expressed breast milk that's been refrigerated

beliciousbelicious Posts: 196Registered Users
I would like to know how others handle this. Here's a scenario: expressed breast milk on Monday and refrigerated it...brought it out of fridge on Wednesday at noon in house that's 78 degrees and gave bottle to baby at 3pm... Okay or not? My thinking is the milk will gradually get to room temp... Is it wiser/safer to remove bottle from fridge, put in warm water, and then immediately serve? How do you instruct caregivers to handle/serve your milk?
Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
My hair shrinks or expands according to the humidity and my hair products. ;)
2C hair, thick and coarse and dry

Comments

• DarkAngelDarkAngel Posts: 2,671Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    That bottle was okay. My practice was to warm his milk in a bowl of warm water. I instructed my sitter's to do the same. I think it's wiser to warm immediately because the good stuff in breastmilk degrades over time. No need to leave it out without being used for any longer than necessary.
    image.php?type=2&o=5&c=1&date=2009-10-07&babyname=Sebastian

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Theodor Seuss Geisel
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    You're fine.
  • deezee02deezee02 Posts: 1,509Registered Users
    We used a bottle warmer, so out of the fridge into the warmer and done.

If we were out we used hot water.
    58eCm4.png
    SCxkm4.png

Come swag with me!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    I agree - you're ok. Lex likes his breastmilk slightly on the cold side, so bottles were never out that long anyway.
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    ive done it that way or put it in the warmer and majerle sucks it down either way!
  • inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Posts: 2,954Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    subbrock wrote:
    ive done it that way or put it in the warmer and majerle sucks it down either way!

I did the same for Chas. It was nice to take a cold bottle of breastmilk out with me and not have to worry about warming it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file