First Words?

deedlesdeedles Posts: 2,467Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
When do they really start?

Right now Liam is at Mama, Dada, Baba and a bunch of babbling and squeeling.

~d
Liam: 6 years old
Colin: 3 years old

Comments

• rainshowerrainshower Posts: 4,420Registered Users
    our son started his first words before he turned 1. mama, dada. when he was about 10 months, he was asking "what's that?" it sounded like "us dat?" but even strangers could understand what he meant. and we'd answer his questions? he'd point and say, "us dat?" a dog. "us dat?" a house. "us dat?" a billboard advertising geico auto insurance. you get the picture.

our daughter called our son "brudders" (brothers). we kept saying "this is your brother" so much that she started calling him brothers. she was 1. at that time, she was also asking "ah brudders?" (where's brothers?) "ah dada?" (where's dada?).

our son was saying fruck for truck (sometimes he left out the "r" :love5: ).

to both of them, elmo was "mo-mo." this was all before or at a year of age.
    "Dogs stink too, but I like dog stink." ~ rileyb
  • inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Posts: 2,954Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Deedles, Chas' only other words besides Mama (rarely), DaDa, BAH are
    diaper and occasionally bye-bye. Diaper he has down pat. He repeats it constantly.

I think it varies My friends little girl is 16 months...the only thing I heard her say was Uh-Oh all last weekend.
  • deedlesdeedles Posts: 2,467Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    IC, Is Chas Walking on his own yet?

~d
    Liam: 6 years old
    Colin: 3 years old
  • cymprenicympreni Posts: 9,609Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    my oldest didn't start say his first words until 2, and only a few for about a year, but rarely used them, then started picking up more words. but he's autisic so bad example.

Youngest: started talking around 15 months. and once he did it wasn't just a few words, he said alot like he had been talking the whole time.
  • CynaminbearCynaminbear Posts: 4,476Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    My youngest started talking after 9 months, and probably closer to 1 year.
    Some kids are more vocal, like my friend's daughter who could speak 2 or 3 word sentences at 9 months (which is why I know mine wasn't speaking then). My oldest niece spoke early, and mostly clearly, but her sister didn't talk much until just before she turned 2.
    There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.
  • inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Posts: 2,954Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    deedles wrote:
    IC, Is Chas Walking on his own yet?

~d

Nope, I did notice this weekend that he's starting to let go of things and stand. I think he does it most of the time without realizing it because he's playing with something in his hands. Once he realizes it....he falls. :laughing9:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file