Recommendation for good reconstructive conditioner?

texascurlytexascurly Posts: 1,967Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I'm going to transition from flat ironing my hair for 5 years back to my natural curly. I think I'll need a good reconstructive conditioner to get started...any recs??

Comments

• MagooMagoo Posts: 2,173Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Jessicurl Weekly Deep Treatment is a good one that a lot of people like.
    Also if you do a search in the recipes section, there's a lot of good recipes for homemade deep treatments.
    3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
    Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I just picked up Nexxus Emergencee Strengthening Polymeric Reconstructor based on feedback from NC.com, Also it's fast acting and you don't have to use heat. I'll try it out tomorrow
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    A protein-based DT would be best, since you probably have some damage. Joi K-Pac Reconstructor is a classic, or you can save some money and get the Generic version from Sally's -- it's just as good. Use it with heat if you can -- the MicroHeatCap is a worthy investment (Curl Mart has them). Or you can warm a damp towel in the microwave (watch carefully, it can scorch). Or use a hair dryer.

Be sure to follow a protein DT with a moisturizing conditioner to keep the excess protein from making your hair feel rough.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file