nicknames gone wild

subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
our poor baby...our poor poor baby, if she ever had any hope of her learning her name, we've definetly ruined it now!

baby's name is majerle (mar-lee) so a few weeks ago i started calling her "majerls barkley". you know, like charles or gnarls barkley? (fun fact: charles barkley played basketball for the phoenix suns along with dan majerle (which is her 3rd cousin), and the surname is the family name which she is named after...but i digress) so for a good solid amount of time we were calling her "majerls barkley". which ended up changing into "barkles" for short. yes, "barkles" rhymes with "sparkles". now her dad has taken "barkles" one step further by calling her "the barkelator". hes even made up a song, which he sings CONSTANTLY. if any of you wish to isng along, its just like the song "its time for the perculator", just substitute "barkelator" for perculator. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsRkxOtPdwY :laughing9:

anybody else have ridiculous nicknames that you actually call you child???

Comments

• cajuncurlscajuncurls Posts: 270Registered Users
    All Elliiot's nicknames revolve around her stinky diapers.
    Smelly Ellie. and Stinky Girl.
    And because her last name is McMillin I call her Smelly Ellie McMelly.
    It reminds me of those Dr. Scholl (or whatever, the foot pads) commercials. Gellin' with Ellen McMellon.
    Did you do it for love? Did you do it for money? Did you do it for spite? Did you think you had to, honey?
    - Eagles

age.png

age.png
  • picklesgirlpicklesgirl Posts: 1,955Registered Users
    we've called max maxfactor maxamous master max and bubba

quentin has gotten called Qball, Q, and someothers I can't think of

but that was nothing compared to what my dad called me growing up..... boober that's right he called me boober and sometimes just boob for short I still have people back home that call me tishboober
    Mm59.jpg.png

.png

.png
  • sarah42sarah42 Posts: 4,034Registered Users
    We are the masters of silly nicknames!

My niece originally had trouble saying Connor--she'd say "Condor." We kind of took that one over. Sometimes we'd build on that by saying "Condor-leeza" (as in Condoleeza Rice)--I have no idea why. It also morphed into "Conzor" and "Conzo". My husband also calls him "C.C.", which are not his actual initials, so I have no idea why on that one either. We both call him "Monkey" a lot, too.
    ehLB.jpg
  • cymprenicympreni Posts: 9,609Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    stinky
    spanky
    chunky butt

Korbin Dallas Multi-pass
    Korbie
    Snorbie
    Snorbie Korbie
    Snorbert
    Mr. Snorbalapagus

tons more, Korbin is just such a easy name to go nuts with.
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    :laughing9:

maxfactor and condorleeza are awesome!
  • shellibeanshellibean Posts: 4,500Registered Users
    Muscle Man
    Love
    Lovebug
    Doodlebug
    River Shniver (which then turned into:
    Shneebly (School of Rock)

DH calls him:
    Lil' Man
    Mr. Man
    Stinky
    Bubby
    Bub
    A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

"...you could have a turd on your head and no one would notice."~Subbrock

"I had an imaginary puppy, but my grandpa ate him."~Bailey
  • CurlieGlamourGirlieCurlieGlamourGirlie Posts: 1,198Registered Users
    subbrock wrote:
    our poor baby...our poor poor baby, if she ever had any hope of her learning her name, we've definetly ruined it now!

baby's name is majerle (mar-lee) so a few weeks ago i started calling her "majerls barkley". you know, like charles or gnarls barkley? (fun fact: charles barkley played basketball for the phoenix suns along with dan majerle (which is her 3rd cousin), and the surname is the family name which she is named after...but i digress) so for a good solid amount of time we were calling her "majerls barkley". which ended up changing into "barkles" for short. yes, "barkles" rhymes with "sparkles". now her dad has taken "barkles" one step further by calling her "the barkelator". hes even made up a song, which he sings CONSTANTLY. if any of you wish to isng along, its just like the song "its time for the perculator", just substitute "barkelator" for perculator. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsRkxOtPdwY :laughing9:

I love the idea of calling a baby girl "the barkelator"!!!!! She's going to be one tough cookie!!

anybody else have ridiculous nicknames that you actually call you child???
    3b (I think!)
    HGs - Suave Nexxus Knockoff, Jessicurl Weekly DT, L'Oreal Out of Bed, HESMU.
    http://public.fotki.com/CurlyGlamourGirlie
    http://curlyglamourgirlie.blogspot.com
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    Boo boo chicken or boo boo chick
    Lilly Belle
    Mooglie
    Mama
  • geminigemini Posts: 3,325Registered Users
    My best friend started singing "Elise Navidad" when she visited--Elise was just 6 weeks old at the time. She continued on with "I want to wish you a Mary (middle name) Christmas." Not nicknames, but wordplay. Yes, my friend is silly. :happy2:

I used to say "Are you ready Betty?" when we'd leave for daycare in the mornings. Elise--same meaning as Elisabeth--Betty is a nickname for Elisabeth. I know--that's a stretch!

My husband's nickname for her is "baby girl."

I don't really have any nicknames, though.

I know--we're boring! Now pet nicknames are a far different story! :clown:
  • MeghuneyMeghuney Posts: 4,263Registered Users
    Ty-Ty, T.T. (which are his first and middle initials), Ty-Tot, Doody Booty, Little Monkey, etc.

At one point, he was answering to Little Monkey. lol
  • wavezncurlzwavezncurlz Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    Kennedy is
    KD (her initials)
    Ken-Ken
    Kidney (this came from her step sister - Sydney who decided she needed to call her a rhyming name). I have inadvertantly called her Kidney when I'm flustered.

Her father calls her boo, sip-sip (when she was little and attached to my boob), and princess.
    HAIRCOLLAGE2010-1-1.jpg[

mini-album w/ various styles for the past 10 years of natural hair:
    http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c252/wavezncurlz/hair/
    password: curlzorwavez
  • cosmicflycosmicfly Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    Max: Maximus, Maxington, Babalou

Maya: My- my, mama, monkey, Lulabee. Her dad used to call her Mooie Louie
  • realisticrealistic Posts: 2,222Registered Users Curl Novice

Nicknames: Jules, Julio, Ju-Ju, Juice, JuiceBox, and Mr. Soggybottoms
    Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth. I sat at a table where were rich food and wine in abundance, and obsequious attendance, but sincerity and truth were not;
    and I went away hungry from the inhospitable board.
    -Henry David Thoreau
  • Oregano  (formerly babywavy)Oregano (formerly babywavy) Posts: 5,297Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I randomly call out and make up silly names, so my kids get called whatever goofy name I call them at that time.

Bailey gets:

Bailey-Boo, Bailey Bear, punkadoodle, punkadoo, sweetie, snooglepie, snickerdoodle, spaghetti-o, monkey, monkey-butt, stinker-face, stinker-dinker, "B", crackerjack, puddin', Pinky Dinky Doo, cookie monster.....

Bella gets:

Bella Bunny, Ms Muffin-Pants, stinkerbella, kitten, monkey face, snoogle-muffin, Pooper-Dooper, punkadoo....

You get the point.
    ~ the artist formerly known as babywavy ~

Please excuse any typos. For the time being, we are blaming it on my computer.
  • wavezncurlzwavezncurlz Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    This is a funny thread. :laughing9:

I have a girlfriend who has been so good about not using nicknames - and her kids have names that I would easily shorten. They are long names and not once have I ever heard her use a shortened version.
    HAIRCOLLAGE2010-1-1.jpg[

mini-album w/ various styles for the past 10 years of natural hair:
    http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c252/wavezncurlz/hair/
    password: curlzorwavez
  • CynaminbearCynaminbear Posts: 4,476Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    My daughter has always been Sweet Pea for me, and Princess for my husband.
    When he was very little, I called my oldest Patch.
    My youngest I always called him Bug-a-Boo. He'd curl up like a little bug and sleep (when he wasn't crying).
    Not funny, but cute to me.
    There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file