CG Advice Needed!

Uptown CurlsUptown Curls Posts: 77Registered Users
Help Me! :help:

I have been growing out my perm since 9/06 and I'm ready to take the plunge to do the big cut But, yeah there always seems to be a but huh! I can't do this myself. With the exception of pooing , applying a product, and a ponytail I'm hair challanged when it comes to cutting hair. I was natural years ago before , but the sytlist that I went to who worked out of her home has since moved out of state. What is a CG to do!

Therefore, I'm calling out to my fellow CG's I need someone to
reccommed a hairsalon/stylist that I can go to that is familar w/4a/4b type of hair in New York City. But,(yes another but) someone who won't charge me over 100.00 bucks for the visit. I know that this is a challange. Yet I'm hoping that you CG's will be able help me. When I go to the Curl Salons section on this site to get a recommendation . I contact the salons and they estimate that the cut fee will be under 100.00 but, services are a la cart! :cwm21: That will leave me paying way over what I can afford right now! Please, Please help me out!

Please, let thank you all in advance for your time and effort to read or reply.

God Bless
Cece, 2 Blessed 2 B Stressed!
4a/4b
Last Perm 9/06

Comments

• teshonteshon Posts: 1,127Registered Users
    I'm sorry I don't have any salon recommendations but here's an idea. I styled a twa for many years. I can count on one hand how many times I paid a stylist for a haircut. Girl, I went to Walgreens and bought Wahl clippers and did it myself. I know not everybody can cut their own hair, but I cut the perm off with scissors as close as I could get to the waves(new growth). Then I started with the largest guard that came with the clippers and worked my way down from that size until all the perm was gone. If your terrified of doing it yourself, maybe a Visible Changes, TGF, could cut it down to the new growth for you. Good luck to you!!!!!

ETA-If you decide to do it yourself as a last resort. Make sure you wash your hair first so that the waves stand out from the permed hair. It was easier for me to do the bc the first time when my hair was moisturized.
    3c-4a; Protein Sensitive(forms of wheat, keratin, soy and anything "hydrolyzed"). My hair hates coconut oil and jojoba oil(sometimes).
    http://photobucket.com/teshon PW: crazycurls
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/teshonandfamily
  • Uptown CurlsUptown Curls Posts: 77Registered Users
    Teshon,

Thanks , so much for the info. Girl I don't have the courage to do the cut myself. For me getting the cut at this point I can deal with it. Now as for me doing it myself well that's a no no for me I know my limits. :laughing9: But I do respect those who can like yourself. I wish had the skill to do it. Nonetheless, thanks for your response I appreciated it.

Ohh by the way you hair is very cute. You go girl!

God Bless
    4a/4b
    Last Perm 9/06
  • teshonteshon Posts: 1,127Registered Users
    Thanks! I'm sure you'll have some luck finding a stylist. Keep hope alive. :afro:
    3c-4a; Protein Sensitive(forms of wheat, keratin, soy and anything "hydrolyzed"). My hair hates coconut oil and jojoba oil(sometimes).
    http://photobucket.com/teshon PW: crazycurls
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/teshonandfamily
  • CheleighCheleigh Posts: 552Registered Users
    When I was cutting out the relaxer, I didn't worry about getting it cut into a style at that point--I just needed someone who could cut off the relaxed parts. Really, anyone can do that--a general stylist or a barber.

It's been nearly 18 months since my BC, and I still haven't had a formal haircut, just trims, which I do myself. I mostly wear shake and gos (with hair accessories) and pony puffs.
    Natural pics: http://picturetrail.com/shelacious
    pw: kinky
    Hair type: Spongy & kinky texture. Coily & curly strands.
  • soon2bsoon2b Posts: 220Registered Users
    maybe u could try an aveda school salon
    event.png

Hair Type: small 3c patch in the center, mostly 4a with a patch of 4b at my temples
    Shampoo: Suave daily clarifying ( when I feel that need)
    Conditioners: AOHSR, MM, olive oil
    Styler/Leave-in: SheaMoisture, Fantasia IC, HNS
  • Uptown CurlsUptown Curls Posts: 77Registered Users
    Cheleigh & Soon2b,

Thanks for the advice, Cheleigh, believe you me when I say everyone has there limits and cutting is mine but, I still appreicate the information you gave.

Soon2b, I like your idea! I never thought about that. I remember when I was younger and my mother would go to beauty schools. Especially when her money needed to be stretched. I'm going to look up a few. and give them a call. Wish me well. Thanks again.

God Bless
    4a/4b
    Last Perm 9/06

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file