if you're walking and doing light weights 3-4 days of exercise should be good. i'm of the mindset that you should do something physical every day but that could make you lose weight. maybe keep you intensity low.
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
  • MagooMagoo Registered Users Posts: 2,173 Curl Neophyte
    This is my issue too. I enjoy working out and love running and cardio but tend to lose weight easily which I don't want to do. Initially when I started working out a few months ago, I was losing too much weight. But now what I've been doing is trying to keep my cardio workouts to 3x a week tops for no more than 30 min. and focus on more weight training. I'm also making sure I eat enough calories during the day ex: healthy protein rich snacks in between meals. That seems to be keeping my weight steady.
    3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
    Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Registered Users Posts: 15,402 Curl Neophyte
    curlynikki wrote:
    How often should I work out (cardio and toning) in order to maintain my current weight? I don't want to lose weight, I just want to get ahead of the curve and develop good habits now.

TIA

You may lose inches with cardio and toning, but you may also gain a little weight because muscles weighs more than fat. usually cardio days alternate with toning/weight training so your body and muscle groups get a rest phase.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • KurlyKarenLeeKurlyKarenLee Registered Users Posts: 1,048
    Keep in mind, too, that muscles burn more calories. So you can eat more if you have more muscles and still not gain weight.
    KurlyKarenLee

You can say what you want about the South, but you never hear of anyone retiring and moving North.
  • curlynikkicurlynikki Registered Users Posts: 2,420 Curl Neophyte
    Yeah, I most certainly shouldn't lose weight. I've been between 100 and 106 since I was 21 (i'm now 24) and I could stand to gain a few. The most recent weigh in of 106 was the most I've ever weighed and I'm assuming its from muscle.

I'm going to walk the dog everday (at a moderate pace) and do my cardio DVD like twice a week or so. Thanks for all the tips!
  • realisticrealistic Registered Users Posts: 2,222 Curl Novice
    curlynikki wrote:
    Yeah, I most certainly shouldn't lose weight. I've been between 100 and 106 since I was 21 (i'm now 24) and I could stand to gain a few. The most recent weigh in of 106 was the most I've ever weighed and I'm assuming its from muscle.

I'm going to walk the dog everday (at a moderate pace) and do my cardio DVD like twice a week or so. Thanks for all the tips!

It is v.smart of you to start thinking about fitness now- esp. if you have not had kids yet which I'm guessing you haven't by your lack of weight problems :laughing9:

I maintain my weight by walking everywhere and taking the stairs even when its really inconvenient. And I eat very healthy meals for breakfast and lunch and smaller portions for dinner if its not a low calorie meal. It pays off b/c I don't hesitate to get dessert if I really want it.
    Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth. I sat at a table where were rich food and wine in abundance, and obsequious attendance, but sincerity and truth were not;
    and I went away hungry from the inhospitable board.
    -Henry David Thoreau
    Yep, no kids yet. All the women in my fam stayed small until they started having kids and then they had to learn to break all the horrible habits they had while they didn't have to think about their weight. I'm just trying to get ahead of the curve and break my habits now. I use to hate being skinny (i was teased something fierce in highschool), but now I've grown to love myself. And you're right, I try to eat healthy while I"m at work (breakfast and lunch) and then have a smaller portion or healthy dinner and I NEVER deprive myself of DQ runs :laughing9:
  • realisticrealistic Registered Users Posts: 2,222 Curl Novice
    BTW I checked out your photobucket. You are too cute- I'm sure if you gained 20 lbs you would still make every girl around green w/envy. :wink:
    Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth. I sat at a table where were rich food and wine in abundance, and obsequious attendance, but sincerity and truth were not;
    and I went away hungry from the inhospitable board.
    -Henry David Thoreau
    Thanks Realistic :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file