Anyone else on here a BPAL junkie?

lushaholiclushaholic Posts: 2,180Registered Users
Ok, I wouldn't consider myself a bpal junkie yet, because I'm still very new to it (thanks to the lovely enabling blaqpearl 8) ), but was just wondering if anyone else on here is? :) Come on, 'fess up!
3a/2c f/mii. pics added 2/3/07
spingbannerwk6.jpghycoffeeiconuy8.gif

Comments

• miacurlmiacurl Posts: 332Registered Users
    WTH is a bpal ???
    2C/3A auburn hair.
    between shoulders and BSL
  • lushaholiclushaholic Posts: 2,180Registered Users
    LOL!! Figures you would be the first to respond (the inquisitive pj within you just couldn't resist ;)). I'll have to get blaqpearl to answer this, because I just wouldn't do it justice!
    Ha ha ha--you and I are just on the computer at the same time today!!
    2C/3A auburn hair.
    Ok, I hate the thought of just leaving you hanging, wondering wth bpal is, so here is the link: www.bpal.org it's fragranced oils(?) but, it's so complicated for me to explain. people who are into them are REALLY into them, it's like it's own cult like nc.com! and like blaqpearl told me, the first time you go to the website you might think it's kind of weird because it's rather gothy looking. I only have a few and have swapped a few away as well. Most people try the imp's ears first (little vials of the fragrances) before they buyer the larger sizes. I still get overwhelmed when I go to that site!
    No offense to anyone out there, but it looks friggin' weird. JMO. I will not respond to harassment (not too often anyway) :P
    2C/3A auburn hair.
    Hehehhe, I totally thought the same thing, and if blaqpearl hadn't given me a little bit of a warning before I went, I would have really wondered... but some of their fragrances smell really lovely!! You just have to get past the weird stuff, but I know what you mean.
    Yea, what's up with the blackness and darkness?? Goth is one thing, is it (gulp) devil worship stuff?

:P
    2C/3A auburn hair.
    Not that I know of??? Maybe someone else knows? I bet if I had posted this on the non-hair board they would know!
    lushaholic wrote:
    Not that I know of??? Maybe someone else knows? I bet if I had posted this on the non-hair board they would know!

Lush! You are too funny! :lol:
    2C/3A auburn hair.
  • blaqpearlblaqpearl Posts: 310Registered Users
    Wow...sorry to respond so late.

Hey LUSH...are you trying to enable these folks?

BPAL is definitely goth oriented, but devil worshipping, not at all. These oils are very addicting and just absolutely remarkable. The creator is a master when it comes to blending perfume oils. Just dont look at the pictures too much...they are dark but not that obscene.
    I have kinks, coils and curls on this head.
    Certified PJ. I need rehab.
    Hair Album
    Last update 1/1/07
  • orangebeachorangebeach Posts: 39Registered Users
    I ordered some imps the other day and understand that it will take between 20-30 business days before they are shipped.

What are some of your recommendations as far as which scents are really outstanding? I just ordered the ones which sounded good...
    CG since 11/19/03

3-B

Current faves: Elucence M/B Conditioner, Jessicurl DT and Too Shea!, LA Looks Curl Looks Gel, Suave Milk and Honey for condish washing, jojoba oil and coconut oil.
    First off, you should join the bpal forum. They have reviews and recommendations. Since everyone's body chemistry is so different, it is hard to tell you what will work for you. With so many scents to choose from, I know it can be overwhelming.

Start with notes you like and go from there. Take a chance every now and then. You never know what good scent you will find.

Also join the forum so that you can have a chance to purchase some imps to try right away instead of waiting. But believe me it is worth the wait. They are hand blended at the moment they are working on your order.

So please tell....which imps did you order?
    Hair Album
    Last update 1/1/07
  • orangebeachorangebeach Posts: 39Registered Users
    I ordered: Snake Oil, O, Dirty and a few others I cannot recall right now. It was overwhelming, but I did narrow it down to a few that sounded pretty delicious... But those names!!

I read on the forum that one can add these oils to leave-in conditioner for wonderful-smelling hair. Seemed like there were many interesting ways to use these oils.

I never understood how to join the forum or swap. Can you give my any ideas? Thanks! :)
    CG since 11/19/03

3-B

Current faves: Elucence M/B Conditioner, Jessicurl DT and Too Shea!, LA Looks Curl Looks Gel, Suave Milk and Honey for condish washing, jojoba oil and coconut oil.
    I looove Snake Oil, I just got an imp of this the other day in a swap! :) I kept sniffing my arm all day, I couldn't help it. I haven't tried O yet, but really want to. If you like Snake Oil, then you would probably really like Dana O'Shee and Alice. My favorites so far are in fact Snake Oil, Dana O'Shee, Alice, Ava Maria Gratia Plena (something like that), the Unicorn, Dragon's milk, Black Pearl and some others I can't remember the names off the top of my head.
    Like I said in my first post, blaqpearl is the one who enabled me to this wonderful stuff, and she's right about trying to swap on the swap boards or buy/sell there, since it's so much faster than ordering directly from the site. You can also find them on ebay. I only have imps so far, no bigger bottles. There's soo many I'd love to try. I've probably swapped away equal number that I've kept, but that's the way to do it. :)
  • KurleeKurlee Posts: 1,354Registered Users
    What are you up to now Lush?? :wink:

It does look very goth-is...

• spring1onuspring1onu Posts: 16,528Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Ohhhh, this looks very interesting!! I'm looking around E-Bay now just to see what prices are. There are SO many choices how do you ever choose? Oh great..something else to spend money on!! :lol:

I love the internet because there are so many things I'd never have given a try. Thanks for posting about this :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spring-smiley.gif?1292867680

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
    spring1onu wrote:
    Ohhhh, this looks very interesting!! I'm looking around E-Bay now just to see what prices are. There are SO many choices how do you ever choose? Oh great..something else to spend money on!! :lol:

I love the internet because there are so many things I'd never have given a try. Thanks for posting about this :D

Consider yourself warned...BPAL is highly addictive. Even more addicting that Lush products. Hurry hide your debit and credit cards. :twisted:
    Hair Album
    Last update 1/1/07
    HA! I've already got my list of 6 picked out to sample! :twisted: I almost placed an order last night, but I've gone Ebay crazy this month (a few hair products and an extremely cute purse with dachshunds on it) so I'm making myself wait until next pay period to order the scents. I did surf around Ebay though to see if anyone had the combination of scents for sell that I want because I've got a $5 off coupon and I could justify ordering if I used that. hehe Must be really popular because even the auctions that were 6 days away from ending had lots of bids on them.

I spent a few hours browsing the site last night and all of the scent combos and descriptions are so interesting. The whole thing is so intriguing to me I can't wait to get some to smell!! must....wait...to...buy.... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

ETAdd--I know my credit/debit card number by heart so hiding won't help me!!! :twisted: :twisted: <~~~credit/debit card = debbil!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
    Yeah, you gotta watch out for the blaqpearl girl, she's a powerful bpal enabler. :wink: For everyone else who gets freaked out by the goth themes on the site, I was warned by blaqpearl beforehand, so I knew what to expect and pretty much just tuned it out. Just like I really don't notice the ads too much on this board anymore. If you join the bpal forum, they have different 'themes' you can choose from, and I chose the 'Alice' one, so it's quite far from the goth theme, hehe. 8)
  • hecatemacbethhecatemacbeth Posts: 5Registered Users
    There are sooooo many I want, and are discontinued already! I absolutely LOVE Harvest Moon...just running out of money!
    Hecatemacbeth - MUA/LJ
    Tell me about it! My yule order is looking pretty scary to my wallet. :shock:
  • spring21spring21 Posts: 4Registered Users
    blaqpearl wrote:
    Wow.

Well thats your opinion and well its your opinion.
    spring21 wrote:
    blaqpearl wrote:
    Wow.

??????
    Hair Album
    Last update 1/1/07
    blaqpearl wrote:
    spring21 wrote:
    blaqpearl wrote:
    Wow.

??????

That was my reaction... ?????? the heck is that about?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Cosmic ButterflyCosmic Butterfly Posts: 11Registered Users
    You ladies got me hooked! I ordered imps of Scherezade and Snake Oil lastnight.

I would love to try Red Lantern, Unicorn, Dragons Milk, O, and so many more. Yum!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file