UGH! The new Tresemme commercial

tooj68tooj68 Registered Users Posts: 471
Has anyone seen it? I just saw it today and I am fuming.

A young lady goes into a hair salon and says something like "Oh Leo, my new hairdresser, please help me!" and she goes on to say how she looked like a poodle while she proceeds to she fluff up her curls.

Then she walks out of the salon with her new, ", improved" 'do all slow and sexy with her new "sleek, smooth", straight hair. :angry3:

She then thanks her lifesaver Leo for fixing her curly "mess"!!

Since when did natural become "unacceptable"?

thought to myself about curlhaters in the media:

"Uh-oh. Just when we were making hair strides... :thumbdown: :(

THEY'RE BAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!"
3B, with oodles and oodles of curly hair! :toothy7:
Summer Faves: Devacare NoPoo & OneC, CF High Humidity Gel.
2nd day hair: Deva Set Me Up pomade & Mr. Right
DT: Devacurl Heaven in Hair
Been CG since 2005 and never looked back!

Comments

• keikokkeikok Banned Banned Users Posts: 585
    I think I saw that one A LONG time ago so I hardly remember. The one with "Leo" that's airing right now is this really dumb one where he screws up her hair with a curling iron...really bad. I never thought I would see such a terrible curly style until I saw this **** abuse tresemme's "volume spray" and "curl activator"
  • AmandacurlsAmandacurls Registered Users Posts: 6,252 Curl Neophyte
    Yes, I hate that commercial. What about the informercial for that Maxiglide where they continually refer to curly hair as frizzy, and all the pictures they take of the girls "before" they are frowning, and then when they have straight hair they look like they just won the lottery. The keep referring to straight hair as "elegant, sexy, etc..". I hate it, and at the same time the guy trying to sell it has curly hair.
  • DominicanaHeatDominicanaHeat Registered Users Posts: 2,729
    keikok wrote:
    I think I saw that one A LONG time ago so I hardly remember. The one with "Leo" that's airing right now is this really dumb one where he screws up her hair with a curling iron...really bad. I never thought I would see such a terrible curly style until I saw this &%$@#! abuse tresemme's "volume spray" and "curl activator"

Yes I saw that ad a few months ago. I was like...WHY bother blowing out her curls, JUST to fry her hair with a curling iron? Stop being a lazy idiot and learn to work with curls in their natural state! You're just doing DOUBLE the work and destroying that woman's hair!

:laughing9:
    3a/3b thick coarse WL dark brown hair. CG/Mod CG since: 5/4/05. Current products: Right now my hair is in such a tizzy over this winter weather we are hving that nothing really seems to be working. I need a haircut.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file