Curly Afro When Dry!!! Please Help!!!

curlywifecurlywife Posts: 198Registered Users
Hello Everyone,
I need help please. I use suave conditioner as a leave in and [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/CURLS-Curls-Milkshake-p-884.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Curls-Curls-Milkshake]curls milkshake[/buylink] and IC Fantasia as stylers. This is not working for me.I am curious about the ladies with this hair type. Maybe I need to use a different gel. I like the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/CURLS-Curls-Milkshake-p-884.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Curls-Curls-Milkshake]milkshake[/buylink] but the gel doesn't give me the shine I want. Maybe this is the best my hair will look. If so, that's okay. Just wanted to know my options.
Wat products do you all use? I am looking for products that will define, defrizz, moisturize, and shine (I would like a little bounce but I don't think that's possible with my hair type). I was thinking about trying the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Blended-Beauty-Happy-Nappy-Styles-p-533.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=blended-beauty-happy-nappy-styles]Happy Nappy Styles[/buylink] with Herbal Essence Gel or AOMM hair jelly. What do you all think. Thanks in advance and its great to chat with other women with these issues.
4a-Cute, Coily, Curly Afro When Dry
DT-Aubrey Organics White Camellia & Yes to Cucumbers
Moisturizer-Oyin Shea butter & Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade (my new love)

Comments

• tieratiera Posts: 5Registered Users
    Bump cuz I need help also.
    I've been natural for 2 yrs and some change and I still haven't found great products yet. Cantu daily shea butter moisturizer moisturizes my hair, and FOTE Aloe Vera Gel De-frizzes and Defines, but as far as shine, I dunno. I think my biggest problem is my health right now so I probably won't get good healthy shine until I handle that but I still want to know what products work for others. I'm tired of walking around looking like Miss Celie. And as far as bounce :laughing9: .

Naw seriously, I don't think there's nothin in this world that would make my hair bounce.
  • ginifroginifro Posts: 18Registered Users
    Hi,

It's usually hit or miss. You hit a few products and you miss quite a few dollars.
    First are you drying your hair with harsh shampoos?
    Second do you always condition (pre, deep and leave in)?
    My hair doesn't like oil. For others it works.
    I do better with milks and medium consistency butters. No grease!
    I prefer Qhemet Biologics olive detangler and sidr tree butter balm and Carol's Daughter milk and butter balm, and no sulphate shampoos.
    What you eat will also make a difference in your hair's health.

Good luck!
    4a/4b and still learning
  • Hairblogger â„¢Hairblogger â„¢ Posts: 564Registered Users
    if your hair is naturally dry, it may be difficult to achieve the level of shine you want, but in general, for added shine you can try a little jojoba oil and also try deep treatments with honey (which may help with softness and shine over time).

Other products you can try are:

1. Karen's Body beautiful Hair Milk (as leave-in)

2. Aubrey Organics Rosa Mosqueta Conditioner/for DT

3. Aubrey Organics Rosa mosqueta Shampoo (if you poo)

4. Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose conditioner (if you co-wash)

5. Aubrey Organics GPB/Glycogen Protein Balancer Conditioner (for co-wash or DT)

Good Luck!
    'Goddess Hair & Skin Recipe Book' devotee 4life!

Co-Wash: Aubrey O. HoneySuckleRose Cond.
    Poo: 1-2x ~monthly~ w/AO 'poo+Baking Soda
    DT: Honey + any Aubrey Condish
    Leave-Ins: Sheamoisture / RJML Cactus / KBBmilk!

[/COLOR]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file