Hair dryer

pearlizedpearlized Registered Users Posts: 25
Hello. ^_^

It always seemed sort of pointless for me to style my hair as I normally do (for curly hair, obviously) when I'm going to straighten it with a flat iron later. So I thought I would try blowdrying it (using an old, probably cheap, hair dryer) with a round brush first, but this really just made my hair frizzy, dry, and poofy. It was fine after I used the flat iron, but I was wondering if there was some way I could minimize the amount of flat iron use by semi-straightening my hair with a hair dryer and round brush first.

So I was wondering if this would work for a 3b, and if so, which hair dryer I should buy.

Thanks so much in advance for your help.

Comments

• spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso
    pearlized wrote:
    Hello. ^_^

It always seemed sort of pointless for me to style my hair as I normally do (for curly hair, obviously) when I'm going to straighten it with a flat iron later. So I thought I would try blowdrying it (using an old, probably cheap, hair dryer) with a round brush first, but this really just made my hair frizzy, dry, and poofy. It was fine after I used the flat iron, but I was wondering if there was some way I could minimize the amount of flat iron use by semi-straightening my hair with a hair dryer and round brush first.

So I was wondering if this would work for a 3b, and if so, which hair dryer I should buy.

Thanks so much in advance for your help.

Sorry, I've never straightened w/ a round brush...or any brush. That seems more suited to 3As and lower, IMO.

I've only used a flatiron a handful of times and I do not like it. I don't want all that direct heat. I might change my tune if I bought one of the $200 pure ceramic (not ceramic coated) irons. But I think the cheapy flat irons are too damaging and I won't use them any more.

If I want to go straight, I set my hair in the largest size rollers and get under the bonnet. (I just bought one of the portable bonnets. :cheers: ) When it is completely dry, I remove the rollers and gently stretch out the curls w/ a blow dryer on low and a wide tooth comb. Or some people wrap it after they take the rollers out.

I find using rollers to be a lot less damaging (no direct heat on the hair) and still gives you a lot of body.

Not exactly what you asked but just my experience w/ straightening.

• pearlizedpearlized Registered Users Posts: 25
    That's really helpful. I think I have some large rollers that I'll try.

Thank you so much.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file