CurlTalk

L'Oreal Melting Gel and Springing Curls Mousse, Anyone?

These are older L'Oreal Studioline products (in the white packages with blue, yellow, and red markings). Walgreens is having a 2 for $3 special on this whole line, so I stocked up on LOOB a couple of weeks ago and then picked up the Melting Gel and the Springing Curls Mousse. Anybody have any experience with these or recommendations? It's hard for a PJ to pass up a deal like that! Everything I bought appears to be CG.

If you're a LOOB fan and you are near a Walgreens, it would be worthwhile to stop by and see if they are running this special. At my Walgreens, it's all on an end-cap, not with the other L'Oreal product.
2-something? Coarse, medium underneath. Mid-back. On CG since 5/9/07.
Washing COs: VO5 Blackberry, Suave Cherry
Detangle and leave-in: Sally's GVP Conditioning Balm -- I found my HG CO!
Seal with camellia oil
Leave-in: Aura cherry almond
Gels: Homemade FSG, Eco-styler
Plus: SOTC or smooth with camellia oil, JC Nourish & Shine
Homemade food-based DTs
RC color

Comments

• funnybean14funnybean14 Posts: 58Registered Users
    I love studio line melting gel. Unfortunately, there is no Walgreen's where I live. I have to buy the new stuff from Walmart. It now comes in a black bottle. I also loved the curls hairspray but the new line does not have the spray at all. I had to settle for just the gel. Congrats on your great find!
    3A/3B I think...
    Modified CG: cowash Suave Berry Smoothie or Toasted Vanilla, cond TRESemme Vitamin E Moisture rich (I leave some in), Loreal Studio melting gel, Aussie sprunch to finish
  • curlyjenncurlyjenn Posts: 585Registered Users
    I used to use the Springing Curls mousse alot before I found this site. It seems like it gave me lots of volume, which I love, and I don't know why I haven't used it in forever. I'm currently searching more volume, so maybe I'll give it a try again.

Let us know what it does for you when you use it!
    I'm a 3b, with 3c underneath.

Used to be CG, now I'm not. Using Suave Aloe & Waterlily shampoo & condish, JoiWhip, BRHG, Suave Aloe gel, Aussie Tizz No Frizz, and anything else that looks good!
    My Myspace!
  • LavenderCurlsLavenderCurls Posts: 1,477Registered Users
    I've got the Upward Spiral Springing Curl Mousse - found it 2 fer 1 at Walmart a few months back - and although I didn't like it at first, I do now. It's lightweight, scrunches out very easily and gives me some added volume, especially when I use it over GF CnS leave in cream (which I totally forgot to do as I'm wearing that mousse today!).
    CG-modified since 4/05
    2b/3a and 3b on occasion!
    Products: The hair aisle in my own cabinets. :roll:
    Best definition winner: KCCC
    Best volume winner: LOOB
  • ~GypsyCurls~~GypsyCurls~ Posts: 351Registered Users
    I used the L'Oreal Mousse before, but not the other one. It worked pretty well, just scrunching through damp/wet hair. It defined my curls nicely.
    2c/3a/3b curls, tailbone length, fairy tale ends
    Cleansers: V05 Co
    Conditioners: KMS Everyday, Dove Dry Oil Care

DT/Treats:Aphogee Protein Treat/Hemp/Argan Oil
    Leave-ins/Stylers: All HE Condish, Generic PM The Conditioner