Spinoff: What do U look 4 in a condish?

...besides no cones/sulfates?

I've heard ppl say they "love this condish" or a certain condish didn't do anything for them. But, other than not having any cones/sulfates, what is it that you look for (or avoid) in a given condish?

I just want something that cleans, detangles and makes my hair smell good. I guess some condish do this better than others?

Comments

• missmoniemissmonie Posts: 920Registered Users
    i like for my conditioner to be heavy enough to clump my curls and moisturize my hair. my hair seems so thick and if the conditioner is too thin....I have to use a lot of it which gets expensive! i also like for it to rinse clean enough so I don't feel residue.
    4a: Combo of tight coils and waves; Last relaxer - 11/05 (LC - 4/07) - http://public.fotki.com/missmonie/ - updates as of Mar '09

Products: Trader Joe's condish * Giovanni Direct Leave in * Fantasia Gel or KCCC for curl definition * Karen's Body Beautiful Hair Cream as moisturizer

comic-p.jpg
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I just want something that cleans, detangles and makes my hair smell good. I guess some condish do this better than others?

Yup. For me it has to do more. Adds and keeps moisture in the hair; minimizes frizz, smells good, doesn't build up, feels like seaweed and distributes like silk; lets me detangle with my hands before I pick up a comb; can be used as a leave-in; mostly naturally occurring ingredients. Conditioner is the single most important hair product for me. If you took everything away but conditioner, I could still get by.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • hippychichippychic Posts: 4,673Registered Users Curl Neophyte

Yup. For me it has to do more. Adds and keeps moisture in the hair; minimizes frizz, smells good, doesn't build up, feels like seaweed and distributes like silk; lets me detangle with my hands before I pick up a comb; can be used as a leave-in; mostly naturally occurring ingredients. Conditioner is the single most important hair product for me. If you took everything away but conditioner, I could still get by.
    I totally agree with this. :sunny:
    LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NubianCoilsNubianCoils Posts: 2,149Registered Users
    Thick/creamy consistency
    smells really good
    makes it to where I'm able to finger comb
    smells really goooood
    makes my hair soft, even if I rinse it out
    does not dry white if I leave it in; dissolves into my hair
    smells really good
    Defeated the Relaxer: January 2001 :boxing:
    Dreadlocks Since: March 2001
    Cut Dreadlocks: February 2009:afro:

Holy Grails:
    Amla and Bhringraj are the TRUTH, HE LTR Conditioner is the BIDNESS, Shea butter, Honey, Jamican Black Castor Oil

Full head of 4a hair!:wav:
  • msjaimmsjaim Posts: 948Registered Users
    thick ( where a little goes a long way)
    slip
    needs to soften my hair
  • OnyxCabeloOnyxCabelo Posts: 1,767Registered Users
    Thick/creamy consistency
    smells really good
    smells really goooood
    smells really good

:laughing6: Yes - I totally agree with everything you just wrote:thumbup:!
    Currently:Alaffia Shea & Coconut Enriching Shampoo, Alaffia Virgin Coconut & Shea Enriching Hair Lotion, Qhemet Amla Olive Heavy Cream, Qhemet Honeybush Tea Gel.

Last Texturizer: March 12, 2008
    BC: July 21, 2008
    Hair: Coarse, low porosity, iii.

Certified Denirophile:love5:

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting a different outcome". ~ Albert Einstein
  • Kinky RhonnieKinky Rhonnie Posts: 1,166Registered Users
    It must be:
    Natural
    Thick
    Have slip - It MUST allow me to get a comb through my hair if it's wet and loose ((trust me, MANY don't)
    Moisturizing
    IMG_2442+-+Copy+2.JPG
    Get up to $10 off your first order at http://www.iherb.com. Use discount code: CAR231.

My Blog: http://kinkyrhonnie.blogspot.com
  • KitathenaKitathena Posts: 1,666Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    For me, in addition to the above mentioned characteristics, price is also a factor :)
    00f0fe4a-6e80-4412-94d4-a8bc465cb7ae_zps1be28d8c.jpg?t=1377261778
    My blogs: NewlyNatural.com
    My fotki pw:hair
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    What made ya resurrect my old thread?
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Posts: 5,400Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I look for superior detangling and smoothing.
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
    Phoenix wrote: »
    You are Kimchee? I try to search as much as possible in the old posts rather than asking 50 zillion repeat questions when I am curious about something. Today, I was doing a search on conditioners and this popped up. Sometimes I can add to the convo, sometimes it's just interesting reading. :)
    LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mariag002mariag002 Posts: 3,557Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thick/creamy consistency
    smells really good
    smells really goooood
    smells really good

All of the above!!! Especially the bolded! :cyclopsani:
    I'm a SUCKER for products that smell yummy. I can usually tell if its a keeper if my DH says "OMG your hair smells sooooo good" :D
    - Maria

Big Chop: 9/23/07
    Relaxer free for almost 5 years!

• The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    hippychic wrote: »
    Phoenix wrote: »
    You are Kimchee?

yup.
    hippychic wrote: »
    I try to search as much as possible in the old posts rather than asking 50 zillion repeat questions when I am curious about something. Today, I was doing a search on conditioners and this popped up. Sometimes I can add to the convo, sometimes it's just interesting reading. :)

oh, very good!
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • SmartkittySmartkitty Posts: 217Registered Users
    my ideal:

1. Moisture (key to length retention)
    2. slip/creaminess - I just like it
    3. scent - wish I could find a tolerable scent on non cone cons - AO smell hideous.
    4. ingredients - got to have things in it that my hair loves.
    5. The ease of the squeeze - some of these bottles try to trick me out of what I paid for with that last two inches of product that just won't come out:laughing8:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mariag002mariag002 Posts: 3,557Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Smartkitty wrote: »
    my ideal:

3. scent - wish I could find a tolerable scent on non cone cons - AO smell hideous.
    5. The ease of the squeeze - some of these bottles try to trick me out of what I paid for with that last two inches of product that just won't come out:laughing8:

Oh God, Aubrey Organics comes to mind!
    - Maria

Big Chop: 9/23/07
    Relaxer free for almost 5 years!

• NubianCoilsNubianCoils Posts: 2,149Registered Users
    mariag002 wrote: »
    my ideal:

Take a kitchen knife and cut the container in half. Scoop out all the conditioner into another containter you've bought with a lid on it and keep on using.

You ain't having me pay over $10 (AO, I'm talkin' to YOU!!!) and then have me leave a DROP of the conditioner in the container and throw it away. AIN'T HAPPENIN'!!!!:protest:
    Defeated the Relaxer: January 2001 :boxing:
    Dreadlocks Since: March 2001
    Cut Dreadlocks: February 2009:afro:

Holy Grails:
    Amla and Bhringraj are the TRUTH, HE LTR Conditioner is the BIDNESS, Shea butter, Honey, Jamican Black Castor Oil

Full head of 4a hair!:wav:
    mariag002 wrote: »
    my ideal:

Take a kitchen knife and cut the container in half. Scoop out all the conditioner into another containter you've bought with a lid on it and keep on using.

You ain't having me pay over $10 (AO, I'm talkin' to YOU!!!) and then have me leave a DROP of the conditioner in the container and throw it away. AIN'T HAPPENIN'!!!!:protest:
    I mix a liquid like aloe or water or oil into the last little bit to ensure I get it all out. I'm not leaving any behind either! :tongue7:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file