Stretch Marks

MunchyMunchy Posts: 5,206Registered Users Curl Novice
I saw this on another message board

http://www.jpgmag.com/photos/69556

ETA the pic and description
69556_31482_9b93f73f66_p.jpg

"A mark for every breath you took, every blink, every sleepy yawn. One for every time you sucked your thumb, waved hello, closed your eyes and slept in the most perfect darkness. One for every time you had the hiccups. One for every dream you dreamed within me.

It isn't very pretty anymore. Some may even think it ugly. That's OK. It was your home. It held you until my arms could, and for that I will always find something beautiful in it."

Comments

• CurlieGlamourGirlieCurlieGlamourGirlie Posts: 1,198Registered Users
    Because I didn't cry enough when I had a temper tantrum last night?

That's so awesome.

(I was wondering how you were doing - you're getting awfully close there!)
    3b (I think!)
    HGs - Suave Nexxus Knockoff, Jessicurl Weekly DT, L'Oreal Out of Bed, HESMU.
    http://public.fotki.com/CurlyGlamourGirlie
    http://curlyglamourgirlie.blogspot.com
  • judystartsfiresjudystartsfires Posts: 32Registered Users
    I teared up and I've never even thought of having a kid yet.
  • wavezncurlzwavezncurlz Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    Interesting way to think of those horrid things! It's true though. I didn't get that many from pregnancy #1. I was so worried. I've noticed a few more this time but honestly, it doesn't bother me as much. I know that the gift at the end makes it oh so worth it!
    HAIRCOLLAGE2010-1-1.jpg[

mini-album w/ various styles for the past 10 years of natural hair:
    http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c252/wavezncurlz/hair/
    password: curlzorwavez
  • CynaminbearCynaminbear Posts: 4,476Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    The Shape of a Mother

My stomach and sides look much like the one you posted, only I have a small apron from hip to hip, too. It's not from the c-section, because that scar is vertical. So, take the pic above, add a scar from 1" below the belly button and go downward, then add more of the same down to the upper thigh, and that's me. This is after 3 full term pregnancies.
    There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    I cried, and so far I am blessed not to have any (but maybe I'll be like wavezncurlz.)

You're almost there!
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• MunchyMunchy Posts: 5,206Registered Users Curl Novice
    Thanks for asking about me!

I'm almost there and I can't wait. I'm just uncomfortable and I've been battling false labor for a few days. Yesterday I had contractions every 4 mins for almost the whole day. They weren't painful, though, so my doctor didn't want me to come in unless something changed. It just feels like A LOT of pressure and then regular old painless BH.

I had a baby shower last weekend and although I'm not really house-ready for her, I'm definitely excited and anxious for her to come.
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    Wow. Now those are stretch marks. I didn't get them with any of my kids.
    I thought I might have had them with this pregnancy, but I don't have any.

Although my stomach looks very dark (almost as dark as my linea negra). Hormones, perhaps? It'll go away eventually. But it's very strange to look at.
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    medussa wrote:
    Wow. Now those are stretch marks. I didn't get them with any of my kids.
    I thought I might have had them with this pregnancy, but I don't have any.

Although my stomach looks very dark (almost as dark as my linea negra). Hormones, perhaps? It'll go away eventually. But it's very strange to look at.

My stomach is dark, too! And yeah, it's weird - and I still have the linea nigra.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• SigiSigi Posts: 2,379Registered Users
    I don't have stretch marks like that, just some very faint white ones, mostly on my thighs and butt. My linea negra took forevah to go away. It's not like I needed to wear a bikini or anything, so I didn't really care.
  • imagenimagen Posts: 343Registered Users
    I didn't get a linea negra. I wonder why some people get them and some don't?

cynaminbear, that was a cool website! Makes me feel a bit better to look at other real women who also have different bodies after pregnancy!
    .png

.png
  • sarah42sarah42 Posts: 4,034Registered Users
    imagen wrote:
    cynaminbear, that was a cool website! Makes me feel a bit better to look at other real women who also have different bodies after pregnancy!

Agreed. However, it makes me feel a little (vainly, superficially) discouraged that the skin on my tummy might never get tight again like it used to be. Bleh.

Regarding the linea negra, I think I've heard that if you're fair-skinned, you're less likely to get it.
    ehLB.jpg
  • shellibeanshellibean Posts: 4,500Registered Users
    sarah42 wrote:

Regarding the linea negra, I think I've heard that if you're fair-skinned, you're less likely to get it.

Ha! I got it and I am very fair skinned.
    A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

"...you could have a turd on your head and no one would notice."~Subbrock

"I had an imaginary puppy, but my grandpa ate him."~Bailey
  • geminigemini Posts: 3,325Registered Users
    Call me vain--but after seeing those photos, I don't feel that I fared so bad. I got stretch marks, but they are the slightly indented kind that match my skin tone. You can see them in certain light, but they are not obvious. And I have the c-section "apron" but not quite as uh...prominent some of those posted. :silent:

At the same time, it is good to have a positive attitude about the things that can not be changed.

Oh--I had linea nigra for about a year post partum--which is pretty much the entire time I was still nursing.
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    ive got it all now- stretch marks, flappy tummy, linea nigra, and 10lbs i still cant seem to lose. im rather saddened...
  • SigiSigi Posts: 2,379Registered Users
    subbrock wrote:
    ive got it all now- stretch marks, flappy tummy, linea nigra, and 10lbs i still cant seem to lose. im rather saddened...

Don't feel sad! Your baby is only 2 months old! It took nine months for all that to happen, so give yourself some time for it to get back to normal. *hugs*
  • geminigemini Posts: 3,325Registered Users
    Sigi wrote:
    subbrock wrote:

Don't feel sad! Your baby is only 2 months old! It took nine months for all that to happen, so give yourself some time for it to get back to normal. *hugs*

I agree!! I was pretty swollen until about 3 months post partum (even though I lost the weight by then), and even then, my body didn't completely settle back into its old shape until after i finished nursing. Even one of my friends has pointed out that I look slimmer now, even though I have not actually lost any more weight.

I understand the frustration, though--I have felt it--give yourself time.
  • CynaminbearCynaminbear Posts: 4,476Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    sarah42 wrote:
    imagen wrote:

Agreed. However, it makes me feel a little (vainly, superficially) discouraged that the skin on my tummy might never get tight again like it used to be. Bleh.

I almost didn't post it because I didn't want to scare any pregnant moms. Not everyone will end up like me (and many others). Genetics, health, and nutrition play big roles.
    There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file