Alagio Rock Hard Gel

spring1onuspring1onu Posts: 16,528Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I got this as a sample and gave it a try today.

-The gel is very thick
-has a shimmery translucent pink color
-smells like grapefruit.

It's so thick it was hard to distribute, but I did a mix of scrunching some in and lightly raking some through. After diffusing dry my hair is VERY crunchy and feels tangled even though it's not. My hair looks great (if you like crunchy hair), but trying to scrunch the crunch out almost hurts. :lol: It's like the my hair is stuck together because the gel is so strong.

I've used BRHG and it gives me lots of crunch, but at least I can still manipulate it and pull it back, put a part in it etc. without it hurting.

For an idea of what normally works for me and my hair type:
Gels I use with success are Nexxus Exxtra gel which is one of my favorites for lasting hold without making my hair feel dirty. If I want a lighter hold I use Biotera styling gel and my hair feels soft, but still has hold. I've also used Aura Hypoallergenic gel with good results.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spring-smiley.gif?1292867680

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.

Comments

• kjwavykjwavy Posts: 362Registered Users
    Thank you SOO much!! Wow, it sounds just like Abba Weightless gel to me - the shimmery pink color, the grapefruit smell, & the hold. I really appreciate your feedback on this, because I do use Abba Weightless every morning on my roots & bangs. The AWG really gives me great volume at my roots, so this might be another option :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Discovered nc.com in 09/2003

2b~~fine texture~~normal porosity (except for highlights, which are high)~~normal elasticity~~medium density

Shampoo: Still use sulfates, but only on roots
    Rinse out: Deva One C, JC Too Shea, Original Sprouts Deep Conditioner
    Curl Enhancers: KCCC; JC Rocking Ringlets, JC Spiralicious, & Confident Coils
    Styler: BRHG (over any and all curl enhancers) - this is the one product that I never change - absolute HG!!

I

• spring1onuspring1onu Posts: 16,528Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Yeah, if you just used it at the roots it may work great for lift. I think if less of the product was used it wouldn't make my hair so tangled, but less would be hard to get all over my hair. I'll just stick with my Biotera and Nexxus. Probably for the best anyway since I don't think I can find the Alagio anywhere near me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spring-smiley.gif?1292867680

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
  • kjwavykjwavy Posts: 362Registered Users
    Judging by the name of it, I was really hoping that it would be a substitute for the original BRHG (I haven't tried the reformulated one yet). I love the BRHG for the heat & humidity :) Alagio is not sold around here, either, but I wouldn't mind ordering online if it was the same!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Discovered nc.com in 09/2003

2b~~fine texture~~normal porosity (except for highlights, which are high)~~normal elasticity~~medium density

Shampoo: Still use sulfates, but only on roots
    Rinse out: Deva One C, JC Too Shea, Original Sprouts Deep Conditioner
    Curl Enhancers: KCCC; JC Rocking Ringlets, JC Spiralicious, & Confident Coils
    Styler: BRHG (over any and all curl enhancers) - this is the one product that I never change - absolute HG!!

I

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file