CurlTalk

twists and dandruff

ColochaColocha Posts: 344Registered Users
When I twist my hair, I would keep them up to a week. Now, after the third day of twisting my hair, I get an itchy scalp and flaky (dandruff). What's a good shampoo or any product to use to get rid of dandruff? Today I bought at Walmart a shampoo by African Gold called "No more dandruff", has anybody used it?

Also, for the twists, do you use a spray to refresh, moisturize?

Thanks for answering my questions. I just discovered that my hair can be twisted but I still don't know how to take care of it.
"The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit." Proverbs 18:21

Hair type: 3b/c

Comments

• ColochaColocha Posts: 344Registered Users
    I appreciate a reply! Thanks.
    "The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit." Proverbs 18:21

• ItsiRCItsiRC Posts: 335Registered Users
    does you scalp normally do this when your hair isn't in twists? when my scalp gets flaky i wash with nizoral or neutrogena t-gel. i also spritz the itchy area with a water, peppermint, lavendar, and rosemary mixture.
    I'm going to Mexico until this bills business blows over.

pw:master shake

.png
  • jeamariajeamaria Posts: 1,851Registered Users
    I heard that Kerastase for dry itchy scalp works very well. I asked this question recently on another site and several EOs were recommended, including rosemary and tea tree oil.
  • ColochaColocha Posts: 344Registered Users
    ItsiRC wrote:
    does you scalp normally do this when your hair isn't in twists? when my scalp gets flaky i wash with nizoral or neutrogena t-gel. i also spritz the itchy area with a water, peppermint, lavendar, and rosemary mixture.[

I get a flaky scalp even without twists, but less itchy because I wash it every other day. With the twists, I wash it every 4 days and it gets really flaky. Thanks for the recommendations on shampoos. :afro:

• curlywifecurlywife Posts: 198Registered Users
    To control itchy scalp and dandruff, I use a Apple Cider Vinegar and Water mix. I do a deep treatment first, then I rinse with ACV+water (2 cup of water and 2tbs of ACV). I just pour it all over my hair and scalp. I make sure it covers my entire head. I let it sit for a few seconds and I rinse out. I've been natural for 1 1/2 and it works great for me

hth
    4a-Cute, Coily, Curly Afro When Dry
    DT-Aubrey Organics White Camellia & Yes to Cucumbers
    Moisturizer-Oyin Shea butter & Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade (my new love)