goldencurlygoldencurly Posts: 2,385Registered Users
curious.....and shopping around
________
GLASS PIPE PICTURES
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Sweet CurlySweet Curly Posts: 32Registered Users
    I don't go near bathing suits because I'm too fat, but if I had a good body I'd wear a tankini. I think they're cute, and practical if you're actually going to be swimming or moving around a lot.
  • mazeymazey Posts: 709Registered Users
    I voted tankini. It is very hard for me to find a properly fitting one piece because I am tall. If I find one the right length, it is too big everywhere else and tall sizes are just too long. :roll:

I like tankinis because I am into water sports (swimming, kyaking, canoeing, etc...) so anything with less coverage isn't very practical.
    Madonna getting upset with her daughter for dressing too slutty is like Mr. T getting upset with his son for pitying too many fools.
  • bouncebounce Posts: 297Registered Users
    I like really low bottoms b/c I have zero hips and pointy, protruding hip bones. As for top, anything but a string usually works.

I like suits that have skirts - and I don't mean grandma skirts - I mean cute, ruffly skirts that you can wear in the water if you want. Those are perfect for Vegas/South Beach trips b/c they are pulled together.
  • kurlykittykurlykitty Posts: 162Registered Users
    Depend *entirely* on the activity and the location of the activity.

If I'm doing active sports, one piece or board shorts and top. If I'm lounging in the sun and just splashing in the water, or in a jacuzzi, its bikini or nothing at all, depending on the location. :)
    "Beware the man of one book." --Latin proverb
  • Who Me?Who Me? Posts: 3,181Registered Users
    I like 2-piece suits: I find one pieces good for sports and for women older than me (I'm 23). I feel much fatter in a one piece when all my friends are in bikinis, than if I have a little tummy in a bikini, but maybe that's just me.

I like boy-shorts and a halter-style top with a little oomph for the girls--they don't just stand up on their own. :shock: I like tankinis, too, but I think you can either have a lot of coverage up top OR at the bottom, not both, and since I like the boy-shorts for coverage down below, I wear a skimpier top, instead of tankini-style. I think the tankini tops look great with bottoms that tie on the sides, for example.
    "I don't know! I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again!" -BART SIMPSON
  • HairproductjunkieHairproductjunkie Posts: 363Registered Users
    You know, I was just about to post about this!!

I need a new swimsuit for a vacation this summer, and I want a tankini. I am not huge (size eight) but I do have a little stomach pooch that I am self conscious about (therefore, NO BIKINIS). I went to a few stores on my lunch break, and have been looking online, and it seems like 90% of the stuff out there are skimpy bikinis! It's maddening. The only tankini's that I saw were either basic black or some obnoxious pattern.
    GuardianB wrote:
    Southern gals rock :!:
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    I'm all about the tankinis. I have a couple red tops from Newport News which aren't on their site anymore, but which I love. They have lots of cute new suits I like! My torso's too short to find one pieces easily, though I need to get myself a good one piece for surfing in warmer water.... If I'm around water, I'm active, so skimpy bikinis just are not an option for me.
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • deedlesdeedles Posts: 2,467Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Hey GC,

how about these?? :lol::lol::lol: I find the weirdest links sometimes!!!!

http://www.wholesomewear.com/page-3.html

~deedleguide :)
    Liam: 6 years old
    Colin: 3 years old
  • PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    Hey GC,

Good Lord.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    PartyHair wrote:
    Hey GC,

Good Lord.

Hee. Maybe they are designed for the Mormon people who want to swim since they have to wear those undergarment thingys. :shock:
    Madonna getting upset with her daughter for dressing too slutty is like Mr. T getting upset with his son for pitying too many fools.
  • PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    mazey wrote:
    PartyHair wrote:
    Hey GC,

Good Lord.

Hee. Maybe they are designed for the Mormon people who want to swim since they have to wear those undergarment thingys. :shock:

I thought that too - exactly that! Then I thought "Good Lord" which is what I went with here. :D
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • Jenny CJenny C Posts: 1,195Registered Users
    Hey GC,

That might be strangest fashion I've ever seen. Who would want to wear a dress swimming?

Anyway, I look best in a one piece. I'm short and feel like a one piece elongates me. DH really likes bikini's so a got a few for our honeymoon, but if it weren't for him I'd never wear one.
    If you got nothing to bring to the table - don't even bother sitting down.
  • zmanzzzzzmanzzzz Banned Posts: 3,826Banned Users
    i prefer nudity. 8)
    mazey wrote:
    PartyHair wrote:
    Hey GC,

Good Lord.

Um, no. :D I'm Mormon, and I go for tankini's. And believe me, if my body were hotter, I would be all over those bikinis!

We're weird, but not that weird!! :D
    GuardianB wrote:
    I thought members of LDS were supposed to wear the one piece undergarments, which basically means no sleeveless tops. Unless some Mormons are more hardcore than others about it. :?:
    mazey wrote:
    I thought members of LDS were supposed to wear the one piece undergarments, which basically means no sleeveless tops. Unless some Mormons are more hardcore than others about it. :?:

No, they are two pieces (more like a camisole and underwear). And you have to choose to do it--not every Mormon does. And you CAN take them off for things like swimming, showering, etc. :wink:
    GuardianB wrote:
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    A wear a bikini if I'm just hanging around the pool or suntanning and a tankini if I'm doing anything active (jet skiing, tubing, etc).

I think a tankini is the best invention for chunkier girls. I think it slims alot of people out, compared to a one piece. I went shopping with my sister last summer (she's chunky, definatly not heavy, I think a 12-14) and couldn't believe the diffrence between a one piece and a tankini.
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • ChiChiChiChi Posts: 20Registered Users
    I usually wear string bikinis, but if I know I'll be doing something active, then I'll wear a sportier bikini.
  • zmanzzzzzmanzzzz Banned Posts: 3,826Banned Users
    ChiChi wrote:
    I usually wear string bikinis, but if I know I'll be doing something active, then I'll wear a sportier bikini.

hi there :D
  • jessiebirdjessiebird Posts: 10Registered Users
    I just got a new one-piece, which I showed a picture of on another thread. I find it hard, at 37, to find any clothes, not just swimwear, that are attractive, practical, and age-appropriate. I mean, Old Navy suits just don't contain enough material for this bod, but the two I got from Land's End (on clearance) are cut a bit too frumpy across the legs and butt.

I have a good stomach, but I am starting to feel self-conscious about having so much skin showing. I don't know about the rest of you, but I need to pretty much defoliate the south forty to go out in public in a bikini bottom, and I have other things to worry about.

I love the cute, skirted suits, and I was really leaning toward a bikini top and skirted bottom (tankinis hide the shape of my waist, which is the one thing I would like to emphasize). But in the end, I feel like a flattering one-piece is probably as close to a Sure Thing as I'm going to get. This last suit was very expensive, for a change, so I won't be collecting any more bathing suits as the season goes on!
    3a/3b very thick, very coarse at crown. Growing out short cut as of 1/05! Pass: curly
  • HeadintheCloudsHeadintheClouds Posts: 8Registered Users
    I'll usually wear a string for lounging by the pool and a boy cut bottom bikini for more activity.
    "Don't compromise yourself, you're all you've got." - Janis Joplin
    FreeCurls wrote:
    but you don't hear about bird hoarders or gerbil hoarders or whatever. just the cats. Must be something about those felines.
  • MorenaMorena Posts: 32Registered Users
    Victoria's Secret has some of the best swimsuits, especially the trendy one's, but they are pricey. I just bought a red bikini.
    It's not a string but it does tie around the neck with a clasp around the back. I like the halter styles too.
    Hating my 3b/c curls lately...
    Products that I want to try in the future: Ojon Restorative Treatment
  • SaKkehSaKkeh Posts: 986Registered Users
    NetG wrote:
    I'm all about the tankinis. I have a couple red tops from Newport News which aren't on their site anymore, but which I love. They have lots of cute new suits I like! My torso's too short to find one pieces easily, though I need to get myself a good one piece for surfing in warmer water.... If I'm around water, I'm active, so skimpy bikinis just are not an option for me.

these arent too bad...
    I LOVE the last one

4034.jpg

Juicy%20Couture%20Halter%20Tankini.jpg

2-piece-tankini.jpg

450353.jpg

001631.jpg
  • hestercurlshestercurls Posts: 31Registered Users
    Once I saw Tyra Banks talking about the Victoria's Secret runway show on Entertainment Tonight or something. Anyhow, she said her advice to women was to find the tiniest little panties you can find and then you'll look more confident and know that anything "hanging out" is going to look like it's meant to look that way because it's so small. I got a tiny string bikini and I have to say I look smaller and more confident in it than in the other more concealing (i.e. more fabric) bikinis I've had in the past. Just a thought.
  • msrebamsreba Posts: 143Registered Users
    gosh I cant even remember the last time i wore a bathing suit. Has to be years. 1 piece covering and holding it all in please.
  • alguma pessoaalguma pessoa Posts: 619Registered Users
    I wear a string bikini and tiny bikinis with a lot of support if I am being active.....I am half Brasilian what can I say :wink:.

I actually have to buy Colombian or Brasilian bikini bottoms because the cut of the American bikinis never work for me even if they are tiny. But I have to buy American tops because Brasilian women, in general (pre implant days), have small breasts so I cannot wear the tops unless I want to be spilling out everywhere :roll:. I like the triangle tops.

One thing I love about Brasilian women is that regardless of their size they all sport a bikini (and thongs) on the beach. I think it is lovely to see a "full" size woman and my favorite, a pregnant woman with a beautiful round belly, wearing a bikini. They just find a cut that looks right on them. A one piece usually draws too much attention to the belly area anyway. With the right cut the bikini can be more flattering IMO.

Not knocking anyone's choice of swim wear but I wish the US was as friendly to women of all shapes and sizes—all bodies are beautiful.

BTW, contrary to popular belief going topless in Brasil is frowned upon unless you are on a private beach and even then it is risqué. Only the French women go topless on Brasilian public beaches LOL.
    We're all born mad. Some remain so.

br-flag1.gif
  • nadinanadina Posts: 640Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    i just got a cute halter top + boy shorts from target. i feel very comfortable and cute - just covered up enough so i don't have to worry about anything hanging out, and there is some boobage. they have some pretty good stuff - hopefully i won't see too many people wearing the same thing.
  • BohemianRenegadeBohemianRenegade Posts: 1,078Registered Users
    Once I saw Tyra Banks talking about the Victoria's Secret runway show on Entertainment Tonight or something. Anyhow, she said her advice to women was to find the tiniest little panties you can find and then you'll look more confident and know that anything "hanging out" is going to look like it's meant to look that way because it's so small. I got a tiny string bikini and I have to say I look smaller and more confident in it than in the other more concealing (i.e. more fabric) bikinis I've had in the past. Just a thought.

I don't understand the logic in this... :?
    Trying to find some sanity as I work on my master's in nursing...
  • msrebamsreba Posts: 143Registered Users
    and then you'll look more confident and know that anything "hanging out" is going to look like it's meant to look that way because it's so small.
    (cause i missed this post somehow before)
    wow.. so.. hmm I will feel confident when this roll of belly fat (that is over full handful) is jiggling and swaying over a little bitty bikini. Oh yea.. real confident.
  • goldencurlygoldencurly Posts: 2,385Registered Users
    I agree with Cehua about lots of different shapes and sizes of women being beautiful. When I was pregnant, I wore tiny low rise bikini bottoms that went under the tummy comfortably and a halter top up until about month 8. At that point, I switched to a one piece - but not one of those awful maturnity suits. It was a boy leg one piece with a halter type top that tied behind the neck. It fit snuggly and I thought I looked good in it. Why did I switch to a one piece then? Because the turkey timer popped out :oops: Yep, I was self-concious about my inny belly button becoming an outie!

Normally, I wear an itty bitty string bikini or one with a bit more coverage for the pool. I don't have an hour glass figure, so if I'm going for sexy, it's gotta be nothing but skin exposure :lol: However, if I am going to be bouncing around and eventually drug behind a speedboat, I want a secure one piece that I won't loose at 60 miles per hour.

Due to a bit of weight gain that I really have been needing, especially up north, none of my suits from last year fit. Do to my size change on top, I have no idea what will look good on me. Especially since I never think anything really looks good, I just always settle for the least depresssing one :lol:
    ________
    WELLBUTRIN SETTLEMENT INFORMATION

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file