Just discovered LOOB

Brown_Eyed_GirlBrown_Eyed_Girl Posts: 1,353Registered Users Curl Neophyte
So I just realized last week what LOOB stands for (L'Oreal Out Of Bed for any other newbies like me :wink: ). I've tried it twice and my hair is bouncy for the first time. :bounce: My hair is a lot clumpier too, almost too clumpy, which I didn't think could ever happen.

I'm definitely in love...

Comments

• jlpmom23jlpmom23 Posts: 755Registered Users
    I think I need to revisit LOOB. Did you use it alone, or layer w/ gel?
  • JuicyTubeJuicyTube Posts: 2,369Registered Users
    I can't wait to try this! :blob6:
    3b-3c CG
  • EireEire Posts: 72Registered Users
    Yay, LOOB love! :cheers: I mix it with some [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]re:coil[/buylink] and top it off with a little gel. Gives me clumpy, defined curls every time.
    3A- Current products: EMBS, B2B Pom, Pink Boots
  • Brown_Eyed_GirlBrown_Eyed_Girl Posts: 1,353Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    jlpmom23 wrote:
    I think I need to revisit LOOB. Did you use it alone, or layer w/ gel?

It's really hot and humid here, so I put a little KY warming liquid (instead of CK) on first, then the LOOB, then the gel.

I want to try just the LOOB and gel, but I've been loving my hair so much the last few days, I don't want to mess up a good thing.
  • ttripleblondettripleblonde Posts: 300Registered Users
    Dude, now I totally want to try this...
    3a/3b Mod CG
    CURRENTLY EXPERIMENTING!

excited2buy:Hello Hydration CO & LOOB

Owner Of CG Recipe Website: www.freewebs.com/triplecurl
  • curly52curly52 Posts: 351Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    noww i want to try this :laughing9: any pics :wink:
    uk curly - 3a :toothy7:
  • jlpmom23jlpmom23 Posts: 755Registered Users
    OK, I dug this out from the product graveyard under my bathroom sink and used it today. I didn't layer it w/ anything, I am finding I am more of a one product at a time girl. Anyway, as I diffused, I was getting in kind of a panic, my hair looked really stringy and gross. But then when it was totally dry, wow!! Clumpy, bouncy curls with lots of movement!
  • asleep to audioasleep to audio Posts: 2,085Registered Users
    It makes my hair "bounce" too! I'm practically hyperventilating because I ran out of it...must...make...a...trip...to...Giant....:lol:

CoN green, HE hello hydration, burt's bees super shiny condish, & KCCC.

mostly 3b, mod CG

Smiles are free, so give them away.

Celebrate we will, 'cause life is short but sweet, for certain.
  • curly52curly52 Posts: 351Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    thats it i'm getting some :happy2:
    uk curly - 3a :toothy7:
    Sorry, no pics. But just wanted to say I am still loving this. :bounce:
  • RozettaStoneRozettaStone Posts: 697Registered Users Curl Novice
    Just want to say again that where I live (Bay Area), Walgreens is running a 2 for $3 special on a bunch of old-packaging L'Oreal Studioline stylers, including LOOB. These products are in white packages. I've compared the LOOB ingredients to the new black package, and they are identical except for fragrance and something else way down near the bottom of the list. I haven't tried it yet but to me the smell is a lot less intense than the new stuff, which is a plus for me -- I really don't like the LOOB smell.
    2-something? Coarse, medium underneath. Mid-back. On CG since 5/9/07.
    Washing COs: VO5 Blackberry, Suave Cherry
    Detangle and leave-in: Sally's GVP Conditioning Balm -- I found my HG CO!
    Seal with camellia oil
    Leave-in: Aura cherry almond
    Gels: Homemade FSG, Eco-styler
    Plus: SOTC or smooth with camellia oil, JC Nourish & Shine
    Homemade food-based DTs
    RC color
  • curlyincollegecurlyincollege Posts: 175Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    How are you guys using this stuff? I've tried it a couple of times, and I haven't had any luck with it. What I've done is rub a small blob in my hands, scrunch it in, and then use a light gel on top. I've found my curls more stringy than clumpy with LOOB. Any thoughts?
    This site has released my inner PJ demon... :)

I'm a 2b/3a in a perpetual search for the products that will actually give me a good hair day in this brutal heat and humidity!
    How are you guys using this stuff? I've tried it a couple of times, and I haven't had any luck with it. What I've done is rub a small blob in my hands, scrunch it in, and then use a light gel on top. I've found my curls more stringy than clumpy with LOOB. Any thoughts?

I'm still experimenting, but what I currently do is:

Start with very wet hair.

Rub a tiny bit in my hands and smooth it over all my hair from front to back like I'm pulling it back in a pony tail.

Then I separate my hair into two sections, one on each side of my head. I gently rake a little more LOOB into each side, then squeeze it all together again like I'm pulling it into a ponytail (each time I squeeze more water out as well).

I flip upside down and rub a quarter sized blob of LOOB between my hands and scrunch gently.

I scrunch two blobs of gel into my hair.

I scrunch with a towel, then I plop.
  • jennifermariajennifermaria Posts: 179Registered Users Curl Novice
    Anyone know what the magic amount is to use, so it doesn't result in greasy hair? I used it today for the first time and can tell this is something I COULD like--if I just figure out how to use it correctly. It did make my hair bouncy (loved that!!) and glossy, but as with another poster here, I didn't get clumpy curls, but rather, skinny, stringy curls. I didn't mind too much, since it did bring out my curl, but I do prefer the bigger, clumpy curls.

I think I may try smoothing it on, then scrunching, vs. raking it in. I should have known that if I raked it in, I'd get skinnier curls :(.

Jennifer
    2c wavy, medium porosity, medium density, coarse

Current go-to products: AIA co-wash, Mop-Top Bamboo Conditioner, AIA Leave-In, Uncle Funky’s Daughter Curly Magic, LALSG
  • Andrea1977Andrea1977 Posts: 8Registered Users
    Today was my 1st day on the loob. AWESOME. I can't believe the curl. It lasted all day. Usually I'm a limp mess by 2 pm. I went out today & bought another tub. I did have some halo frizz though. Maybe from diffusing which I don't normally do. Used HE BE over the loob. Tomorrow I will try airdrying.
    CG since 8/30/2007
    .png
  • waffleswaffles Posts: 13Registered Users
    I have been reading the posts about LOOB and would like to try it. I was wondering where everyone bought it. I have gone to two stores so far and neither one had it.
  • LavenderCurlsLavenderCurls Posts: 1,478Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    waffles wrote:
    I have been reading the posts about LOOB and would like to try it. I was wondering where everyone bought it. I have gone to two stores so far and neither one had it.

It's usually all over - Walmart, Walgreens, CVS, Target, Ulta .. maybe the stores you went to were just out of it and will restock soon.
    CG-modified since 4/05
    2b/3a and 3b on occasion!
    Products: The hair aisle in my own cabinets. :roll:
    Best definition winner: KCCC
    Best volume winner: LOOB
  • EfrizzabethEfrizzabeth Posts: 8,792Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I finally gave in to all the hype & bought a tub. But I can't say it's all that & then some. I've tried it on wet (not dripping) hair & damp hair. I've tried a lot & I've tried a little. If I can't use this alone like I can Garnier Fructis Soft Curl Creme & get great clumpy soft shiny results, it's not a keeper/holy grail. I'll give it one more try. :roll:
  • LavenderCurlsLavenderCurls Posts: 1,478Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    lazy loops wrote:
    I finally gave in to all the hype & bought a tub. But I can't say it's all that & then some. I've tried it on wet (not dripping) hair & damp hair. I've tried a lot & I've tried a little. If I can't use this alone like I can Garnier Fructis Soft Curl Creme & get great clumpy soft shiny results, it's not a keeper/holy grail. I'll give it one more try. :roll:

When I used it I found I had to diffuse my hair immediately to dry and a couple of other curlies did, too. It didn't work well for me if I tried to air dry or do a half and half.
    CG-modified since 4/05
    2b/3a and 3b on occasion!
    Products: The hair aisle in my own cabinets. :roll:
    Best definition winner: KCCC
    Best volume winner: LOOB
    lazy loops wrote:

When I used it I found I had to diffuse my hair immediately to dry and a couple of other curlies did, too. It didn't work well for me if I tried to air dry or do a half and half.

Crud. That's all I do is air dry. SIGH
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    What's the consistency of this product? Slimy? Watery? Oily? Thick and greasy? Regular gel-like?

Do you use it in place of a curl cream or a gel? Or something else?

• ACHACH Posts: 245Registered Users
    Used this for the 1st time today and got FAT & BOUNCY curls! I am attributing alot of this to the LOOB even though I also used the reformulated HEHH conditioner for the 1st time too. Excellent clumping too. I do think I used a bit too much this time though. The softness kind of overrulled my less than normal glob of BRHG. I will certainly be experimenting with this though :bounce:
    Amy
    2b/3a-ish at times
    http://public.fotki.com/AHopewell1/hair/
    PW hair

Currently using
    Jessicurl HCC
    Aloeba
    CK
    AG Liquid Effects
  • mailgirlmailgirl Posts: 451Registered Users
    I'm going to try some of this with the KY! :idea:
    3a/3b/3c/36D

May the hair gods shine on me (and you!).

My silly veggie blog: vegefattien
    What's the consistency of this product? Slimy? Watery? Oily? Thick and greasy? Regular gel-like?

Do you use it in place of a curl cream or a gel? Or something else?

It's hard to describe. Slimy is probably the best word, because it's not oily or greasy. The tub says it's a creamy gel base. I use it under my gel. I've never used a curl cream before.
  • curlyjenncurlyjenn Posts: 590Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    lazy loops wrote:
    lazy loops wrote:

Crud. That's all I do is air dry. SIGH

I use it when I air dry. I like it best, though, on 2nd day when I spritz with water, then scrunch in some LOOB. It's only ok for me one 1st day hair.
    I'm a 3b, with 3c underneath.
    I'm a product junkie. <3
    I like it best, though, on 2nd day when I spritz with water, then scrunch in some LOOB. It's only ok for me one 1st day hair.

Hmm...I'll have to try that.
  • RoRo Posts: 150Registered Users
    Does anyone know if the dimethicone in this product is CG friendly??
    3A (I think)

Loving my curls after all these years -- but still trying to figure out what works for me...
    Yes, Dimethicone Copolyol and any dimethicone with "peg" in front are both water soluble.
  • RoRo Posts: 150Registered Users
    Thanks, Brown Eyed Girl -- this will help me a lot in checking out other products.

Plus I'm happy because I had already used some LOOB when I posted my question -- didn't want to undo any good I've done to my hair! So far I really like the results, I'm really hoping to get have 2nd/3rd day hair...
    3A (I think)

Loving my curls after all these years -- but still trying to figure out what works for me...
    Well, I remembered why I only air-dry & I'm glad I didn't buy a new dryer just because of the new ones are ceramic or tourmaline, more powerful, put out more ions, etc.
    Halo frizz from hell!!!

So, this stuff isn't any good for me. Three strikes & it's out!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file